+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

vidhu88

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi

My friend wants to apply for a Canadian tourist visa. She had previously applied twice for Canadian PR (both in 2017) through express entry but her application was denied - an important thing to note is that these denials were before the ITA stage. On both occasions, she had received a rejection on her application the very next day of submitting her application through a system message. Not sure what could be the reason and she is unable to recall the reason as well as she had not submitted any documents for review at that stage of the process.

Now, when she is going to apply for a tourist visa - I have the following two queries:

1) Should she mention the application number of the two applications on which she received rejections? Do they even count as rejections at that stage of the visa process (i.e. pre-ITA Stage)?
2) Will these rejections have an impact on her chances of getting her Canadian Tourist visa? How can she improve her chances? She has successfully traveled to Australia and Europe for work since these two rejections, should she try and get the US tourist visa before applying for the Canadian one?

Kindly help!

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

My friend wants to apply for a Canadian tourist visa. She had previously applied twice for Canadian PR (both in 2017) through express entry but her application was denied - an important thing to note is that these denials were before the ITA stage. On both occasions, she had received a rejection on her application the very next day of submitting her application through a system message. Not sure what could be the reason and she is unable to recall the reason as well as she had not submitted any documents for review at that stage of the process.

Now, when she is going to apply for a tourist visa - I have the following two queries:

1) Should she mention the application number of the two applications on which she received rejections? Do they even count as rejections at that stage of the visa process (i.e. pre-ITA Stage)?
2) Will these rejections have an impact on her chances of getting her Canadian Tourist visa? How can she improve her chances? She has successfully traveled to Australia and Europe for work since these two rejections, should she try and get the US tourist visa before applying for the Canadian one?

Kindly help!

Thanks
1) These aren't refusals. She didn't meet the basic requirements of the EE program and her profile was rejected. There is no need to mention tis in the application.
2) See above. No impact.

krishvivi

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
Hi there, my friend wants to apply PR under express entry category, its been while I applied PR (15yrs ago) so im not familiar with these new system, can someone enlighten me about this new EE system /process ? Thank you in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there, my friend wants to apply PR under express entry category, its been while I applied PR (15yrs ago) so im not familiar with these new system, can someone enlighten me about this new EE system /process ? Thank you in advance
Best for them to research and determine if they are eligible to enter the pool based on education (ECAs), language, work experience and age.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Prabhdeep01

Mar 30, 2022
Hi
I have received my ITA In June 2021 and then uploaded all my required documents on 31-August-2021. I already done with my biometrics . Its been 7 months completed on 31 march.
Contacted ircc being told that application is under process and still doing background check.

Mashathebear

Mar 11, 2022
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2022
What happens if I decline my NOI from a province after accepting ITA in Canada Express Entry? Will I lose the ITA ? or will I be able to choose to go with federal program rather than province ?

Mashathebear

Mar 11, 2022
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2022
If you are asking if your CRS depends on the score that is picked by CIC in every draw, then no.

You are assigned a score based on your profile. CIC conducts roughly 2 draws per month and invites approximately 3000 people a month. They decide the cutoff score. If your CRS >= the lowest cutoff chosen by CIC, you will receive an ITA.

Last edited:

skrba

Oct 3, 2018
Hello Friends,

I am seeing while filling the Physical Presence Calculator form online its calculating date incorrectly how can fix it please any help will be highly appreciated. If there is a WhatsApp group please can you dm me.

skrba

Oct 3, 2018
Hello Friends,

I am seeing while filling the Physical Presence Calculator form online its calculating date incorrectly how can fix it please any help will be highly appreciated. If there is a WhatsApp group please can you dm me.
Question 2: Please only list the periods of time you had authorized temporary resident or protected person status in Canada and the type of status you had between 2017-08-03 and 2019-12-06 and select Add Entry. Select Calculate when you have finished listing all periods of temporary residence.

Doubt:
Here do I have to fill the time when I got my first Canada Work Visa? or Do I have to mention the time I landed in Canada? The doubt is I got the Canada Visa before I landed in Canada which is January 2017, but here the question they are asking is to fill the time between 2017-08-03 and 2019-12-06

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
What happens if I decline my NOI from a province after accepting ITA in Canada Express Entry? Will I lose the ITA ? or will I be able to choose to go with federal program rather than province ?
Hello,
Nothing would happen! You just wouldn't get the 600 additional points from the province and you would just continue with your Express entry profile as usual. What's your reasoning to decline the NOI? There are currently no FSW or CEC draws at the moment, so it might be a good idea to go with the provincial nomination.

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
Hello Friends,

Hello,

Are you able to take a screenshot of the error? It might be easier to pinpoint the error with the image.
No, you just need to fill in the time you had TR status between the dates they requested.

redlar

Aug 24, 2016
RABAT
Category........
Visa Office......
RABAT
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,
First of all, I would like to thank you all for your commitments and help.

I have noticed that the entry express process takes now almost 27 months. If we receive a valid job offer and we add it to our entry express profile, does it take another route under Express entry (does it go quicker or its the same process?)

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear all,

I have noticed that the entry express process takes now almost 27 months. If we receive a valid job offer and we add it to our entry express profile, does it take another route under Express entry (does it go quicker or its the same process?)

Do you have a LMIA? PNP nomination?

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
Dear all,

Hi,

If you do receive a valid job offer, then you'd be accessed under the provincial nomination program. IRCC has so much backlogs and working hard(so they say) to get through. The processing times are going to vary.

Reactions: 2cookies