PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hi guys,

Quick update:

So Canada has a graduated licensing system. So you do the G1 Learners Permit (multiple choice test), G2 (Probationary License) and then G (full license).

I did the G1 today and passed; so now I can drive as long as there is a driver beside me that has had their G license for 4 years or more.
I will be able to skip the G2 because I got a letter from the Jamaican Consulate Office here in Ontario to authenticate my Jamaican Driver's License.
Now I'm gonna book an appointment to do the G - i'll probably get a date within 1 month's time....

PS. I could tell ya'll another story about what happened to me accommodation wise......but I'll just give some advice....if you have to stay with family/friend here either u only stay 1 week or ensure that you give money towards utilities.....regardless if they say no....take my foolish advice.

Anyway, later peeps! Keep Striving! One Love!

Reactions: toCAfromJA

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Hi guys,

Quick update:

So Canada has a graduated licensing system. So you do the G1 Learners Permit (multiple choice test), G2 (Probationary License) and then G (full license).

I did the G1 today and passed; so now I can drive as long as there is a driver beside me that has had their G license for 4 years or more.
I will be able to skip the G2 because I got a letter from the Jamaican Consulate Office here in Ontario to authenticate my Jamaican Driver's License.
Now I'm gonna book an appointment to do the G - i'll probably get a date within 1 month's time....

PS. I could tell ya'll another story about what happened to me accommodation wise......but I'll just give some advice....if you have to stay with family/friend here either u only stay 1 week or ensure that you give money towards utilities.....regardless if they say no....take my foolish advice.

Preach!!! Lol. Thanks for the update. I rather stay at a hotel or air b n b until I can sort out a lease. Because people are not nice. Sorry you had to go through that experience.

Reactions: Jamaicangirl88

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Preach!!! Lol. Thanks for the update. I rather stay at a hotel or air b n b until I can sort out a lease. Because people are not nice. Sorry you had to go through that experience.
Thank you!!! I would highly recommend Airbnb.....just read the reviews wherever you can.

toCAfromJA

Aug 30, 2017
Outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
Hi guys,

Quick update:

Girl, this happens to everybody in whatever country you go: your host gets antsy after a few days, no matter how nice they were in the beginning! :D I don't think they can help it but I don't know exactly know why it happens!

Reactions: Jamaicangirl88

avie0705

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Guys,

Can anyone assist me with this question?

I left Canada on August 5th 2016, as my PGWP expired, however, I got a Police Certificate for Canada on August 5th 2016 also. I then had to re-take my IELTS Exam and went back to Canada (on a visitors visa) on February 3 2017 to write my test and came back on Feb 28 2017, after receiving my results. My question is it possible for my application to be refused as I received my PCC on the day I left Canada (August 5th 2016)? I was told that my PCC is valid for 1 year from receipt which is why I did not re-apply for another in February, or I would have gladly done that as well. Would my visit in February affect my PCC? If so, what steps can I take to ensure my Application is up to standard to avoid any delays or possible rejection?

My Timeline is:
ITA - March 1 with 456 Points
AOR - May 31
Additional Doc Requested (Supplementary Travels) - Aug 7
Med Passed - Aug 7
BG (IP1) - Aug 8

No updates since IP1.

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi Guys,

Can anyone assist me with this question?

I left Canada on August 5th 2016, as my PGWP expired, however, I got a Police Certificate for Canada on August 5th 2016 also. I then had to re-take my IELTS Exam and went back to Canada (on a visitors visa) on February 3 2017 to write my test and came back on Feb 28 2017, after receiving my results. My question is it possible for my application to be refused as I received my PCC on the day I left Canada (August 5th 2016)? I was told that my PCC is valid for 1 year from receipt which is why I did not re-apply for another in February, or I would have gladly done that as well. Would my visit in February affect my PCC? If so, what steps can I take to ensure my Application is up to standard to avoid any delays or possible rejection?

