+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi welcome Palex066! Thank you for sharing. Most of use are either PNPs or FSW via Express Entry... There are two persons with the Quebec stream I think.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Hi All!

AOR - May 26th
BGC - NA2

I sent an email yesterday and was informed today that my file was transferred to POS Trinidad. I am from Jamaica. I requested GCMS notes, received on August 15 and status:
Medicals - passed
Criminality - passed
Eligibility - not started
Security - not started

Any idea of the processing time for POS VO?

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi All!

AOR - May 26th
BGC - NA2

I sent an email yesterday and was informed today that my file was transferred to POS Trinidad. I am from Jamaica. I requested GCMS notes, received on August 15 and status:
Medicals - passed
Criminality - passed
Eligibility - not started
Security - not started

Any idea of the processing time for POS VO?
Hi luv2read! The time usually varies but earlier this year mine took approx 3 months in POS. Other applicants have recently received PPR via POS VO so we know they are working assiduously. Good luck!

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
@gregrdyer & @NeeshBents - Update, I was able to get all my requested funds via RBL in the form of bank drafts within 1.5 months of request. That eases some significant stress! Good luck guys.
Thanks malican. Someone from USA is purchasing my home, so I'm getting all the required funds in the form of a US bank draft. ;)

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hi guys!

So....I always have a story right?:rolleyes:

My flight was scheduled to depart last week Saturday, however, the Jamaican airspace was shut down, therefore, my flight got cancelled until Sunday....:(

......So I did my landing on Sunday and am officially a Permanent Resident:D.....the PR card will arrive within 6 weeks.

When we arrived at Pearson International, and de-planed, we were directed to some machines to scan our passports and answer the same questions that were on our declaration form.....we only selected "yes" for the currency question. Then we were directed to a special area for permanent residents....The line was fairly short...We went up to an immigration officer who asked us to confirm that we have no criminal records and a few other questions from the COPR....then we signed the COPR in front of the officer...we were asked to take a seat and we waited for about 15 mins until our names were called. We got back our COPR's and passports and went to baggage claim. After baggage claim we had to go to another section where they search luggage, but we told the officer we were just doing our landing, and he asked how much money we brought and just welcomed us to Canada and directed us to the exit.....easy breezy......:)

Since I've been here, I went to the Service Canada office and applied for my SIN. I got the document with my SIN number - they no longer give a SIN card.
(Please keep your SIN #s as confidential as possible, unless doing business with them.....beware of fraudsters trying to pretend to be you....plus your credit history is tied to your SIN# and all business that you do in Canada depends on credit history).

I was also able to open bank accounts at Scotiabank here. Luckily a Jamaican immigrant was our representative and she gave us all the best options.
We were even able to apply for credit cards right away....These will arrive in the mail in 7 days time.....

Tomorrow I go to the Service Ontario office to apply for an Ontario ID so that I don't have to keep walking around with my passport.
I will also apply for health insurance and wait 3 months for the card to arrive....

So that's my update peeps! I hope this helps someone.......I'm always the guinea pig here..:p:p

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi guys!

So....I always have a story right?:rolleyes:

My flight was scheduled to depart last week Saturday, however, the Jamaican airspace was shut down, therefore, my flight got cancelled until Sunday....:(

......So I did my landing on Sunday and am officially a Permanent Resident:D.....the PR card will arrive within 6 weeks.

When we arrived at Pearson International, and de-planed, we were directed to some machines to scan our passports and answer the same questions that were on our declaration form.....we only selected "yes" for the currency question. Then we were directed to a special area for permanent residents....The line was fairly short...We went up to an immigration officer who asked us to confirm that we have no criminal records and a few other questions from the COPR....then we signed the COPR in front of the officer...we were asked to take a seat and we waited for about 15 mins until our names were called. We got back our COPR's and passports and went to baggage claim. After baggage claim we had to go to another section where they search luggage, but we told the officer we were just doing our landing, and he asked how much money we brought and just welcomed us to Canada and directed us to the exit.....easy breezy......:)

Since I've been here, I went to the Service Canada office and applied for my SIN. I got the document with my SIN number - they no longer give a SIN card.
(Please keep your SIN #s as confidential as possible, unless doing business with them.....beware of fraudsters trying to pretend to be you....plus your credit history is tied to your SIN# and all business that you do in Canada depends on credit history).

