+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Rex4Canada

Jan 9, 2017
Hello Friends !

I have a CRS of 426 with IELTS CLB9+, created EE profile in Oct 2016, NOC not in demand in SINP, waiting for OINP to open.

Anybody got any idea about opening of OINP or any other options to apply through to get PR. Please help!

Thanks.

sammy89

Feb 1, 2017
Question: I have created an Express Entry profile and also after receiving the job seeker code, created a Job Bank profile as well. Job bank profile status is showing Active. However, on CIC My account - Job Bank is showing Pending. Does anyone know why this is so and how long it takes for status to be updated?

Also right after activating my Job Bank profile, I got a message (PDF) on My CIC Account saying Welcome to Express Entry and you have been entered into the pool. Does this mean my profile will be in next week's draw regardless if the status of Job Bank is showing pending? Please help.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
sammy89 said:
Question: I have created an Express Entry profile and also after receiving the job seeker code, created a Job Bank profile as well. Job bank profile status is showing Active. However, on CIC My account - Job Bank is showing Pending. Does anyone know why this is so and how long it takes for status to be updated?

Also right after activating my Job Bank profile, I got a message (PDF) on My CIC Account saying Welcome to Express Entry and you have been entered into the pool. Does this mean my profile will be in next week's draw regardless if the status of Job Bank is showing pending? Please help.
Have you linked your job bank to your EE profile. Go to dashboard and enter your EE profile number and job seeker code so that it gets to your EE profile. You will receive email after 24 hours that your EE profile is accepted in pool.

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
hi.. i am eligible under nova scotia in-demand occupation list, now atlantic immigration is open for nova scotia which needs job requirement (i dont have any job offer from nova scotia). So i want to ask if i have to apply through atlantic immigration program or there is any other route/way for nova scotia pnp?

and what is the total processing time for the same for india?

thanks in advance

regards

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
What counts is what you have in your profile at ITA. Until you get ITA you can put what ever you'd like in there... But after you get ITA then you'll need to prove everything you're claiming points for.

Having said that my advice is always to keep your profile as correct and truthful as possible, you never know if they do analytics on the way people change their profile to spot patterns... If they do then you work experience will certainly raise a red flag!

And don't be fooled by thinking that a simple letter from you HR manager saying you started several months before you actual start date will work. What happens when they ask for pay slips, bank statements and tax forms to prove that you've been employed for a whole year? As soon as you don't produce them you'll be disqualified, if you falsify them you'll risk getting banned for 5 years due to misrepresentation.

Remember, they have years of experience in catching out people that try to misrepresent themselves, they are quite clever and good at it... They may not catch everyone, but sod's law states that YOU'LL be caught so think long and hard before trying something doggy!
Hi g126

I think you are absolutely rite. + 1 to that! Luck has not been on my side ever since i initiated the process to immigrate to Canada. Now that i am getting closer and closer, it is not worth the risk. As i am only 3 months away from completing 1 year of work experience, i guess withdrawing my EE profile for now would be good idea. It is not like with 388 CRS i will be missing ITA immediately. I still need to appear for IELTS test on 4th March and hoping for at least 439 CRS with CBL 9. I guess in 3 months time i will be in a lot better position than to worry now what will happen because of this or that! Hence i want to thank you very much for your advises. I will go without ECA for my second masters as well. Business Management is the same as Business Administration.

I would like to ask few questions in relation to work experience if you don't mind. Current my HR credits my salary, paid monthly, directly into my bank account after the deducting tax and PF. I haven't been offered contract or appointment letter. In the name of salary detail i get email from the admin head in MS Excel with the break-down that's it. Any benefits, they pay by cheque and i lodge it into the same bank account. Pay stubs is not a norm here, hence i will not be able to get it. I know reference letter with details and duties & responsibilities along with appointment letter is a must. I could be able to bring the bank statement for salary and proof of tax payment. What are the work related documents that are mandatory and what may be considered as supporting documents?

Lastly, i am planning to quit this job after 1 year and look for a job in other big companies as my pay is painfully low for my qualification. So if i find a job in the same NOC, mine is 1121 and work for two different companies, can i claim points for the entire duration of work rather than entire duration of working in the same company? I am bit confused with the continuous work thing. Could you please clear my confusion? Once again, thank you very much for your effort and advises. Have a great day :)

Regards
KK

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
confusion about photo requirements:In the generated checklist the digital photo requirement is 35mm x 45mm (Standard passport size).
420pixels x 540pixels. However, I was just checking the general information they have on the documents needed after ITA.
It says 50mm x 70mm. Anyone can clarify?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Monzur said:
confusion about photo requirements:In the generated checklist the digital photo requirement is 35mm x 45mm (Standard passport size).
420pixels x 540pixels. However, I was just checking the general information they have on the documents needed after ITA.
It says 50mm x 70mm. Anyone can clarify?
Already answered.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thank-you-asivad-anac-t309073.0.html;msg5748572#msg5748572

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
g126 said:
What counts is what you have in your profile at ITA. Until you get ITA you can put what ever you'd like in there... But after you get ITA then you'll need to prove everything you're claiming points for.

