+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

Dpm 16

Nov 28, 2018
Hey everyone

My common law spouse and I are currently in the express entry pool. We applied under the Federal Skilled Workers program. (Sometimes reading these forums I get lost with the abbreviations so just spelling out everything for now lol) we both have 4 year degrees evaluated by WES. The next educational CSR score would be "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." We both did UWI short courses after graduation ("Taxation, Book-keeping and Accounting" and "Intro to Child Psychology"). We sent the accounting to WES to see whether we can score for "2 or more certificates..." We're wondering whether A levels could do the same as another option. My question is, has any of you scored at the two or more certificates... level or had your A levels or a similar program to the ones we did at UWI evaluated by WES? Do you perhaps know what the outcome
Will be. Looking forward to your help and here to share more info as required

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
Although I’m not sure your short courses will be covered, your A levels won’t.

Were your courses evaluated as a certificate program from UWI or did you merely get a certificate of participation? It really depends on the nature of the courses pursued whether it was a certificate program or just a certificate for completion. Can you get a transcript? If not and there were no exams then quite likely not.

Hey everyone

My common law spouse and I are currently in the express entry pool. We applied under the Federal Skilled Workers program. (Sometimes reading these forums I get lost with the abbreviations so just spelling out everything for now lol) we both have 4 year degrees evaluated by WES. The next educational CSR score would be "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." We both did UWI short courses after graduation ("Taxation, Book-keeping and Accounting" and "Intro to Child Psychology"). We sent the accounting to WES to see whether we can score for "2 or more certificates..." We're wondering whether A levels could do the same as another option. My question is, has any of you scored at the two or more certificates... level or had your A levels or a similar program to the ones we did at UWI evaluated by WES? Do you perhaps know what the outcome

Last edited:

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hey everyone

A levels don't count.

If it's one of those certificates from uwi continuing studies that says something like 75 contact hours then it doesn't count. It would need to be like a 2 or 3 year certificate program.... like just under a bachelor's degree. Something accredited.

Reactions: kast29

Dpm 16

Nov 28, 2018
Really appreciate the responses. Also what are the chances of getting a job offer in Canada while in Trinidad? Considering our options, another one of which would be to start a masters degree in September.

Reactions: Lriv

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
It depends on whether you’re a highly skilled, in demand worker and luck, but the possibilities will certainly be lower than if you were there.
Enhancing your education to increase points is a good option. Testing higher on ielts and learning French are options as well

Really appreciate the responses. Also what are the chances of getting a job offer in Canada while in Trinidad? Considering our options, another one of which would be to start a masters degree in September.

reachforjay

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
I seem to have received the PPR today. However, the instructions are causing some confusion. In addition to the passports (or biodata page as Barbados is visa exempt), they are asking us to pay the RPRF, which we paid upfront when we submitted. They are then asking for an updated Family Information, Schedule A Background Declaration, Police Clearance Certificate and Birth Certificate. Is this normal? The PCC is most worrisome as there is no way that can be received within 30 days...

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
I seem to have received the PPR today. However, the instructions are causing some confusion. In addition to the passports (or biodata page as Barbados is visa exempt), they are asking us to pay the RPRF, which we paid upfront when we submitted. They are then asking for an updated Family Information, Schedule A Background Declaration, Police Clearance Certificate and Birth Certificate. Is this normal? The PCC is most worrisome as there is no way that can be received within 30 days...
I’m not sure if that’s normal as I didn’t have to provide such. What I can say is create a thread and see the feedback you get from persons on the forum.

Dpm 16

Nov 28, 2018
Hey good day again guys,

Has anyone applied as common law? If so then you would have submitted the IMM5409 form: "Statutory Declaration of Common Law Form" when applying for permanent residence (after ITA)... At the bottom of the form there's a solemn declaration. And one of three titles can administer the declaration:
Notary Public
Commissioner of Oaths
Commissioner of Taking Affidavits

Can you tell me if there is an office in Trinidad delegated by Canadian Immigration for this?

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hey good day again guys,

Has anyone applied as common law? If so then you would have submitted the IMM5409 form: "Statutory Declaration of Common Law Form" when applying for permanent residence (after ITA)... At the bottom of the form there's a solemn declaration. And one of three titles can administer the declaration:
Notary Public
Commissioner of Oaths
Commissioner of Taking Affidavits

Can you tell me if there is an office in Trinidad delegated by Canadian Immigration for this?
Once it's an official notary public or commissioner of affidavits and they put the seal/stamp on it then it will be accepted.

To be exta safe go could go with a big law firm but it will be more expensive.

thehopeful1

Oct 27, 2018
Good Day everyone has anyone applied under self employed through Express Entry?
if so please shed some light on the application process

thehopeful1

Oct 27, 2018
hi guys has anyone had their degrees from other Tertiary Institutions other than UWI evaluated by WES?
and was successful ... was the institution recognized?

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
hi guys has anyone had their degrees from other Tertiary Institutions other than UWI evaluated by WES?
and was successful ... was the institution recognized?
If you’re referring to other universities in Trinidad and Tobago, the only two I saw on WES as being recognized was UWI and UTT. I’m not sure if they recognize other universities in Trinidad and Tobago.