Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

tntusr

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiffb79 said:
Hi yes I am applying from Trinidad. So happy to find this forum!
Hey tiffb,

share your timeline and are you paperbase of EE

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
malican said:
Please share experiences about this country and VO in Port of Spain.
Hey malican, all this time I've been reading your posts and I had no clue you were from Trinidad.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
Hi

I am New to this thread as my file is now at POS VO since last December. I am in the Québec Skilled Worker Category (Anyone else hère from QSW?) and sent my file to federal last June and was transferred to POS in December. How long do i have to wait to do my medical request or for my file to be complete? There is not much info on this VO and they are taking long without any updates.

malican

May 24, 2016
gregrdyer said:
Hey malican, all this time I've been reading your posts and I had no clue you were from Trinidad.
So true... but glad we can finally catch up here. Very few applicants from T&T or with POS VO it seems. Do you know of anyone else?

malican

May 24, 2016
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hi

I am New to this thread as my file is now at POS VO since last December. I am in the Québec Skilled Worker Category (Anyone else hère from QSW?) and sent my file to federal last June and was transferred to POS in December. How long do i have to wait to do my medical request or for my file to be complete? There is not much info on this VO and they are taking long without any updates.
There aren't many of us with the POS VO. However, from the very little I have seen they seem to be a bit slow. Hoping they can surprise us! My file was transferred last month, I am under PNP-O.

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
malican said:
So true... but glad we can finally catch up here. Very few applicants from T&T or with POS VO it seems. Do you know of anyone else?
Nope. Just you guys. There was one guy some time ago, but he had already landed in Canada and I don't think he frequently visits the forum.

malican

May 24, 2016
tntusr said:
Hey tiffb,

share your timeline and are you paperbase of EE
Hey tntusr, can you share you timeline. In other timeline I think you mentioned something about medical requests from VO. Can you explain please.

barbadosborn

Jan 14, 2016
Hey all, glad to find this forum as well.

I submitted my application last December. My file was transferred to Trinidad mid February but I have not heard anything since. I recently received some GCMS notes on my application with the officer comments stating that my selection passed, eligibility, NOC consistent with duties on job letter etc.

The last sentence in the notes written Feb 21st was " Request new meds and ppt (RFV)" . My medicals expired in February but I am hoping this means I am close to PPR.

malican

May 24, 2016
barbadosborn said:
Hey all, glad to find this forum as well.

I submitted my application last December. My file was transferred to Trinidad mid February but I have not heard anything since. I recently received some GCMS notes on my application with the officer comments stating that my selection passed, eligibility, NOC consistent with duties on job letter etc.

The last sentence in the notes written Feb 21st was " Request new meds and ppt (RFV)" . My medicals expired in February but I am hoping this means I am close to PPR.
Thank you for sharing. At least we know POS is working. .. but unsure how fast and consistent. You would definitely need new medicals but those acronyms also seem as though they meant to request your passport and the visa is ready. So what is the keep back?!?

barbadosborn

Jan 14, 2016
malican said:
Thank you for sharing. At least we know POS is working. .. but unsure how fast and consistent. You would definitely need new medicals but those acronyms also seem as though they meant to request your passport and the visa is ready. So what is the keep back?!?
Yea I am not sure what the delay is but I'll remain patient. I can see that they move at a slower pace there.

I'm under FSW category btw.