+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Njock

Oct 22, 2018
I have Masters in Business Administration specialize in marketing from University of Wales UK. Have 4 years work experienceas market researcher in Cameroon and 7 score ielts in all. What can possibly be my stance?

Vicky_ravi

Mar 13, 2018
hi guys,
i received a cal from ircc to update the police clearance and finger print. I uploaded the document which is 6mnths old. Both RCMP and indian clearance. Is it possible to upload the new document??or should i contact ircc about this issue

Oct 24, 2018
Good day everyone, please can anyone help me with the right NOC for the job duties below. Thank you

1) Promptly answered customer queries on phone and took customers complaints and satisfied them.
2) Provided up to date, accurate and appropriate information to customers
3) Updated CRM systems for each interaction for building relationship with clients and provided a link for the next interaction
4) Updated subscriber information as required
5)Logged service requests for action
6) Gather data and prepare periodic reports
7)Upsold company products and services
8)Provided customer feedback to management for improvement
9)Forwarded unresolved activities or service request to appropriate department and following through for resolution
10)Confirm and checked customer satisfaction after resolution via email or phones calls

Sep 30, 2018
Dear Mr. Raj,

Iam awaiting my ITA and thought of processing for the other required documents. Few things that i'm struck with are Birth certificate, PCC, NOC 0124.
1) I dont have my birth certificate and it will take 2-3months to get it. Is birth certificate mandatory?
2) For PCC permanent address is required. I stay at a rented appartment and doesnt own a permanent residence.
3) Does this Job description justifies the NOC code 0124 - I have total 7years of experience as head of Marketing / Marketing Manager.
• Planning of a marketing calendar & lead generation activities.
• Planning of all lead generation activities and further close follow up with HOD CRM for enquiry registration in the CRM system.
• Optimum use of the available resource to be made.
• Planning to focus upon the minutest details of the market – product – competitor activities.
• Management and updation of dealership website and effective use of website for information to customers and enquiry capturing through digital marketing.
• Maintenance of the records of the activities carried out for future reference.
• Creating and updating organisation charts and job descriptions for marketing.
• Manage vendors/marketing agencies and contractual/commercial Agreements.
• Planning staffing requirements for marketing, Hiring and firing marketing employees
• Acting as a role model and ensuring brand-compatible employee behaviours per the brand guidelines.
• Controlling marketing activities in accordance with corporate objectives.

PGWP1

Aug 31, 2017
Hi guys,

i just submitted my EE application and my CRS score is 445, based on previous draws it looks like i should get ITA in the next draw but should i apply for PNP on the side as well ? if yes anyone knows about the processing time of PNP ? what happens if get an ITA but my PNP has not been processed by that time yet ? is there any point on waiting for PNP nomination if you get an ITA without it ? does a higher CRS score help with PR processing time post ITA ? do candidates with better CRS score get priority post ITA ? and my next question is regarding my passport, my passport expires in July 2019 and i'm planning to renew it this month, if i get a new passport and receive my ITA based on my EE application with old passport what will happen ?

appreciate your response and feedback

fateh88

Sep 2, 2013
<<< This post is straight from my blog. I thought it would be better to have a copy on the forum too>>>

I wanted to write this post for people who are planning to apply for Permanent Residence in Canada through the Express Entry system. This post would serve as a guide and explain what the process is like, what to expect and what NOT to do when you apply.

I shall update this post from time to time to keep up with the updates that CIC would be throwing at us! I will do my best to keep this post up to date and to keep all the information in this post valid and correct. This post is intended for anyone who wants to get a glimpse of how the process works.

This is basically a 2 step process. You first submit an online Express Entry profile and you receive an ITA and after that you apply for permanent residence.

So, let’s get started. I shall explain the process in 3 parts: Pre-Application, Pre-ITA and Post-ITA. (Don’t worry, you’ll soon find out what an ITA is).

I’ll give you guys a brief description of the 3 parts I have mentioned above.

Pre-application phase – A phase where you have NOT created an online Express Entry (hereafter referred to as EE) profile. You do not have a profile number.

Pre-ITA phase – A phase where you have created an online profile and you are waiting to get your Invitation to Apply (hereafter referred to as ITA).

Post-ITA phase – A phase where you have received an ITA and you are all set to submit your Permanent Resident (hereafter referred to as PR) application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (hereafter referred to as CIC).

