NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
Hopefulguy said:
i previously wrote the text below some days back. I think you guys should consider that option. your 30days are already running.

hello guys. congrats on your PPR once again.

I am just of the opinion that what if u have a family/relative in Canada.

Since they cant return your passports to an address outside Canada, how about you send your passport and all documents needed through a courier to your relative. Once received, your relative sends your passport to ottawa from inside canada with a return address to his/her place.

once passport is received by relative, it is sent back through courier to you.

Isn't that another approach?

Cheers.
I thought about it .. my sister stays in Toronto .. but i thought getting alternate arrangement to india would be faster.. I am flying to Canada in first week of july and I thought i was on safer side to complete the assessment in India and thats why asked them to make alternate arrangements in India ..

I would have 6 days once I land in canada.. CIC has left me in a soup...

Ish_Canada

May 7, 2015
jaffa83 said:
Don't worry you're good. They will update the with teh other line when they actually start processing your application. Say, if they start processing your application on Jun 22, 2015, then your ECAS status changes to In Process and with the additional line added to it saying..."We started processing your application on June 22, 2015" and in a few days your will receive PPR (or RPRF if not paid before or a SCH-A request if there were any gaps and might delay few more days). Bottomline is that you are good and keep fingers crossed. Wish you Good Luck to you and to those all here like in your case!!

Thanks a lot @jaffa83 for your response :)

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefulguy said:
i previously wrote the text below some days back. I think you guys should consider that option. your 30days are already running.

Since they cant return your passports to an address outside Canada, how about you send your passport and all documents needed through a courier to your relative. Once received, your relative sends your passport to ottawa from inside canada with a return address to his/her place.

Cheers.
Actually it's illegal to post your passport to another country. I didn't know this until a friend of a friend posted his passport from Canada to Dubai for visa stamping, however his passport was seized. He had to pay a fine for it to be released and even after that they sent his passport to his country of citizenship.

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Actually it's illegal to post your passport to another country. I didn't know this until a friend of a friend posted his passport from Canada to Dubai for visa stamping, however his passport was seized. He had to pay a fine for it to be released and even after that they sent his passport to his country of citizenship.
I dont know if there is a hard and fast rule about that. if there is no cogent reason like this for sending your passport then that might be suspicious.

For example, i am for Nigeria and the local VO that issues PR visa is in Ghana. so even if it is my local VO, i still have to send it out of my country by courier.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
variazioni said:
Guys I just got my ppr today :D
Congrats buddy..does your ECAS did not changed to In Process?

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Hopefulguy said:

Cheers.
That would be great, but I don't have any relatives in Canada. :\

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Congratulations to all the new PPRs!