I was also able to open bank accounts at Scotiabank here. Luckily a Jamaican immigrant was our representative and she gave us all the best options.
We were even able to apply for credit cards right away....These will arrive in the mail in 7 days time.....

Tomorrow I go to the Service Ontario office to apply for an Ontario ID so that I don't have to keep walking around with my passport.
I will also apply for health insurance and wait 3 months for the card to arrive....

So that's my update peeps! I hope this helps someone.......I'm always the guinea pig here..:p:p
Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your experience with us. Good luck!

Reactions: Jamaicangirl88

faitnt

Aug 21, 2017
Hello everybody
Update - ielts march 2018 ( that is faaar)
Degree assessment this week hopefully. Do i need to get both masters n undergrad degree assessed or just masters will do?
Police certificate in process.
Should I make my profile now or wait till I write Ielts? Congrats to those who got pr already!

malican

May 24, 2016
Hello everybody
Update - ielts march 2018 ( that is faaar)
Degree assessment this week hopefully. Do i need to get both masters n undergrad degree assessed or just masters will do?
Police certificate in process.
Should I make my profile now or wait till I write Ielts? Congrats to those who got pr already!
Yes please get both masters and undergrad assessed. You do not need a police certificate, you would need to get one only after you have been selected. Also they expire so I would advise you save the $ and wait. You can make your profile now but bear in mind it expires after one year so it may be better to do it after getting IELTS results. On the contrary, you should take some time and get familiar with it before actually entering the pool as people make errors, insert the wrong year, typos etc.

As a quicker alternative to waiting for the IELTS in T&T you can do it in another country if you have planned travel. Good luck!

Reactions: faitnt

tiffb79

Mar 2, 2017
Hi everyone!
The board has certainly since I first posted. I do not have a clear timeline regarding to status my application from what I noticed did not go through the IP/NA stages. Which prompted me to order GCMS notes. I finally received them and it said that my file was transferred to the POS VO on August 15th. How long does it usually take the POS office from point of transfer to issuing the PPR?

Category: FSW
AOR: May 24th
Medicals Passed: July 27th
Review of additional documents -We do not need additional documents: August 15th

faitnt

Aug 21, 2017
Yes please get both masters and undergrad assessed. You do not need a police certificate, you would need to get one only after you have been selected. Also they expire so I would advise you save the $ and wait. You can make your profile now but bear in mind it expires after one year so it may be better to do it after getting IELTS results. On the contrary, you should take some time and get familiar with it before actually entering the pool as people make errors, insert the wrong year, typos etc.

As a quicker alternative to waiting for the IELTS in T&T you can do it in another country if you have planned travel. Good luck!
Thanks malican!! Jamaica has a similar situation! Btw the job letter must list out duties also? All jobs in last ten years? Should I apply inclusive of my family or just me alone?

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Hi everyone!
The board has certainly since I first posted. I do not have a clear timeline regarding to status my application from what I noticed did not go through the IP/NA stages. Which prompted me to order GCMS notes. I finally received them and it said that my file was transferred to the POS VO on August 15th. How long does it usually take the POS office from point of transfer to issuing the PPR?

Category: FSW
AOR: May 24th
Medicals Passed: July 27th
Review of additional documents -We do not need additional documents: August 15th
My application was transferred in August too. I'm still waiting. Are you from trinidad? My AOR is May 26th. So we might be in the same batch.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Yes I am! Sounds like we are in the same batch. This wait is killing me!
Lol. Yea I am trying to distract myself and not check the portal constantly.