PRE-APPLICATION PHASE

You will go through the following in the pre-application phase:

Deciding to come to Canada

Take a piece of paper and write down why you want to come to Canada. Outline your settlement plan; try to research how you would support yourself and the job prospects in Canada. Please do not paint a rosy picture, don’t think Canada will be a land of milk and honey right after you land here. You have to build a life for yourself so DO NOT plan to relax as soon as you get here.

If you are determined to work smart and put in sincere efforts once you get here, you will be a successful immigrant in your new home – Canada.

Checking if you are eligible

To apply to Express Entry, you must satisfy certain criteria. We shall discuss this below.

You should be eligible under one of the Economic Immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker Program [ hereafter referred to as FSW/FSWP], Federal Skilled Trades [hereafter referred to as FST] or Canadian Experience Class [hereafter referred to as CEC].

FSWP

FST

CEC

From this point on, I will limit the information to FSW program alone.

For FSWP, you need to score at least 67 points out of 100 to be eligible. You can manually calculate your points based on the criteria outlined in the CIC webpage (on the link that is provided).

So, are you eligible? Do you score at least 67/100 points? If no, I’m very sorry, you are not eligible to apply under the FSWP. If yes, keep your fingers crossed, you have another set of criteria to satisfy to be eligible for Express Entry.

You must use the Come to Canada tool to check if you are eligible under Express Entry.

Provide answers to the questions and the tool will tell you if you are eligible or not. The basic eligibility criteria are as follows :

A) You need to have your language test results ready (English or French – I shall write a separate post about this later).
B) You need to have an ECA report for your academic degrees/diplomas if they were not obtained from Canada. You can learn about the ECA process at here
C) You need to have at least one year continuous, full-time (at least 30 hours per week/1560 hours per year) or equivalent part-time experience in an occupation that is categorized under NOC 0, A or B in the past 10 years.
D) You need to have unfettered access to sufficient funds (that are unencumbered) depending on your family size (for the case in point here, “dependents” include your spouse and your dependent children). This money may not be borrowed from another person. You can check how much funds you need (here)

So, what does the tool say? Are you eligible? No? I’m sorry, you can check if you are eligible under any other immigration program. If yes, congratulations, you have cleared one hurdle on your path to attaining your Permanent Residence. You will receive a code that is called the “Personal Reference Code”. You need this to create your online EE profile.

Creating your online Express Entry profile:

Congratulations! You are eligible and all set to create your online Express Entry profile. To proceed you will need a couple of things:

A) As mentioned before, you would need the Personal Reference code.

B) You need to create a myCIC account, if you do not have one already.

C) You will need your language test’s Test Report Form (hereafter referred to as TRF) number AND your ECA report number to create and submit a complete profile.

D) You need to register with Canada’s “Job Bank” for CIC to deem your application as complete. The only people who are exempted from this requirement are the ones who have a job offer endorsed with a positive Labor Market Impact Assessment (hereafter referred to as LMIA) or people who are already working in Canada.

Please note that you need a login credential to create a myCIC account; you can login through a sign-in partner or by creating a GC key. I will discuss, in pristine detail, the end to end process involved in creating an EE profile (with screenshots) in a separate post since the scope of this post is only to provide some basic insight on how the EE system works.

You will have created your profile by now. Now you have to sit down patiently and wait for your ITA. The odds of getting an ITA are directly proportional to your CRS. Higher your CRS, higher the chances of getting invited. This is the end of the pre-application phase.

Please find the step-by-step details here

PRE-ITA PHASE

As I have already mentioned before, this phase requires you to wait and have patience. Roughly speaking, CIC conducts draws twice a month. The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration decides the cut-off score for the particular draw. You can see the rounds of invitation (here). If your score is greater than or equal to the cut-off score selected by CIC, you will get an ITA.

One thing that you’ll have to do here is keep an eye on the draws and your CRS. You have to see how close you are to the previous/recent draws. I must admit that CIC is extremely unpredictable in this regard; the draws are random and the CRS cannot be predicted in advance, so to speak. So, depending on your CRS, you might want to consider applying for Provincial Nomination, which has been discussed at the end of this section.

In the pre-ITA phase, you can start collecting the documents that you are expected to submit once you get an ITA. Some of the documents that you can prioritize on getting are Police Clearance Certificates and your Employer reference letters. I will be

-rajkamalmohanram
Thanks for the detail info.
I am currently a PR holder but do not meet RO, i am planning to revoke my current PR and apply a new one for me and my spouse. Based on education and experience i have in canada i am qualified for filing it again.

My query is will revoking my PR be a problem for my future PR application?

