+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
The magic is happening to FSW applicants and not PNP. I'd like to know why.
NOC codes & cumulative points matter for FSW applicants. not sure if the same applies for PNP. They are cherry picked to a certain extent and others is sheer luck - first come first serve based on the allocation to the respective officer.

Confirmed by Maree S******** who was with the VO in Delhi some years ago.

Legolas_10

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
This may mean they have finished the checks at CIO Ottawa (R10 and A11.2) and your app is now moving to LVO to the next stage of processing. The only way to find out is to order GCMS notes, but if I were a betting man I'd bet on that - on its way to LVO.
Appreciate the response g126.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
royce110 said:
NOC codes & cumulative points matter for FSW applicants. not sure if the same applies for PNP. They are cherry picked to a certain extent and others is sheer luck - first come first serve based on the allocation to the respective officer.

Can you please explain it more in detail ?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
royce110 said:

Could you please rephrase that? I'm not sure if I follow.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Legolas_10 said:
Background check changed from In Progress to Not needed at this time. Any clues to what that could mean?
do you get email notice or not when this status get changed ?

KD87

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
COCHIN
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can some one tell me how to deal with Schedule A. What should i do after uploading it? Should I click Exit Questionnaire or Next

KD87

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
COCHIN
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KD87 said:
Can some one tell me how to deal with Schedule A. What should i do after uploading it? Should I click Exit Questionnaire or Next
Figured it out. :D

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
Guys, this is what my profile says right now:

Application/profile status Closed
Review of eligibility Passed
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents We need an additional document from the applicant
Scheduling an interview
A background check is needed Complete
Final decision This application has been approved

Despite the Application having been approved, I can still see in myCIC portal that a slot is open for a document to be submitted. I've been ignoring it for the past 20 days but the deadline mentioned is 21 January 2017. My guess is I should ignore it. Thoughts?

Legolas_10

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Legolas_10 said:
Background check changed from In Progress to Not needed at this time. Any clues to what that could mean?
yixiaop26 said:
do you get email notice or not when this status get changed ?
No. It changed a day after I uploaded the requested additional document. Review of submitted documents is still Provided though. I am not sure when it will change to Received.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shariq123 said:
Guys, this is what my profile says right now:

Application/profile status Closed
Review of eligibility Passed
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents We need an additional document from the applicant
Scheduling an interview
A background check is needed Complete
Final decision This application has been approved

Despite the Application having been approved, I can still see in myCIC portal that a slot is open for a document to be submitted. I've been ignoring it for the past 20 days but the deadline mentioned is 21 January 2017. My guess is I should ignore it. Thoughts?
Could be a bug. Were you asked to upload a copy of the bio pages of the passport?

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Could be a bug. Were you asked to upload a copy of the bio pages of the passport?
In the PPR pdf they mention that those who are from a visa-exempt country need to upload their passport pages and photographs via myCIC portal but those who are not from a visa-exempt country need to submit their passports and photographs through VFS centre.

Since I'm not from a visa-exempt country, I submitted my passport at the VFS office but a slot was nevertheless open in myCIC portal to upload bio pages of the passports. I've ignored that. Haven't uploaded anything. Must be a glitch. I think there was another person here on this forum who mentioned a similar scenario and that he ignored uploading the passport page.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
shariq123 said:
In the PPR pdf they mention that those who are from a visa-exempt country need to upload their passport pages and photographs via myCIC portal but those who are not from a visa-exempt country need to submit their passports and photographs through VFS centre.

Since I'm not from a visa-exempt country, I submitted my passport at the VFS office but a slot was nevertheless open in myCIC portal to upload bio pages of the passports. I've ignored that. Haven't uploaded anything. Must be a glitch. I think there was another person here on this forum who mentioned a similar scenario and that he ignored uploading the passport page.
upload it all the same with a small note that you did submit the physical passport to VFS

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
maged_mmh said:
upload it all the same with a small note that you did submit the physical passport to VFS
Good suggestion.. but in case you don't have a copy with you and you've already sent the passports to the VSF then write a small LoE stating that you understand you needed to submit your passports and you've done that. If you have a receipt from the VSF or a tracking number then attach that as well.