+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

AARJUN

Jan 20, 2016
Hello All,

I started my job in November 2013. When I submitted my Express Entry Profile in March 2015 I got 53 Points which is equal to 2-year experience as now we are in 2016 so my profile should be updated with 3-year experience points which equal 64 points ...Does that mean I have to put an end date under work experience even though I am currently working with the same company and will continue after November 2016 as well..can someone assist me on this

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Guys,

I am waiting for AOR its been a month now , Do the embassy do any verification's before they give AOR or would they start verifying our bank statements / employee details after they give AOR . Because i have a sudden dent in the amount i have projected and i need 15 days to fill the dent .would it be ok or should i immediately deposit money in the bank.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
newboy06 said:
Good day house, I have a question about medicals. Can someone with hepatitis b apply for express entry? Has anyone with hepatitis b been granted express entry visa? Thanks for your response
In medicals, they check for 2 things -

1. Diseases that are contagious like tuberculosis etc
2. Diseases/Health problems that can cause a heavy burden on the Canadian Healthcare system like Cancer etc. They have a set limit of expense per year (i believe it is somewhere north of 6000 CAD/ year). If you have a disease and its treatment costs < = the maximum cutoff set by the government, you are good to go.

Check with your general physician. All past illnesses must also be declared.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AARJUN said:
Hello All,

I started my job in November 2013. When I submitted my Express Entry Profile in March 2015 I got 53 Points which is equal to 2-year experience as now we are in 2016 so my profile should be updated with 3-year experience points which equal 64 points ...Does that mean I have to put an end date under work experience even though I am currently working with the same company and will continue after November 2016 as well..can someone assist me on this
You will complete 3 years only in November 2016. You cannot claim points for 3 years work experience until that.

"Does that mean I have to put an end date under work experience even though I am currently working with the same company..." - Can you please explain the logic behind this?

dhruvmehtani

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Stanlee said:
I sent them an email with the payment receipt of the ECA report and a copy of the report to which they replied after 17 days saying the following (their standard reply).

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email, which has been noted.

You will be contacted should further information/documentation be required.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme Ontarien des Candidats à l’Immigration
Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade | Ministère des Affaires civiques, de l’Immigration et du Commerce international
Government of Ontario | Gouvernement de l’Ontario
Ground Floor | Rez-de-chaussée
400 University Ave. | 400, avenue University
Toronto ON | M7A 2R9
Tel | Tél : (416) 327-0374
Fax | Télécopieur : (416) 327-0860
I sent OINP an email and got this reply. It can be concluded from this email that they are taking upto 90 calendar days from the date of receipt of application but they still seem to be missing their deadlines.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

OINP processes applications on first-come-first-served basis and aims to finalize:

Complete* employer application packages within 64 business days or 90 calendar days
Complete* nominee application packages within 64 business days or 90 calendar days
Complete* reconsideration requests within 85 business days or 120 calendar days

* An application is not deemed complete until all missing or required supplementary information is received by Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). This date can be the date of application receipt, or the day when the last piece of information required from the client arrives to OINP. The processing clock will begin at this point. The processing clock stops when the final decision is made by the program.

OINP aims to meet our service standards in at least 80% of all applications.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
dhruvmehtani said:
I sent OINP an email and got this reply. It can be concluded from this email that they are taking upto 90 calendar days from the date of receipt of application but they still seem to be missing their deadlines.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

OINP processes applications on first-come-first-served basis and aims to finalize:

Complete* employer application packages within 64 business days or 90 calendar days
Complete* nominee application packages within 64 business days or 90 calendar days
Complete* reconsideration requests within 85 business days or 120 calendar days

* An application is not deemed complete until all missing or required supplementary information is received by Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). This date can be the date of application receipt, or the day when the last piece of information required from the client arrives to OINP. The processing clock will begin at this point. The processing clock stops when the final decision is made by the program.

OINP aims to meet our service standards in at least 80% of all applications.
The statement 'This date can be the date of application receipt, or the day when the last piece of information required from the client arrives to OINP....' These days the additional document request (ECA duplicate report request) falls under this category of 'piece of information required from the client'. Effectively, even though you get the AOR, the application is actually deemed complete only after the receipt of duplicate ECA copy and 90 days processing time would start from this day rather than the date of application of receipt of the package by OINP.

dhruvmehtani

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Stanlee said:
The statement 'This date can be the date of application receipt, or the day when the last piece of information required from the client arrives to OINP....' These days the additional document request (ECA duplicate report request) falls under this category of 'piece of information required from the client'. Effectively, even though you get the AOR, the application is actually deemed complete only after the receipt of duplicate ECA copy and 90 days processing time would start from this day rather than the date of application of receipt of the package by OINP.
Oh. good thing I ave already sent a duplicate ECA to them and enclosed receipt of the same with the copy of ECA in the application. So, it may save time.

Have you or anyone tried calling them for AOR/Application status??

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
dhruvmehtani said:
Oh. good thing I ave already sent a duplicate ECA to them and enclosed receipt of the same with the copy of ECA in the application. So, it may save time.

Yes, it may save some time in your case.

Yes people have written to OINP, some got standard reply while some are still awaiting a response.

medo225

Feb 2, 2016
Dears I have submitted My Application 23rd of Jan 2016 , when I submitted my ITA POF was more than the required last week my country devaluated the currency by 18% will they take the currency rate at the date of submission or do i need to submit new Bank statement.

ANJALI VINEETH

Dec 17, 2014
Hi all I got ITA during February draw. I am supposed to complete submission of details by April 24th 2016. As I am pregnant during medical X ray was deferred. Is there any problem in applying for PR. Whether after delivery I can complete x ray and continue with processing by July 2016 after delivery or do i need to wait to get another ITA. My spouse's IELTS scores will expire by october 2016. validity of IELTS scores should be there till we land in Canada or till we apply. Pls help me by answering.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ANJALI VINEETH said:
Hi all I got ITA during February draw. I am supposed to complete submission of details by April 24th 2016. As I am pregnant during medical X ray was deferred. Is there any problem in applying for PR. Whether after delivery I can complete x ray and continue with processing by July 2016 after delivery or do i need to wait to get another ITA. My spouse's IELTS scores will expire by october 2016. validity of IELTS scores should be there till we land in Canada or till we apply. Pls help me by answering.
There is no problem. You can complete the rest of the medical test and submit your application now with a LOE that you are pregnant and you will be submitting your chest Xray after you deliver the baby.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dhruvmehtani said:

I believe they take into consideration the amount of funds you mentioned at the time of application submission.

ANJALI VINEETH

Dec 17, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
There is no problem. You can complete the rest of the medical test and submit your application now with a LOE that you are pregnant and you will be submitting your chest Xray after you deliver the baby.
thank you for your response.

dhruvmehtani

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
I believe they take into consideration the amount of funds you mentioned at the time of application submission.
Hi Raj,

I have shared bank statement with them of two different accounts.

What do you exactly mean here?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dhruvmehtani said:
Hi Raj,

I have shared bank statement with them of two different accounts.

What do you exactly mean here?
What I mean is if you said you had 12,200 CAD (for instance) as the total settlement funds and you *actually* had an equivalent of 12,200 CAD in your local currency at the time of submission of application, you are fine. This is my understanding.