Secondly, i stayed in canada for couple of years, if i have to get a PCC of Canada how can i get one, i will be filing it from my home country.
Please update
Thanks

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
hi..is tef mandatory for ee?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi guys,

i just submitted my EE application and my CRS score is 445, based on previous draws it looks like i should get ITA in the next draw but should i apply for PNP on the side as well ? if yes anyone knows about the processing time of PNP ? what happens if get an ITA but my PNP has not been processed by that time yet ? is there any point on waiting for PNP nomination if you get an ITA without it ? does a higher CRS score help with PR processing time post ITA ? do candidates with better CRS score get priority post ITA ? and my next question is regarding my passport, my passport expires in July 2019 and i'm planning to renew it this month, if i get a new passport and receive my ITA based on my EE application with old passport what will happen ?

appreciate your response and feedback
Hi,

1- You can apply for both at the same time. however, with a score of 445 you are almost guaranteed an ITA in the next draw or two, so I would not waste time and money on PNP.
2- After ITA, all applicants are the same. Higher scores do not get any priority at all.
3- You are free to renew your passport, you can then update your information in your PR application. Just explain in you LOE.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
It looks like my CRS score is going to be 441. How likely are the chances to get an ITA with this score?
Hi,

Just hang in there. You have a great score. I would say in the next 2 draws you will get your ITA.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear Mr. Raj,

Iam awaiting my ITA and thought of processing for the other required documents. Few things that i'm struck with are Birth certificate, PCC, NOC 0124.
1) I dont have my birth certificate and it will take 2-3months to get it. Is birth certificate mandatory?
2) For PCC permanent address is required. I stay at a rented appartment and doesnt own a permanent residence.
3) Does this Job description justifies the NOC code 0124 - I have total 7years of experience as head of Marketing / Marketing Manager.
• Planning of a marketing calendar & lead generation activities.
• Planning of all lead generation activities and further close follow up with HOD CRM for enquiry registration in the CRM system.
• Optimum use of the available resource to be made.
• Planning to focus upon the minutest details of the market – product – competitor activities.
• Management and updation of dealership website and effective use of website for information to customers and enquiry capturing through digital marketing.
• Maintenance of the records of the activities carried out for future reference.
• Creating and updating organisation charts and job descriptions for marketing.
• Manage vendors/marketing agencies and contractual/commercial Agreements.
• Planning staffing requirements for marketing, Hiring and firing marketing employees
• Acting as a role model and ensuring brand-compatible employee behaviours per the brand guidelines.
• Controlling marketing activities in accordance with corporate objectives.
Hi,

1 - You do not need to submit your birth certificate unless you are using it to claim a relationship with someone in Canada.
2- Even a rented address can be listed as a permanent address. So you will need to list all the places you have rented for a significant period of time.
3- All you need to do is ensure that the majority of the duties listed on you reference letter match the ones listed in the NOC. If so you are good to go.

All the best.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I have Masters in Business Administration specialize in marketing from University of Wales UK. Have 4 years work experienceas market researcher in Cameroon and 7 score ielts in all. What can possibly be my stance?
Hi,

Your masters degree and work experience put you in a very good position. However, your IELTS is low. I would say retake the test and score at least 8 for listening and 7s in the other 3 modules. depending on your age, I'm sure you will have a great score.

Use this to calculate: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

All the best

Nov 11, 2018
@TanakaM

Hi guys. I have received my ITA based on the last draw in October. For the post-ITA steps, I have a few doubts. Any help around those would be really appreciated.

1) For the proof of funds I am planning to include online statements for my bank account, mutual funds investments, and EPF (employer provident fund). Kindly suggest.

2) I have a PR holder sibling in Canada, but there is a small problem. Father's name on our passports is differently spelled out. Althought Mother's name is the same on both passports. Please suggest if anything needs to be done.

3) I have been staying in Gurgaon at 2 different rented properties (It's been 6 months where I have been currently staying). Should I get my police clearance certificate from Gurgaon, or from my permanent residence (Ludhiana)

Any help around these points would be really helpful.

Thank you
Guneet

Reactions: abhimukh19

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I am applying for PR in Express Entry. I have few queries as follows:

1) Do I need to enter the 10th and 12th standard school studies details as well ?

2) Do we need to enter Bachelors and Masters degree and use WES reference for each degree?

3) My WES equivalency for Bachelors listed as 4 but it's 3 full years and do I need to mention "Complete/ Full Academic Years" as 3 or 4 ?