Express Entry in a nutshell

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
After my IELTS exired, I retook the test twice and failed to maintain above 400 crs score. Should I even bother submitting what I have now for e-pr? Reason why I need above 400 is because I got Ontario nomination.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
TLOU said:
After my IELTS exired, I retook the test twice and failed to maintain above 400 crs score. Should I even bother submitting what I have now for e-pr? Reason why I need above 400 is because I got Ontario nomination.
I'm sorry to hear that!!! But the short answer is no... you'll fail the A11.2 eligibility test, get you app canceled/rejected and it may even cost you the $550 fee.

You really need to focus on the IELTS and get that CLB9... Have you thought about CELPIP? I think with CELPIP you can retake just listening and speaking if you need (although double check on this as I'm not 100% sure).

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
TLOU said:
Try to take the pressure off your head and try the test again! I believe nominations have 6 months validity. So you can give one more attempt and see.

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi guys, any ideas on my questions below?

1) IMM5662E - Travel history. I did provide this in my application. Any reason why they would request this again?
2) LOE detailing what I did for one specific year. This year was included in my personal history entries and I was working and going to University. And also got married. Any reason why they would request this?

Also,
3) After receiving COPR how long does one have to land?

arunkumarsachin

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Hi Team,

Totally, I have 11.8 years of experience. In current employer, I have been for 10.3 years and travelled to Australia for 8 months for my project assignment.
In previous employment(1.5 years), though I have appointment letter & relieving letter, I don't have a specific letter explaining my roles and responsibilities.

Considering this situation,

1. Since I have more than 10 years experience in current employer, is it necessary to mention my previous employer details in the EE profile.
2. In addition, in the EE profile, do I need to mention separately my Australia experience instead of showing total experience in the current employer. The reason behind that this onsite experience doesn't count for CRS point calculation.

Please suggest on the above queries.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arunkumarsachin said:
Hi Team,

Totally, I have 11.8 years of experience. In current employer, I have been for 10.3 years and travelled to Australia for 8 months for my project assignment.
In previous employment(1.5 years), though I have appointment letter & relieving letter, I don't have a specific letter explaining my roles and responsibilities.

Considering this situation,

1. Since I have more than 10 years experience in current employer, is it necessary to mention my previous employer details in the EE profile.
2. In addition, in the EE profile, do I need to mention separately my Australia experience instead of showing total experience in the current employer. The reason behind that this onsite experience doesn't count for CRS point calculation.

Please suggest on the above queries.
It is not necessary to mention in your EE profile because work history of last 10 years is considered for points, however, you might have to mention it in personal history while filing eAPR after ITA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
RabinJi said:
Hi Raj today i received my 4 th notes but everything similar to 1st,2nd,3rd notes but at last i see
status enquiry received.Standard security/background check pending template response sent,what does this mean?And my due date is 19 February.
Rabin
Not sure what it means Rabin. You might want to ask this to eagle333 - S/he might be able to help you with this.

I hope you get your PPR very soon!

All the best!

I can't say what it means because I do not know.

corolla110

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
Submitted my EE profile with 460 score for NOC2281. But i am in doubt if i would receive an invitation. I know the CRS scores are going down. But with my NOC will i be able to get an invitation?

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Not sure what it means Rabin. You might want to ask this to eagle333 - S/he might be able to help you with this.

I hope you get your PPR very soon!

All the best!

I can't say what it means because I do not know.
That's Ok Raj but how can i contact to eagle?
Rabin

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
DEEPCUR said:
Try to take the pressure off your head and try the test again! I believe nominations have 6 months validity. So you can give one more attempt and see.
I really can't retake another IELTS as I am out of the country this whole month and my ITA is expiring early March...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
RabinJi said:
That's Ok Raj but how can i contact to eagle?
Rabin
Eagle333 is a member on this forum. May be you can try to contact him by PMing him? You really wanted me to tell you this? ::) ::)

You can also post the content of your notes in the below thread -->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t390292.0.html;topicseen

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
corolla110 said:
Hello all,
Submitted my EE profile with 460 score for NOC2281. But i am in doubt if i would receive an invitation. I know the CRS scores are going down. But with my NOC will i be able to get an invitation?
There is no need to worry. Your NOC is in category B and your score is pretty high. As long as the system has given you those points you are good to go. My guess is you will be invited next week.

swat007

Jan 28, 2017
swat007 said:
Thanks Raj So much.

I have one more doubt.
I held two designations in my current employment. Should I created separate entries or only one entry.
for e.g.
1 jan 2015 joined as analyst
1 jan 2016 became senior analyst

should i make my entry as --> 1 jan 2015 till date as Senior analyst
OR
two separate entries--> 1 jan 2015 to 31 DEc 2015 as Analyst & 1 jan 2016 till date as Senior Analyst

kindly guide me.

Thanks
Hi Again.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am little confused about this, request the seniors to help me out.

Thanks in advance

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
From what I've understood about Express Entry, it doesnt make difference if you studied in Canada or any other parts of the world, if you worked in Canada or any other parts of the world... There are a number of factors, you collect a total of X points, and then you go into a pool and if you have more points than other applicants, you will get visa, right?

So, if I study Master of science (or whatever!) in Canada for 2 years, and then get a job for one or two years there, it doesnt make any difference in my chances of getting applied in Express Entry?
I need to know this because if it doesnt increase my chance of getting accepted in Express Entry significantly, so I dont spend all the money I hav just to be able to get my Master in Canada and work for a few years.

Would be glad if someone help me in this matter.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamid123456 said:
From what I've understood about Express Entry, it doesnt make difference if you studied in Canada or any other parts of the world, if you worked in Canada or any other parts of the world... There are a number of factors, you collect a total of X points, and then you go into a pool and if you have more points than other applicants, you will get visa, right?

So, if I study Master of science (or whatever!) in Canada for 2 years, and then get a job for one or two years there, it doesnt make any difference in my chances of getting applied in Express Entry?
I need to know this because if it doesnt increase my chance of getting accepted in Express Entry significantly, so I dont spend all the money I hav just to be able to get my Master in Canada and work for a few years.

Would be glad if someone help me in this matter.
The bolded part is correct. However, education in Canada and work in Canada brings more points that you would need to have a competitive score.

You have to figure out if your foreign education/work is sufficient to get an ITA.