+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

ShanJam

Nov 23, 2017
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
17-08-2017
Congrats.I am hoping to do my landing soon.Thanks for the info.

Reactions: SheFer92

Oneka

Jul 8, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
I did the medical with Dr Richard Gomes. It was a breeze really, like a typical check up at the doctor. The have lab personnel on-site, so I was able to give the samples same place. They then directed me to Winchester Medical (Apex) to do the chest xray; for which the results will be automatically sent back to the doctors office. Wait time at the office was a little more than expected, but I am use to that with Jamaican doctors.
Thank you for replying..I literally just submitted..good luck to you

WAT876

Star Member
Jan 27, 2018
Hi All

Posting for anyone who is interested in reading my landing experience

I landed around 6.30 pm at the Toronto Pearson Airport, was then directed to kiosk machine to fill out the declaration (no longer on paper, all electronic now), was in the que for about 5 minutes until a Kiosk machine was free. Then in about 2-3 minutes i was done with the kiosk and was then directed to an immigration officer along with my print out from the Kiosk

The lines were not too long so I met an officer in about 1 minute and he asked me what my purpose of visiting canada was and I told him that I was completing the landing process. I was then asked if I am bringing any cash over 10,000 CAD and if i have any goods to follow. I answered no to the fist question and yes to the next question, based on my answers he filled out the printed form from the Kiosk and sent me on the next stop.

The next was an officer just checking the printed out form from the kiosks completed by the immigration officer, I showed mine and was re-directed to a room with about 10 people in que for landing or other similar reasons.

I was in que for about 10-15 minutes there and met my second immigration officer, I told him that I was completing the landing process and was asked to provide my passport, immigration form (kiosk print out) and the CoPR, after which he asked me a few questions;
* have you been convicted of any crimes in Canada or other countries
* have you been denied entry to canada or any other countries
* are you bringing in cash more than 10,000 CADs
* do you have any dependents to follow

And then was asked to signed both copies of the CoPR and asked me to provide the address to which the PR cards needs to be sent to. I was then told that it would take 2 months to receive the Card and welcome to Canada. Was also told to go to the next counter if I would like a SIN number today. this interview took about 7-10 minutes and FYI no proof of funds was requested, however I would recommend that anyone doing the landing to have it on you and you would rather be over prepared than face issues.

I was waiting to hear the words "welcome to Canada" for the longest time and I had no words to explain the feeling I had at this point, all the hard work and all the waiting paid off at last.

I then happily moved on to the next stop and was given a bag with some leaflets and the lady said welcome to canada and if you would like a SIN please see the lady on the opposite side, i went and saw her and she gave me a book and asked me to fill out a tiny form that had a number on it as well. I filled it out and was waiting for my number to be called, I was seated for about 10-15 minutes until my number was called and then the process to receive the SIN took about another 5 minutes and then was asked to go out and collect my bags and that I was done.

I then collected my bags and was heading to the custom officer and showed him my kiosk print out with the GTF(goods to follow) marked by the first immigration officer at which point instead of the usual exit i was asked to go to another room. This is the most time consuming part for me. i was here for about an hour until they saw me. Looked at the lists i prepared and signed it and stamped it and i was directed to the cashier who handed me a printed form and then asked me to see the custom officer again who then directed me out to the exit and there it was. I was done.

took me about 2 hours for the whole process but i was finally done.

I went the next day with my stamped and signed CoPR and SIN to TD bank and opened an account received my card and that was it. I stayed in Toronto for 2 more nights and returned to my resident country.

I will wait for my PR card (will be received by my friend in canada and will be posted to me thereafter) before I make any more travels to Canada.

I will now start my hunt for Jobs.

Thanks for everyone that made the wait for this day a little more easier and thanks a lot for everyone that provided all the information.

Good luck to the rest of you who are waiting to achieve their Canadian dreams. all the best :)

Great news! Best of luck

Reactions: SheFer92

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
AOR - Mar 6
Meds passed - Mar 14
Ghost update - June 28
IP2 - June 28
PPR - July 3

Contacted CIC today July 3rd and was told my application was approved on June 28 and just to wait for the PPR email

Reactions: WAT876 and kast29

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
Congratulations. Does your email require your passport to have 6 months validity? My sons passport only has 5 months. Im a bit worried about this

AOR - Mar 6
Meds passed - Mar 14
Ghost update - June 28
IP2 - June 28
PPR - July 3

Contacted CIC today July 3rd and was told my application was approved on June 28 and just to wait for the PPR email

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Congratulations. Does your email require your passport to have 6 months validity? My sons passport only has 5 months. Im a bit worried about this
Yes the email did say that. I renewed my passport in February 2018 just before applying for Express Entry as it would have been expiring in August.

ESSJAYJA

Mar 9, 2018
Kingston Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2018
AOR Received.
19-04-18
Med's Done....
24-04-18
Passport Req..
27-07-18
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-18
AOR - Mar 6
Meds passed - Mar 14
Ghost update - June 28
IP2 - June 28
PPR - July 3

Hi, Congrats on the PPR!
Can you share what stream you applied through?

ESSJAYJA

Mar 9, 2018
Kingston Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2018
AOR Received.
19-04-18
Med's Done....
24-04-18
Passport Req..
27-07-18
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-18
How did you guys find out that your VO is POS?