AOR Received.
21-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Just an update to help with VO POS

PP sent- 25 July 2017
PP/COPR received- 14 August 2017

@gregrdyer @malican
Scotia bank allows TT to CAD for most of your TT funds (via Manager's cheque etc) as long as you have an account with them and apply in person with 2 IDs to join a "QUEUE" ASAP. You must be able to go into branch as soon as called for CAD funds or else you have the wait to rejoin queue. They are given your landing date and try to call you in before.

Last edited:

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016

PP sent- 25 July 2017

@gregrdyer @malican
Scotia bank allows TT to CAD for most of your TT funds (via Manager's cheque etc) as long as you have an account with them and apply in person with 2 IDs to join a "QUEUE" ASAP. You must be able to go into branch as soon as called for CAD funds or else you have the wait to rejoin queue. They are given your landing date and try to call you in before.
Thanks NeeshBents.

malican

May 24, 2016

PP sent- 25 July 2017

@gregrdyer @malican
Hey thank you NesshBents, that is what I did but didn't have to present IDs just did a letter. However, it is not on a consistent basis and they were very firm on no guarantees... and that is the issue we are having. I will wait it out to see how it goes. For the benefit of others RBL does it as well.

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Yep yep. To my office.
Based on your experience I thought to put my company name and address on it. Not sure if that was a factor.
Well, that is awesome!
I'm jealous.....o_O...they put me thru hell......:oops:

OntarioExpress

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, that is awesome!
I'm jealous.....o_O...they put me thru hell......:oops:
Ye, sorry bout that. That's part of what makes this forum so great....we get to share real experiences.

Thanks to you I knew what to expect, and the first thing I did when I got the package was checked each passport for a counterfoil.

faitnt

Aug 21, 2017
Hi
I am a new member from Trinidad.
How do I start the process, what docs etc do I need to kick start the application? Thanks much in advance. Your comments make great reading!

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi
I am a new member from Trinidad.
How do I start the process, what docs etc do I need to kick start the application? Thanks much in advance. Your comments make great reading!
Welcome Faitnt! In summary, to start off you would need to complete the determine your eligibility wizard (see link below). Then have your credential (degree/qualification) assessed to ensure it is equivalent to the Canadian standard. This can paid for and done by WES, the University of Toronto or other institutions (see link below). You would need to have your university send the transcript to assessing institution and then you send the certificate if required. The entire process can take approximately 2-3 months depending on processing time. In tandem with the above or after (depending on your preference) you have to get your English assessed; this is called the IELTS exam and is done at UWI for approximately 2000TTD. There is a minimum score (see link below) and I must say this exam is in high demand, a friend told me right now the next available date is Jan/Feb 2018.

After getting the results above you would need to complete the Express Entry profile which would confirm your score and put you into the pool. You can also get an approximation of your score using the guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp.

Good luck!

Please like if I have answered your question(s). :)

Reactions: faitnt

faitnt

Aug 21, 2017
Hello Malican

Thank you!
Okay, so here is what I did...
Did the eligibility form on Canadavisa, scored 443 points. The one on CICs site asked for Ielts, which I do not have atm.

The credential assessment certificate has to be attached electronically when creating the profile?
I will register for IELTS, time flies so Jan 2018 is not too far :)
So start my profile after I have had assessment completed, written Ielts and police certificate in hand, right?

This seems an insurmountable task atm!

Reactions: kast29