+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
You might wanna get a quote from Mr. David Cohen's office or Google for names of lawyers with extensive experience with medical inadmissibility cases.
Getting a detailed note from your doctor and then appointing a lawyer for your case would be the best thing to do. Unfortunately unlike Raj I would not recommend the office of David Cohen. I have had horrible experience with them. I submitted my application through them and it was rejected, clearly because of their negligence. And I am not the only did-satisfied customer from David Cohen's office. Please choose a lawyer carefully since you have a tricky situation. Good luck

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
SSSahaj said:
Hi All,
I've received my BOWP, but my question is do I need to renew my Social Insurance Number? I will be working with the same employer full time while I wait for my PR decision. My Social Insurance Card is also expiring soon before I can get my PR final decision (as I'm PNP Inland applicant :p) wondering if I can still continue working and get paid without renewing my SIN#?

Also Ontario Health Card, can I get that renewed on the basis of my BOWP?
You will need to renew your SIN card. Its no hassle, just go to any service Canada office. Its quick and easy. And also get your health card renewed at the same same time (and in most cases at the same location).

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
AnshulAwasthi said:
Getting a detailed note from your doctor and then appointing a lawyer for your case would be the best thing to do. Unfortunately unlike Raj I would not recommend the office of David Cohen. I have had horrible experience with them. I submitted my application through them and it was rejected, clearly because of their negligence. And I am not the only did-satisfied customer from David Cohen's office. Please choose a lawyer carefully since you have a tricky situation. Good luck
Search for Alex Davidson of lp group in Toronto.... He has many videos on YouTube as well and he is good... I have talked to him number of times and he seems to be fine. Best of luck

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
sammoe said:
I assume that's the legal issue with the Indian passports. I know there is a risk in international mailing of a passport. But as far as I know USPS doesn't prohibit it (https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm)
You are correct. It's a specific legal issue with Indian passports ONLY - not for everyone (could be other countries also, but none i know of).
The courier companies will deliver it - as you said, but easier to get it changed to a local VO through requesting and then ship locally.

sanha#1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Hi Experts,
Tried calling NDVO and ottawa offices yesterday to check on my application status since there is no change in the status sice 22nd nov.I am an FSW-O residing outside canada.

My call got through some different department in Ottawa and she politely said CIC no longer entertain queries over calls kindly mail them to "question@cic.gc.ca" is there any other way to call them in person?

Similar experience with the NDVO office as the voice mail mentioned we have stopped taking queries through calls or in person, kindly mail or fax.

I had tried the number : +1 6139444000 and +1 18882422100

and for NDVO : 01141782000

I am planning to order GCMS, but it will take another month or so, any quicker way to reach out to the concerned authorities over the call?

TIA

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
sodapop123 said:
You are correct. It's a specific legal issue with Indian passports ONLY - not for everyone (could be other countries also, but none i know of).
The courier companies will deliver it - as you said, but easier to get it changed to a local VO through requesting and then ship locally.
Yes, definitely. It's easier and probably faster to mail locally. Not having to deal with international mailing is a good thing.

rd160309

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017 and 17-01-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP req on 15-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-01-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
6-03-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
Hi Guys,

As I posted earlier, I got RCMP criminal record check for my spouse. I received the same today and uploaded it. Although I got two different requests, one for RCMP fingerprints and other criminal record check. I found out that both things are same. And I have to upload the same document in both places. Is it ok. Another thing is in place of photo, it says photo not available. Is it a concern? Pls. let me know if any of you have faced similar problem.
PS: In GCMS notes which I received today, it is only mentioned of criminal record check request.

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
SSSahaj said:
Hi All,
I've received my BOWP, but my question is do I need to renew my Social Insurance Number? I will be working with the same employer full time while I wait for my PR decision. My Social Insurance Card is also expiring soon before I can get my PR final decision (as I'm PNP Inland applicant :p) wondering if I can still continue working and get paid without renewing my SIN#?

Also Ontario Health Card, can I get that renewed on the basis of my BOWP?
when did you submit your BOWP application?

pjk

Dec 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks,
I submitted my e-APR and received AOR on 10Feb17.I am in need of your advice.

I intend to get married before landing as sponsoring the spouse after landing in Canada takes a long time.
If anyone of you or your acquaintances have been in this situation,could you please confirm how much time it took after informing CiC about the marriage?

DSWalia

Mar 6, 2016
sanha#1 said:
Hi Experts,
Tried calling NDVO and ottawa offices yesterday to check on my application status since there is no change in the status sice 22nd nov.I am an FSW-O residing outside canada.

My call got through some different department in Ottawa and she politely said CIC no longer entertain queries over calls kindly mail them to "question@cic.gc.ca" is there any other way to call them in person?

Similar experience with the NDVO office as the voice mail mentioned we have stopped taking queries through calls or in person, kindly mail or fax.

I had tried the number : +1 6139444000 and +1 18882422100

and for NDVO : 01141782000

I am planning to order GCMS, but it will take another month or so, any quicker way to reach out to the concerned authorities over the call?

TIA
Hi.. I am FSW-O and have AOR date as 22nd Nov only.

I called CIC yesterday only and the agent did not inform much on my app saying the app is at NDVO and is being worked on and he can not provide further information as the file is at NDVO now. he shared an email ID which I can write to in order to get the status, however, I have heard that writing to that generic mail id does not help much with the status of the app, until unless, the app has actually crossed the normal processing times.

My app was sent to NDVO on the first week of Jan 2016 as per the CIC agent who happened to be lil helpful when I called last time. so I believe they intend to limit such calls for status updates hence such answers.

what was the last update on your app?

SSSahaj

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10 Nov, 2016
tfeddy2012 said:
when did you submit your BOWP application?
AnshulAwasthi said:
You will need to renew your SIN card. Its no hassle, just go to any service Canada office. Its quick and easy. And also get your health card renewed at the same same time (and in most cases at the same location).
GK33 said:
According to my knowledge, you need to renew your SIN number. You will also get Health Card renewal on the basis of BOWP.

When did you applied your BOWP? I just applied it yesterday :).
Thank you.
I applied on 23 Dec and was approved on 31st Jan.

1212WEST1212

Nov 3, 2016
Hi Raj,

I got an email titled "Ready for Visa", and they are asking for my passport. I'm pretty sure this is the PPR email, and its asking me to send my passport to Ottawa. :)

CPRaspirant

Star Member
Oct 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1212WEST1212 said:
Hi Raj,

I got an email titled "Ready for Visa", and they are asking for my passport. I'm pretty sure this is the PPR email, and its asking me to send my passport to Ottawa. :)
Congrats friend :) , wish you speedy COPR . Please share your LVO .

swish003

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Question guys:

I changed my address. I filled IRCC form to notify the same. I got automated reply saying they will acknowledge within 5 business days. I haven't received any reply yet, it has been 7 business days. I am FSW-O applicant from USA. I don't know my visa office yet, as I am Indian citizen. What should I do?

Canadaexp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
1212WEST1212 said:
Hi Raj,

Congrts. What is your timeline?