+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

Cindy84

Jan 11, 2018
hey guys, saw someone posted in the group and realized i haven't been on this forum in so long. How is everyone doing? We landed in June and my husband got a survival job, now i am looking for jobs. Its a bit frustrating at times, but the minimum wage isn't so bad (its workable and you can survive if you budget properly). The weather has been great so far (knock on wood).

Reactions: Lriv

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
Glad You're doing good. We landed in July but returned to Trinidad. We will probably move permanently by December. We are job hunting before we leave.

hey guys, saw someone posted in the group and realized i haven't been on this forum in so long. How is everyone doing? We landed in June and my husband got a survival job, now i am looking for jobs. Its a bit frustrating at times, but the minimum wage isn't so bad (its workable and you can survive if you budget properly). The weather has been great so far (knock on wood).

Reactions: aron30 and Cindy84

chris1805

May 26, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
POS
App. Filed.......
May 2017
AOR Received.
July 2017
File Transfer...
Nov 2017
Med's Done....
July 2017
Passport Req..
Jan 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2018
LANDED..........
July 2018
I need to know how is it possible to live here on minimum wage. Any tips? I've been here 2 months and may end up in a survival job if I don't get my desired one before winter.

Cindy84

Jan 11, 2018
I need to know how is it possible to live here on minimum wage. Any tips? I've been here 2 months and may end up in a survival job if I don't get my desired one before winter.
chris, live as cheaply as possible, dont buy food (cook your own), walk as much as possible, and find a cheap place to live. Best of luck

Reactions: Aarti123

reachforjay

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi All,

Stumbled across this group. I was beginning to think I was the only Caribbean person here other than @Aarti123 lol. Currently impatiently waiting since MEP on Sep 1st...

Reactions: Aarti123

thehopeful1

Oct 27, 2018
hello everyone...
New member here thankful for all the information posted (also learning all the abbreviations) :)
MY EE score however is low (really low) can anyone guide me if possible please some advice on how to get through with the PNP?
i have also looked at the AIPP but after hundreds of emails and no response it is getting tiresome.
ANY and ALL information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you guys in advance!

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
hello everyone...
New member here thankful for all the information posted (also learning all the abbreviations) :)
MY EE score however is low (really low) can anyone guide me if possible please some advice on how to get through with the PNP?
i have also looked at the AIPP but after hundreds of emails and no response it is getting tiresome.
ANY and ALL information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you guys in advance!
hey there, how low is low?

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
hi thank you for responding 345
PNP is different for each province. You would have to go to each of the differenct Province websites and see the requirements.

What about improving your current score?
1) learning french
2) going higher in education
3) maxing out the score in ielts
4) studying in canada

Reactions: M&Ms

thehopeful1

Oct 27, 2018
1) yes i was thinking of this option but wondering how long it will take to reach the level required (while looking for a good school)
2) this option may take a while and is pricey however i am open to it
3) yes this is good advice (noted)
4) this is my top option my only problem is if i can carry my family (2 dependants and a spouse) i am afraid if we apply together my student visa is denied or if we apply separately i get approved but they are unable to come.....i am torn
I am located in Trinidad by the way

thehopeful1

Oct 27, 2018
yes i have done some research you apply for your student visa and your family is allowed to accompany you (once approved) your spouse gets an open work permit and the kids are allowed to go to school

M&Ms

Apr 25, 2018
yes i have done some research you apply for your student visa and your family is allowed to accompany you (once approved) your spouse gets an open work permit and the kids are allowed to go to school
Hello
I am from Trinidad also, and know of a guy who got through with his study visa and his family went up a few months after (maybe 7 months or so) - a couple kids and his wife. Sorry I don’t know them personally to give you more info.

thehopeful1

Oct 27, 2018
Hello
I am from Trinidad also, and know of a guy who got through with his study visa and his family went up a few months after (maybe 7 months or so) - a couple kids and his wife. Sorry I don’t know them personally to give you more info.
thank you though

Reactions: M&Ms