+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
sodapop123 said:
That's because i have an indian passport and i cannot mail it across international borders (has to be in the country i am in at this time). If this is the case, the process is to send an email to CPC-Ottawa/Raise a CSE to them indicating the same and requesting a VO within your country of residence to be assigned to you. In my case they updated my CIC acct. with a new PPR letter asking me to send my passport to NY - Visa Application Centre.
I assume that's the legal issue with the Indian passports. I know there is a risk in international mailing of a passport. But as far as I know USPS doesn't prohibit it (https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm)

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
frolic999 said:
Thank you both for your advice. The only valid reason I currently have which can perhaps ensure that I will not take this medication any more, since I'm in a relationship. However, I do not have anything to back my relationship with my partner, such as a marriage or a domestic partnership certificate.

I can also perhaps try and get a letter from my physician stating that the medicine was simply prescribed on my request. Being at risk is debatable, since there are many people who don't get tested and have no clue of their status. This will entirely depend on whether the medical officer will consider me risky or not.

Any suggestions on lawyers? how can we negotiate the fees with them?
Unfortunately I can't recommend you a lawyer as I don't know any good ones for immigration. My suggestion is PM the very seniors like scylla (or people with over 5000 posts) as they may be able to help you or get you good help...

fdias

Jan 2, 2017
sammoe said:
I assume that's the legal issue with the Indian passports. I know there is a risk in international mailing of a passport. But as far as I know USPS doesn't prohibit it (https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm)
I would not be entirely comfortable sending my passport outside of the US while I'm here, regardless of the reliability of the mail service (and usps isn't that great for that, from my experience).
To be honest, I would gladly hand deliver it at the consulate :)

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
g126 said:
You have a complex situation a head of you... Your decision to take an expensive drug that has been known to have nasty side effects and is only recommended for high risk patients has probably got your medical officer quite suspicious. There are a few things I think you need to address if you chose to reply yourself:
1) PrEP can delay HIV+ results by up to 6 months, so you'll probably need to be retested
2) Given the potential side effects it's only recommended for high risk patients, so you'll need to explain your high risk situation in a convincing way... Think of it like this, why do you currently take it and what makes Canada much less risky that you will no longer need to take it?

This is good advice... You're in a complex situation and I've not seen any medical situation discussed in detail in the forums. So seeking professional help for this is probably recommended.
You should, if possible, consult a doctor, preferrably the one who prescribed you the medicine in the first place, and see if he can build up a solid medical case for you, and then hand over the case to a lawyer from there. Good luck

Sarah87

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tala_08 said:
Mine was sent directly to my email add. The only time MyCIC was updated was when they approved and closed my case (which happened a week after).
Thank you for your reply Tala

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
frolic999 said:
Thank you both for your advice. The only valid reason I currently have which can perhaps ensure that I will not take this medication any more, since I'm in a relationship. However, I do not have anything to back my relationship with my partner, such as a marriage or a domestic partnership certificate.

I can also perhaps try and get a letter from my physician stating that the medicine was simply prescribed on my request. Being at risk is debatable, since there are many people who don't get tested and have no clue of their status. This will entirely depend on whether the medical officer will consider me risky or not.

You might wanna get a quote from Mr. David Cohen's office or Google for names of lawyers with extensive experience with medical inadmissibility cases.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
fdias said:
I would not be entirely comfortable sending my passport outside of the US while I'm here, regardless of the reliability of the mail service (and usps isn't that great for that, from my experience).
To be honest, I would gladly hand deliver it at the consulate :)
In my opinion, it's probably going to be faster and easier to track to be able to send it to the local visa office in NY instead of Ottawa.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
g126 said:
Unfortunately I can't recommend you a lawyer as I don't know any good ones for immigration. My suggestion is PM the very seniors like scylla (or people with over 5000 posts) as they may be able to help you or get you good help...
Legalfalcon can recommend you a lawyer. Not only that, he is a champion member who can help you in dealing with this issue:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thank-you-legalfalcon-t408185.750.html

Sarah87

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frolic999 said:

I found this link https://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/medical-cases/, hope that could help you!

rd160309

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017 and 17-01-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP req on 15-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-01-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
6-03-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Nice. When did you apply for notes?
Just around the two month mark..the date on the notes is 31st Jan, and I ordered on 17th Jan. I can see the updates till 21st Jan.

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
rd160309 said:
Just around the two month mark..the date on the notes is 31st Jan, and I ordered on 17th Jan. I can see the updates till 21st Jan.
Exactly same timeline for my notes :eek:

SSSahaj

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10 Nov, 2016
Hi All,
I've received my BOWP, but my question is do I need to renew my Social Insurance Number? I will be working with the same employer full time while I wait for my PR decision. My Social Insurance Card is also expiring soon before I can get my PR final decision (as I'm PNP Inland applicant :p) wondering if I can still continue working and get paid without renewing my SIN#?

Also Ontario Health Card, can I get that renewed on the basis of my BOWP?

MauritiusS

Feb 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
Feb 2020
AOR Received.
Jan 2021
Hi,
New to the Forum. Please update details on the Master List as follows:

ITA: 2 Nov 2016
e-APR: 29 Nov 2016
Medicals passed: 21 Jan 2017
Stream: FSW
BGS: Not needed
Residence: Canada

Thanks

GK33

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
SSSahaj said:
Hi All,
I've received my BOWP, but my question is do I need to renew my Social Insurance Number? I will be working with the same employer full time while I wait for my PR decision. My Social Insurance Card is also expiring soon before I can get my PR final decision (as I'm PNP Inland applicant :p) wondering if I can still continue working and get paid without renewing my SIN#?

Also Ontario Health Card, can I get that renewed on the basis of my BOWP?
According to my knowledge, you need to renew your SIN number. You will also get Health Card renewal on the basis of BOWP.

When did you applied your BOWP? I just applied it yesterday :).

Pori

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
February 13, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
February 6, 2017
LANDED..........
March 26, 2017
chemae said:
Congrats pori! We're also from the Phils (Dec applicant) so this news brought us excitement!
Yeah, MVO was able to process it within a week after the background check has been changed to "In Progress".

Goodluck with yours!