+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

Sarah87

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pori said:
You'll receive an email stating that you have an update on your CIC account. You will still see the message through the CIC.

God bless everyone! It'll be raining PPRs this week for November applicants!
AmeyaN said:
You receive PPR mail to registered email address and also in your CIC account..
Thanks AmeyaN and Pori

lionhearth

Nov 13, 2016
CEBU
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
Med's Done....
30-11-2016
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
Pori said:
God really do wonders in the most unexpected moments.

I've just received the golden email for PPR.

A wonderful blessing indeed!
congrats sir....good luck

Pori

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
February 13, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
February 6, 2017
LANDED..........
March 26, 2017
lionhearth said:
congrats sir....good luck
Thanks! You'll receive yours soon too.

Goodluck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Surbhigurpreet said:
Three more PPR reported today all from NDVO, one applicant from MAy and two from September all PNP..... I guess this is also a very good news. Raj do you think that after 4 months the application somehow becomes safer as only security is left after that...
I suppose at least 15 - 20 applicants got PPR today from June, July, August and September combined. Yes, very good news for applicants with NDVO as your LVO. We might be able to see some progress in March/April!

All I can say is you are safe if you receive PPR :) .

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
rajkamalmohanram said:
I suppose at least 15 - 20 applicants got PPR today from June, July, August and September combined. Yes, very good news for applicants with NDVO as your LVO. We might be able to see some progress in March/April!

All I can say is you are safe if you receive PPR :) .
Yes but trend following can lead to assumptions...
Best of luck mate. Tc

chemae

May 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pori said:
God really do wonders in the most unexpected moments.

I've just received the golden email for PPR.

A wonderful blessing indeed!
Congrats pori! We're also from the Phils (Dec applicant) so this news brought us excitement!

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
I just spoke to the immigration agent, what a waste of time don't call! He just told me the information I already know from the mycic account and also he told me that I should expect a decision next May when is going to be 6th month. Wait time was around 30 minutes and I called as soon as they open up.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beogradjanin1 said:
I just spoke to the immigration agent, what a waste of time don't call! He just told me the information I already know from the mycic account and also he told me that I should expect a decision next May when is going to be 6th month. Wait time was around 30 minutes and I called as soon as they open up.
Order GCMS notes and you will know more. For timing, better check the immigration tracker to see how your VO is moving.

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
vensak said:
Order GCMS notes and you will know more. For timing, better check the immigration tracker to see how your VO is moving.
Yes, I already ordered GCMS but here in Canada is a storm so I was thinking to call them if they have some info to share. Thanks!

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
nikhil.bhatia said:
My background changed to In progress for the second time when i checked this morning...i wonder if they are working on Saturday as well because it was not needed till yesterday night

Hope to get a good news soon
Good luck Nikhil. Hopefully good news is coming soon now

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
AnshulAwasthi said:
Good luck Nikhil. Hopefully good news is coming soon now
Thanks Bro :)

abhowmik

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks Raj for your reply. My spouse didn't submit the consent form.

Feeling little relaxed now.

Probably information related to my spouse fall under s.22(1)(b) => (ii). What is your opinion?

abhowmik

Feb 25, 2016
Rob2K said:
Your notes seems fine, however it would be good if you could share us the info under "Assessment" and the "Admissibility".
It is a big file. Approximately which page or section should I look for this information?

frolic999

Nov 22, 2015
Hello there,

Today, I received a request for information from CIC. I am currently taking a medication which prevents HIV. It is also known as PrEP.

While, I do not have HIV, I have been taking this medication simply as a precaution.

Here's an excerpt from CIC's letter:

The expected cost for health related services for this applicant is approximately $12,000 per year.
This amount exceeds the average per capita threshold of $6,655.00 annually. A detailed list of
services required, cost implications as well as sources used to determine these costs are included
in Appendix I.
Based upon my review of the results of this applicant’s immigration medical examination and all
the reports I have received with respect to the applicant’s health condition, I conclude that this
applicant is inadmissible under Section 38(1)(c) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
which states that “A foreign national is inadmissible on health grounds if their health condition
might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services.”
Senior Medical Officer - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Appendix I: Expected Costs of Services
Medication(s)
Details of Services: Truvada one tablet per day
$ 12,000 per year

Date Accessed: February 10, 2017
TOTAL COST OF ALL LISTED SERVICES: $12,000 per year

Before I make a final decision, you have the opportunity to submit additional information that addresses
any or all of the following:
 the medical condition(s) identified;
 medication(s) required in Canada for the period indicated above; and
 your individualized plan, including financial arrangements as applicable, to ensure that no
excessive demand will be imposed on Canadian social services for the entire period indicated
above and your signed Declaration of Ability and Intent. The expected cost for health related
services detailed above represents the publicly funded cost or subsidy provided by your
province of destination. Therefore, your individualized plan, should include your ability to
cover the total, non-subsidized cost of your specific treatment. Please include documentation
to substantiate your projected total non-subsidized medication costs.
You must provide any additional information by April 13, 2017. If you choose not to respond, I will
make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in your application being
refused.

In order to demonstrate that you will not place an excessive demand on health or social services if
permitted to immigrate to Canada, you must establish to the satisfaction of the assessing officer that you
have a reasonable and workable plan, along with the financial means and intent to implement this plan, in
order to offset the excessive demand that you would otherwise impose on health or social services, after
immigrating to Canada.

I would like to write to CIC and explain them that I'm not depended on this medication and would rather stop taking it, than being considered inadmissible. Since this medication is being full covered by my insurance, I requested my doctor to prescribe it to me.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to prove my financial ability for my medical costs for 5 years.

Is there any other way to go about it? Any suggestion/advice is welcome?

Thank you.