Having said that my advice is always to keep your profile as correct and truthful as possible, you never know if they do analytics on the way people change their profile to spot patterns... If they do then you work experience will certainly raise a red flag!

And don't be fooled by thinking that a simple letter from you HR manager saying you started several months before you actual start date will work. What happens when they ask for pay slips, bank statements and tax forms to prove that you've been employed for a whole year? As soon as you don't produce them you'll be disqualified, if you falsify them you'll risk getting banned for 5 years due to misrepresentation.

Remember, they have years of experience in catching out people that try to misrepresent themselves, they are quite clever and good at it... They may not catch everyone, but sod's law states that YOU'LL be caught so think long and hard before trying something doggy!
Great advice. +1

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
KingKurly said:
Hi g126

I think you are absolutely rite. + 1 to that! Luck has not been on my side ever since i initiated the process to immigrate to Canada. Now that i am getting closer and closer, it is not worth the risk. As i am only 3 months away from completing 1 year of work experience, i guess withdrawing my EE profile for now would be good idea. It is not like with 388 CRS i will be missing ITA immediately. I still need to appear for IELTS test on 4th March and hoping for at least 439 CRS with CBL 9. I guess in 3 months time i will be in a lot better position than to worry now what will happen because of this or that! Hence i want to thank you very much for your advises. I will go without ECA for my second masters as well. Business Management is the same as Business Administration.

I would like to ask few questions in relation to work experience if you don't mind. Current my HR credits my salary, paid monthly, directly into my bank account after the deducting tax and PF. I haven't been offered contract or appointment letter. In the name of salary detail i get email from the admin head in MS Excel with the break-down that's it. Any benefits, they pay by cheque and i lodge it into the same bank account. Pay stubs is not a norm here, hence i will not be able to get it. I know reference letter with details and duties & responsibilities along with appointment letter is a must. I could be able to bring the bank statement for salary and proof of tax payment. What are the work related documents that are mandatory and what may be considered as supporting documents?

Lastly, i am planning to quit this job after 1 year and look for a job in other big companies as my pay is painfully low for my qualification. So if i find a job in the same NOC, mine is 1121 and work for two different companies, can i claim points for the entire duration of work rather than entire duration of working in the same company? I am bit confused with the continuous work thing. Could you please clear my confusion? Once again, thank you very much for your effort and advises. Have a great day :)

Regards
KK
There you go! Better to be safe than sorry!

So for supporting documents those excels you get from admin will work as a payslip, you'll need to explain in a LoE that you don't get payslips in you country just the excel breakdown, but they'll work!

As far as quitting after one year, that's your right (to get a better paid job) but be very careful here. FSW requires at least 12 months of continuos work on the same job. So ONLY quit after you can prove you've worked for more that 365 days continuously (and if you have taken vacation time then better to work for 365 days + vacation time + a few days just to guarantee).

If you work on the same NOC you can claim points for the whole duration, but like I said above you MUST stay for at least 12 months with ONE employer.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Guys what is this whole RPRF thing? I got ITA and I haven't gotten much far in to my application as I am still gathering the documents.

I just filled the personal details for the accompanying dependents and haven't proceeded any further. While I did that, I was asked a question if I am willing to pay RPRF along with my application as it could help speed up the application and would be returned in case my application gets rejected for some reason. For that I marked yes.. But I see people getting RPRF request off late. Does that mean that they didn't pay the fee while submitting the application?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
Guys what is this whole RPRF thing? I got ITA and I haven't gotten much far in to my application as I am still gathering the documents.

I just filled the personal details for the accompanying dependents and haven't proceeded any further. While I did that, I was asked a question if I am willing to pay RPRF along with my application as it could help speed up the application and would be returned in case my application gets rejected for some reason. For that I marked yes.. But I see people getting RPRF request off late. Does that mean that they didn't pay the fee while submitting the application?
Correct.

dholhin1

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-05-2017
Hi there,
I need some suggestions!
When we create express entry profile it asks "Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada?" that means we've right to include or not to include spouse in it correct?
I'm legally married and my wife lives in India. She has spouse dependent open work permit but she never came to Canada. Now I'm planning to apply for PR but I don't want to include her as secondary applicant because she never wanna come here. How safe it is to apply without spouse? I asked some immigrant consultants and advised me to be more careful while doing so. Do you think CIC may suspect something else or is it good to go without worrying?
And to be honest I do not wanna misrepresent my application to CIC.

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dholhin1 said:
Hi there,
I need some suggestions!
When we create express entry profile it asks "Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada?" that means we've right to include or not to include spouse in it correct?
I'm legally married and my wife lives in India. She has spouse dependent open work permit but she never came to Canada. Now I'm planning to apply for PR but I don't want to include her as secondary applicant because she never wanna come here. How safe it is to apply without spouse? I asked some immigrant consultants and advised me to be more careful while doing so. Do you think CIC may suspect something else or is it good to go without worrying?
And to be honest I do not wanna misrepresent my application to CIC.

Thanks
It's fine, you can add her as "non-accompanying spouse" but be aware that she still has to do the medicals and PCC.