+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

malican

May 24, 2016
Thanks malican!! Jamaica has a similar situation! Btw the job letter must list out duties also? All jobs in last ten years? Should I apply inclusive of my family or just me alone?
Hey faitnt, the job letter is only needed when you are selected and yes it must list out your job duties which should be similar to the description in the NOC. Yes all jobs in the last 10 years should be listed. You should include your family (I am assuming you would like to all be in Canada but that is dependent on you). Bear in mind if you do not list them then they cannot be applied for after you are granted PR.

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi everyone!
The board has certainly since I first posted. I do not have a clear timeline regarding to status my application from what I noticed did not go through the IP/NA stages. Which prompted me to order GCMS notes. I finally received them and it said that my file was transferred to the POS VO on August 15th. How long does it usually take the POS office from point of transfer to issuing the PPR?

Category: FSW
AOR: May 24th
Medicals Passed: July 27th
Review of additional documents -We do not need additional documents: August 15th
My application was transferred in August too. I'm still waiting. Are you from trinidad? My AOR is May 26th. So we might be in the same batch.
Usually when the file is transferred to the local VO the background check is done. Although some VOs do not update the progress to IP/NA on the EE portal. Earlier in the year POS was taking about 3 months from receipt of file to PPR however each case is different. Good luck guys!

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks malican!! Jamaica has a similar situation! Btw the job letter must list out duties also? All jobs in last ten years? Should I apply inclusive of my family or just me alone?
Hi faitnt,
Malicans response is good advice. Do get job letters with all duties listed that reasonably covers most of the duties specified for your NOC, hours worked per week and if full time or part time, benefits, dates of joining etc. Only thing I would add is that if you are listing all 10 years job experience make sure you can get the detailed job letter/s that covers all those years if that's what you are claiming points for. So if you had several jobs in the past 10 years and it would prove impossible to get the detailed job letter for any of those jobs then you don't necessarily have to add it in work history I. The initial EE application. After you get ITA and you're filling the final PR application you can add any omitted jobs in your personal history section.
Also, remember that you will have to show required proof of funds for the total # of family members you are including on your application. Like Malican said better to include all family members in the application from now.

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
Hello Malican

Thank you!
Okay, so here is what I did...
Did the eligibility form on Canadavisa, scored 443 points. The one on CICs site asked for Ielts, which I do not have atm.

The credential assessment certificate has to be attached electronically when creating the profile?
I will register for IELTS, time flies so Jan 2018 is not too far :)
So start my profile after I have had assessment completed, written Ielts and police certificate in hand, right?

This seems an insurmountable task atm!

My advice please check your travel history. If you have cumulatively been in the US for over 6 months (PS all those 2-3 week trips add up since you were 18) you need a PCC from the FBI. Its currently taking 12 weeks to acquire

toCAfromJA

Aug 30, 2017
Outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
Hi guys,

Happy to have found this thread!:D

I'm a J'can primary applicant with one dependent (common-law spouse).

I learned today (after emailing CIC to inquire on the 19th) that my application is being processed by the POS LVO. Back on Aug 23 when I first enquired about the assigned LVO (just to gauge where in the process I was), I was told that my application was still at the CIO in Sydney, NS. At that time, my Background status read: NA and Additional Document was: We are reviewing the additional documents submitted. Two days after that response from CIC, the Additional Documents status changed to" Additional Documents not required" but Background remained at NA. I'm guessing that it was at that point that the application moved from the CIO to LVO, which would mean that it's been at POS for close to a month. I'm now hoping that this recent email prompts the triggering of my PPR :D:D:D:D although, based on what I'm seeing, POS processes PPR anywhere from 1 to 3 months. I'm not expecting the Background status to change to In progress based on the experience of many persons in this thread so, I'm really just checking my email everyday for that golden mail :D.

See my other timelines below!

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi guys,

Happy to have found this thread!:D

I'm a J'can primary applicant with one dependent (common-law spouse).

I learned today (after emailing CIC to inquire on the 19th) that my application is being processed by the POS LVO. Back on Aug 23 when I first enquired about the assigned LVO (just to gauge where in the process I was), I was told that my application was still at the CIO in Sydney, NS. At that time, my Background status read: NA and Additional Document was: We are reviewing the additional documents submitted. Two days after that response from CIC, the Additional Documents status changed to" Additional Documents not required" but Background remained at NA. I'm guessing that it was at that point that the application moved from the CIO to LVO, which would mean that it's been at POS for close to a month. I'm now hoping that this recent email prompts the triggering of my PPR :D:D:D:D although, based on what I'm seeing, POS processes PPR anywhere from 1 to 3 months. I'm not expecting the Background status to change to In progress based on the experience of many persons in this thread so, I'm really just checking my email everyday for that golden mail :D.

See my other timelines below!
Welcome toCAfromJA, sounds as though you are on the right track. Good luck :)

toCAfromJA

Aug 30, 2017
Outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
Thanks Malican for your good wishes and starting this thread! It's great to be able to read about the experiences of my fellow Caribbean applicants!

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Hi!

I emailed POS VO on Sept 20th requesting a status update and I was informed that my application is still in queue for review, and will be reviewed in 2 weeks or less. They also said once the review is completed I will be advised on the next step in processing.

My application has also been with them a little over a month. It was transferred from CIO, Sydney on August 17th, when my additional documents changed to not needed.

I am soooo nervous! I really hope the update in two weeks (or less) is PPR!!

avie0705

Sep 22, 2017
Hey Guys,

Can anyone tell me how I can get in touch with cic regarding my account? Applied under CEC from Guyana.

My Timeline is:
ITA - March 1 with 456 Points
AOR - May 31
Additional Doc Requested (Supplementary Travels) - Aug 7
Med Passed - Aug 7
BG (IP1) - Aug 8

No updates since IP1.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Hey Guys,

Can anyone tell me how I can get in touch with cic regarding my account? Applied under CEC from Guyana.

My Timeline is:
ITA - March 1 with 456 Points
AOR - May 31
Additional Doc Requested (Supplementary Travels) - Aug 7
Med Passed - Aug 7
BG (IP1) - Aug 8

No updates since IP1.
Try emailing them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca (you could also try Trinidad at pspan-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca )

You should place your application number (EE Number) as the subject of the email and include the following in the body:

Surname and Given name(s);
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);

Reactions: jazzyapd

rtcteacher

Aug 13, 2017
Hi guys

i am also an applicant from carribean. AOR was sep 5.. currently in na2 from 20 sep... i think my file come to pos office as well... how long do they usually take to process... heard that fsw-o applicants are moving fast lately.. getting ppr in 20 days..

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Hi guys

i am also an applicant from carribean. AOR was sep 5.. currently in na2 from 20 sep... i think my file come to pos office as well... how long do they usually take to process... heard that fsw-o applicants are moving fast lately.. getting ppr in 20 days..
Welcome! My AOR can be found in my signature. From my understanding POS can take anywhere from 1-3 months for an update. You can email them if you need some info. Have you passed your medicals yet?

Reactions: rtcteacher

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Yes. I passed my medicals recently ( Sep 19).
Congrats. If your file is already at the local visa office you should hear something soon. Good Luck!