+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

asadalirahim

Sep 3, 2019
Hello,

After landing into Canada for the first time using a CoPR, can I apply for PR card and return to home country by giving a mailing address of a friend? Can the friend receive the PR card on my behalf and then courier to me or hand it over to me?

What else is the option? Can we return to home country and apply for a PRTD when we want to travel again?

13Maple

Jul 3, 2020
If I am denied for Canada non-immigrant tourist visa, can it have any impact in the future for Express Entry application?

Utkarsh1411

Jan 31, 2022
Hi I've got a question. I and my wife applied through Express entry in may 21. We have a cumulative of 484 points and since we have applied there has been absolutely no movement at all.
I even read about Ontario issuing notification of interest for people between points 463-467 from the EE pool for specific professions and the primary applicant is of one of those professions.
So my questions are :
1) As I can see from my research draws have not happened since more than a year for the FSW entries, how long should we wait for it?
2) Should we alter our profile so that our points fall in the 463-467 category to be eligible for future NOIs being issued by Ontario?
Really confused at this point and tired from the long wait. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

sameer26

May 15, 2021
Hello,
I am just curious to know will there be Express Entry draws for Provincial Nominee Program in February. As I am watching a lot of videos which are saying that there won't be any draws until July.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I am just curious to know will there be Express Entry draws for Provincial Nominee Program in February. As I am watching a lot of videos which are saying that there won't be any draws until July.
There have been PNP draws every month (10 over the past months). PNP draws are the only draws right now.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html

Lakhbir@123

Jan 31, 2022
Hi. Need your help.
my ITA was done in March 2020. My medical was expired. 6 months back I did it again but it’s not updated in-my profile. These days how much time it takes to update.

Lakhbir@123

Jan 31, 2022
Hi. Need your help.
my ITA was done in March 2020. My medical was expired. 6 months back I did it again but it’s not updated in-my profile. These days how much time it takes to update

SavaM

Mar 31, 2021
Hi. Need your help.
my ITA was done in March 2020. My medical was expired. 6 months back I did it again but it’s not updated in-my profile. These days how much time it takes to update
Should not take that long. Mine took 2 weeks to update in December 2021. Call them and ask.

SavaM

Mar 31, 2021
Hi I've got a question. I and my wife applied through Express entry in may 21. We have a cumulative of 484 points and since we have applied there has been absolutely no movement at all.
I even read about Ontario issuing notification of interest for people between points 463-467 from the EE pool for specific professions and the primary applicant is of one of those professions.
So my questions are :
1) As I can see from my research draws have not happened since more than a year for the FSW entries, how long should we wait for it?
2) Should we alter our profile so that our points fall in the 463-467 category to be eligible for future NOIs being issued by Ontario?
Really confused at this point and tired from the long wait. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
1. Not sure. But recent memo revealed they have to decrease the current inventory to half before inviting more candidates. It will most probably happen during the second half of the year.
2. It won't help. They are not looking for that score range. It means the ones they picked (based on the factors they were looking for) fell in that range.

smirakkaya

Dec 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
19-11-2021
LANDED..........
08-06-2022
So my questions are :
1) FSW could proceed perhaps after June 2022 but no one knows really; they have so much backlog.
2) You should explore these links first, I think; https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-oinp, https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest, https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream. I am also nominated under
Human Capital Priorities stream for my experience in banking. There is a score range, you are right but the first step is your NOC code. You must declare your experince in the right NOC code, so that your work reference letters can match the details of that NOC code.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi Friends,

I want to sponsor for my father's visitor visa. But the name of him in my passport and birth certificate is "Sadman Alam" but in his passport it is "MD. Sadman Alam"

In this scenario, what shall I do ? Is affidavit enough or will it be a major hurdle for him to get the visitor visa now ? Pls help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Friends,

I want to sponsor for my father's visitor visa. But the name of him in my passport and birth certificate is "Sadman Alam" but in his passport it is "MD. Sadman Alam"

In this scenario, what shall I do ? Is affidavit enough or will it be a major hurdle for him to get the visitor visa now ? Pls help
This is a thread on Express Entry. Post under Visitors section.

Keg2022

Mar 12, 2022
Hello,
I hope you'll are doing great.

If anyone has any info regarding the following kindly help:-

1) If we make changes to our Noc Code in the express entry profile before the ITA, is there a log or record kept? Also, is it bad for the profile or reduce your chances in any way?

2) Now that the profile has expired after 1 year due to no Invitation, and we create a new profile and change the NOC , is there any way a record is kept or the profile info is matched or linked to the previous profile?

Thanks