+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

dhruvmehtani

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
What I mean is if you said you had 12,200 CAD (for instance) as the total settlement funds and you *actually* had an equivalent of 12,200 CAD in your local currency at the time of submission of application, you are fine. This is my understanding.
oh ok. I had shown more than that

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
fyijj02@gmail.com said:
What is the fee to apply for EOI?
If by EOI you are referring to Express Entry profile (MyCIC Account), then there is no fee to create and submit one. You can refer to the following links for more details.

Creating an Express Entry profile and requirements for entering the pool - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pool.asp
Determine your eligibility - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp

Mar 26, 2016
Hello,

I have created my profile in express entry. I have completed my BBA & MBA but WES is not considering my MBA degree so I have created profile on basis of BBA. I have 09 years of experience in Financial Services (Hedge fund accounting, Reconciliation for North America region) in India and now wanted to move Canada. In express entry my score is 327 which is far less than current pool score around 460. My question is how I can go for job search. I am seeing many jobs available in job bank but they never contact me as I am not in Canada and I am not authorize to work in Canada as of now. I have cleared IELTS, ECA is also done. Have not applied for any province nomination program. So confusion here is profile will not move forward without job offer and I will not get job without authorization to work there. What to do now? It is next to impossible at this point of time. What is the use and meaning of arranged employment? Appreciate if you can guide me.

Thank you.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
expressentryapplicant said:
Hello,

I have created my profile in express entry. I have completed my BBA & MBA but WES is not considering my MBA degree so I have created profile on basis of BBA. I have 09 years of experience in Financial Services (Hedge fund accounting, Reconciliation for North America region) in India and now wanted to move Canada. In express entry my score is 327 which is far less than current pool score around 460. My question is how I can go for job search. I am seeing many jobs available in job bank but they never contact me as I am not in Canada and I am not authorize to work in Canada as of now. I have cleared IELTS, ECA is also done. Have not applied for any province nomination program. So confusion here is profile will not move forward without job offer and I will not get job without authorization to work there. What to do now? It is next to impossible at this point of time. What is the use and meaning of arranged employment? Appreciate if you can guide me.

Thank you.
With regard to the question of getting a job offer, as far as I know and heard is that companies generally do not entertain interviews for overseas candidates as they are not sure about when you would be landing in Canada. So the closest you can get to get an interview call is once you have landed in Canada. You can be only sure of getting a job offer only if your skills and experience is niche and Canadian employers are not able to meet their requirement locally. So, I would suggest you target PNP, check this link to know more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp. If you get 400+, you stand a chance to get PT NOI from Ontario and for other PNPs check the link.

IELTS plays a very important role in your CRS score, therefore I would suggest you to target CLB 9 (LRWS - 8777). You can try these values in the calculators here and see for yourself how much of a difference IELTS makes to your CRS score.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

sjpandya

Dec 6, 2014
Hello Seniors,

I had received message from CIC i am ineligible due to expired IELTS test results and currently cleared the IELTS exam. Please respond to below queries

1. Shall i use existing profile or create new profile ? In both cases i need to provide reference to my previous express entry number so wanted to understand as to how creating new profile will help.

2. Will I get additional points if i complete ECA for my spouse ? Can i complete the submission of my profile now and latter on update ECA for my spouse once I receive it ?

Appreciate an early response to my query

ANJALI VINEETH

Dec 17, 2014
Hello,

Thank you.

Please specify your ielts score then we will be able to suggest something. I had previous score 380. but when i improved ielts i got 453. applied ITA too...

ANJALI VINEETH

Dec 17, 2014
sjpandya said:
Hello Seniors,

I had received message from CIC i am ineligible due to expired IELTS test results and currently cleared the IELTS exam. Please respond to below queries

1. Shall i use existing profile or create new profile ? In both cases i need to provide reference to my previous express entry number so wanted to understand as to how creating new profile will help.

2. Will I get additional points if i complete ECA for my spouse ? Can i complete the submission of my profile now and latter on update ECA for my spouse once I receive it ?

Qn 1. I am not sure about it.
Qn 2. You will get additional points if u do ECA of spouse. you can update your spouse eca once you receive it. if u tell your current points we will be able to tell in which way you can improve your crs score.

Mar 26, 2016
Hello ANJALI,

My ielts score is 6.5 overall. By that it's showing me eligible but now i believe not sufficient. Planing to ask wife also to give ielts. Her education degree I have not send to Wes. If I want to do that then should I give my Wes reference ID only to while sending her documents? Will they be charging extra for that?

Thank you.

Smela

Mar 17, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am on my PGWP and my CRS are 426 with NOC 6311
I have been waiting to ontario pnp since long but haven't received it. Updated my profile a week and a half back, but sadly no help Sad
Can someone please help me? Is it something to do with my NoC? As anyone received ONIP with this noc?

Your replies will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Mela

sjpandya

Dec 6, 2014
Hi Anjali,

Please note my IELTS score as per below

Speaking - 7
Reading, Writing & Listening - 6

Overall Band - 6.5

Awaiting your early response

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sjpandya said:
Hello Seniors,

Replied on the other thread where you posted the same question.

ANJALI VINEETH

Dec 17, 2014
Hello ANJALI,

My ielts score is 6.5 overall. By that it's showing me eligible but now i believe not sufficient. Planing to ask wife also to give ielts. Her education degree I have not send to Wes. If I want to do that then should I give my Wes reference ID only to while sending her documents? Will they be charging extra for that?

Thank you.
Even I wasted my 1 1/2yr by thinking that 6.5 overall is fine. but recently I improved my ielts got L-8 and R-8.5,W-7.5,S-7.5. I had a hike in score from 380 to 453. Improve IELTS at the earliest.It has got a huge value. WES I am not sure, as I didnt do my husband's credentialing. If ur spouse write IELTS you will get maximum 20 points extra if scores are like this or above (L-8,R-7,W-7,S-7). If she has got a bachelor degree and if u do credentialing you will get 8-10 points.
My suggestions are
1. Improve your ielts score
2. If spouse is accompanying she need to write IELTS.
3. Get her credentialing done all these increase the CRS points.

good luck.Don't waste time.

ANJALI VINEETH

Dec 17, 2014
sjpandya said:
Hi Anjali,

Please note my IELTS score as per below

Speaking - 7
Reading, Writing & Listening - 6

Overall Band - 6.5

Awaiting your early response

Thanks

as per this u will get a score of only 77. but if u improve ielts ur score can even got to 116 -128

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Guys,

I am waiting for AOR its been a month now , Do the embassy do any verification's before they give AOR or would they start verifying our bank statements / employee details after they give AOR . Because i have a sudden dent in the amount i have projected and i need 15-25 days to fill the dent .would it be ok or should i immediately deposit money in the bank.