My Timeline is:
ITA - March 1 with 456 Points
AOR - May 31
Additional Doc Requested (Supplementary Travels) - Aug 7
Med Passed - Aug 7
BG (IP1) - Aug 8

No updates since IP1.
Hi Avie0705, entering Canada on a visitor's visa does not affect your PCC unless you stay for a prolonged period which based on your dates you did not do. Also, the PCC is supposed to cover where you have lived (various addresses if applicable). Based on your explanation you did the correct thing by getting a PCC covering the date you left Canada. But based on the date I am seeing as your ITA I am hoping you also submitted a PCC from Trinidad (I am assuming you returned to T&T after August 2016). After 6 months have passed from submission of application you can call or email CIC for a status check. Good luck!

avie0705

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Avie0705, entering Canada on a visitor's visa does not affect your PCC unless you stay for a prolonged period which based on your dates you did not do. Also, the PCC is supposed to cover where you have lived (various addresses if applicable). Based on your explanation you did the correct thing by getting a PCC covering the date you left Canada. But based on the date I am seeing as your ITA I am hoping you also submitted a PCC from Trinidad (I am assuming you returned to T&T after August 2016). After 6 months have passed from submission of application you can call or email CIC for a status check. Good luck!
Hi Malican,

Thanks for the Info, I am from Guyana and I did submit a PCC from Guyana after I obtained it in February 2017. So I guess all should be well. I was just worried after I didn't receive any updates since my Meds Passed in August.

Jules86

Sep 1, 2017
Hi guys,

Quick update:

Hi Jamaicangirl,

I was directed to this thread by someone else and I must say your experiences shared have been quite helpful. I'm also from Jamaica, I submitted passports to POS VO on Sept 26. I'm now awaiting their return.

Question in relation to this post you made... is it possible to find housing before landing? For example a basement for rent.

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hi Jamaicangirl,

I was directed to this thread by someone else and I must say your experiences shared have been quite helpful. I'm also from Jamaica, I submitted passports to POS VO on Sept 26. I'm now awaiting their return.

Question in relation to this post you made... is it possible to find housing before landing? For example a basement for rent.
Hi Jules!! I'm glad that my posts could help.....

Ummmm, if you want to secure a basement apartment before you get here, you will need some amount of luck........and if you do find a willing landlord, they will probably ask you to make a 6-month rental deposit before you move in.....and some form of deposit to hold the apartment until you arrive.......

Most landlords will prefer to meet you in person.....talk about your work background etc...

It would be good if you know someone that knows someone renting their basement......so the person could recommend you.......

So, its not impossible, but it takes some amount of effort and LUCK!!!! ;)

I would recommend booking an Airbnb for your first month to get certain things sorted out and get to know the areas.....

All the best!

Last edited:

Jules86

Sep 1, 2017

Ummmm, if you want to secure a basement apartment before you get here, you will need some amount of luck........and if you do find a willing landlord, they will probably ask you to make a 6-month rental deposit before you move in.....and some form of deposit to hold the apartment until you arrive.......

Most landlords will prefer to meet you in person.....talk about your work background etc...

It would be good if you know someone that knows someone renting their basement......so the person could recommend you.......

I would recommend booking an Airbnb for your first month to get certain things sorted out and get to know the areas.....

All the best!
Thanks for your input Jamaican girl. I was looking at some airbnb places. So I will definitely keep that option in mind.

toCAfromJA

Aug 30, 2017
Outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
hi @Jules86, can you please post your timeline (AOR date, file transfer to LVO date, PPR date etc)?

Thanks in advance

Jules86

Sep 1, 2017

All the best!
Just got approval!
So can I use the airbnb address for immigration? If I go that route.

Jules86

Sep 1, 2017
hi @Jules86, can you please post your timeline (AOR date, file transfer to LVO date, PPR date etc)?

Thanks in advance
Hi toCAfromJA,

So I started my application in april, created profile on April 27, received ITA on May 3.
Submitted documents on August 2.
Received PPR September 1.
Sent passports to POS VO on September 26.
Received approval today Oct 12.
Passports should arrive here next week.

Jules86

Sep 1, 2017

All the best!
Just got approval!
So can I use the airbnb address for immigration? If I go that route.