+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Surbhigurpreet said:
Thank you.. That means A 11.2 is only prima facie view taken by the officer. Back ground check for both of us has not been changed. Hope it brings good news soon.. Take care. Thank you for all the help. Merry X'mas and happy new year.
Normally when background checks changes to In Progress... This means that your file has passed R10, A11.2, Eligibility checks @ CIO, Re-check of your complete case file and Eligibility as well as RPRF payment @ LVO ... The only step remaining is your Admissibility checks i.e. Security, Criminality and/or Medicals check.

Normal File processing steps are as follows:

1. E-APR SUBMISSION
2. AOR generation & receiving
3. APPLICATION COMPLETNESS CHECK (R10) @ CIO ottawa.
4. A11.2 checks @ CIO Ottawa.
5. App Eligibility Check under specific program (For me, FSW) @ CIO ottawa.
6. File transfer to Local Visa Office (LVO).
7. App Eligibility re-verification at LVO.
8. RPRF Submission Request (If not paid at app submission).
9. Admissibility checks (Security, Criminality and/or Medicals).
10. Passport Request Email.
11. COPR+PR Visa Stamping.

Thanks

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
rafzy said:
Normally when background checks changes to In Progress... This means that your file has passed R10, A11.2, Eligibility checks @ CIO, Re-check of your complete case file and Eligibility as well as RPRF payment @ LVO ... The only step remaining is your Admissibility checks i.e. Security, Criminality and/or Medicals check.

1. E-APR SUBMISSION

Thanks
But mine BG check is NN since starting and their at least 10 cases in which I have not seen BG check changed ever and PPR popped up. So I agree that there is no set format.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Surbhigurpreet said:
But mine BG check is NN since starting and their at least 10 cases in which I have not seen BG check changed ever and PPR popped up. So I agree that there is no set format.
Well this sequence is according to CIC website. I personally dont think that officers deviate from this sequence.

However, I can be wrong as nothing is 100% guaranteed.

The Phenom

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
During answering my questionnaire, there is a question that have you been applied for Canadian immigration before? I have applied under CEC in 2014 but my file was returned without processed. So, I have mentioned NO. Is it OK?

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
We got screwed up by lawyers again; this time the second lawyer added capital assets (apartment) to pof thus indicated 80,000 CAD on ee prof. (Apartment valued at 55,000 CAD)

I just received my ITA, but i only have $25,000 in 6-month bank statements, more than minimum requirement:

1) should i just change the amount to $25,000 in e-apr? Would I risk misinterperation/rejection due to this mismatch between ee and e-apr? Is this something you have seen done before and explained through a LOE

2) I can sell my apartment, however it may raise concerns due to the sudden deposit. So if i end up doing this would a previous ownership and property transfer be acceptable to explain sudden deposit? Would this be a safer option?

3 ) should i just decline the ITA and amend the profile? I am at 476 points and i waited so long for this.

Your help is very much needed and appreciated.

Thanks,

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
DIbraheem said:
We got screwed up by lawyers again; this time the second lawyer added capital assets (apartment) to pof thus indicated 80,000 CAD on ee prof. (Apartment valued at 55,000 CAD)

I just received my ITA, but i only have $25,000 in 6-month bank statements, more than minimum requirement:

1) should i just change the amount to $25,000 in e-apr? Would I risk misinterperation/rejection due to this mismatch between ee and e-apr? Is this something you have seen done before and explained through a LOE

2) I can sell my apartment, however it may raise concerns due to the sudden deposit. So if i end up doing this would a previous ownership and property transfer be acceptable to explain sudden deposit? Would this be a safer option?

3 ) should i just decline the ITA and amend the profile? I am at 476 points and i waited so long for this.

Your help is very much needed and appreciated.

Thanks,
Yes. You can safely change the amount in your e-APR without any chances of rejection or mis-representation.
Just make sure that the account statement verifies the amount you add.

cic will not reject apps that are above LICO and can prove the funds availability.

CIC only rejects apps that have other things missing.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
If you're from a visa exempt country, do you have to upload the Updated Information Chart to myCIC? I don't see anywhere to upload it, just a copy of my passport...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamezmoran said:
If you're from a visa exempt country, do you have to upload the Updated Information Chart to myCIC? I don't see anywhere to upload it, just a copy of my passport...
Is it explicitly asked for somewhere?

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Is it explicitly asked for somewhere?
Yes, in the letter for the PPR. If you're not using MyCIC you have to forward a physical copy of the letter, including the completed Updated Information Chart attached, to the local visa office. If you are using MyCIC, it says to 'upload this information to your MyCIC account' and also to upload a photocopy of your passport. The trouble is in my account, I only see an option to upload my passport and that's it, nothing else relating to the Updated Information Chart.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
rafzy said:

1. E-APR SUBMISSION

Thanks
So when BG changes from not started to in progress, we're past the danger zone?

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
maged_mmh said:
So when BG changes from not started to in progress, we're past the danger zone?
I think it means your file was found complete in documents and got transferred from Ottawa to your local visa office to begin background check; criminal, medical and document authenticity. I wouldn't say 'past danger zone' until PPR email

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
rafzy said:
Well this sequence is according to CIC website. I personally dont think that officers deviate from this sequence.

However, I can be wrong as nothing is 100% guaranteed.
Unfortunately no not all the time...the bg check may change and may not...doesnt mean there is anything wrong with the application...and there is no written procedure on that sequence..it depends on the VO what the sequence they follow and what the speed of processing will be..and trust me there are many VOs and different processing speeds as well...

I can quote members who had "not needed" and it changed to in progress 1 day and they got PPR instantly...please dont go by what you see on mycic regarding bg check...if you want definite answers...then order notes...

Best wishes!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
The Phenom said:
During answering my questionnaire, there is a question that have you been applied for Canadian immigration before? I have applied under CEC in 2014 but my file was returned without processed. So, I have mentioned NO. Is it OK?
I would not say its okay per se...to be honest in all your applications should be the norm..In my opinion you should submit a LOE explaining the error and submit a sched A...answer yes to question 6d...and explain below in the box given in the form...right thing to do...rest is your choice...

Best wishes!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
jamezmoran said:
Usually when you are from a VISA exempt country..a new tab will pop up after PPR to submit your bio page of your passport and all related docs...sometimes it doesnt pop up...in that case, just raise CSE...many members found success that way...

Best wishes!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The Phenom said:
If you do not have a UCI, you can answer NO IMO. However, you can choose to mention YES and mention this in a LOE as well.