+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Reactions: Vinami

edgarodonell

Mar 10, 2021
I filled out a Schedule 1. I'm not sure if that was truly necessary or not but I did it .

Yup. Another 100$ for the TRV or you could just not travel outside Canada until you get your PR card. The TRV is only needed for entry back into Canada if you travel abroad. On the other hand, they are supposed to refund 100$ from the 255$ paid at the time of applying for this new PGWP although I haven't received such a refund yet
Thanks again for all the info harvijay1001 !! I paid for biometrics too .. so that was 340 for me :D

edgarodonell

Mar 10, 2021
Yes if you are in Canada, you need to do a seperate application for TRV. They dont automatically ask for your passport. The TRV fee is $100. You need to receive your work permit approval to be able to apply for it.

Also carefully said, we are still in covid so they might not allow foreigners in without a valid reason even if you have a trv and work permit
Y'all amazing thanks for all the info CripplingYogi!!

yes, I'm in Canada. I'll apply for TRV after first obtaining the work permit extension then.

Thanks for the important reminder. Damn.. so even if I get TRV+ work permit I wont be able to come back if I step out of the country... that feels somewhat unfair since they allow citizens to move around in and out.

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Yes if you are in Canada, you need to do a seperate application for TRV. They dont automatically ask for your passport. The TRV fee is $100. You need to receive your work permit approval to be able to apply for it.

Also carefully said, we are still in covid so they might not allow foreigners in without a valid reason even if you have a trv and work permit
Hi,

I need help with the TRV. My PR application is in process and should be done anytime now (AOR 20th August 2020) (Hopefully). My current work permit will expire on 7th April 2021. I had written to CIC regarding this and they suggested I apply for Bridging Open Work Permit, for which I will be submitting my application on 15th March 2021.

My problem is, I will be traveling to India around 10th of April (work & personal related) and should be back by end of May. My work visa in my passport expired long ago, but I do have a valid visit visa till 2026. Do I need to apply for a new work visa TRV to come back into Canada or my visit visa along with my work permit should be fine? I had travelled from India to Canada in December 2020 and they let me in with my visit visa and valid work permit.

If I do have to apply for a new TRV, then please do also let me know how. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Patelkomal

Feb 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-08-2020
AOR Received.
03-11-2020
Med's Done....
14-12-2020
My husband and I applied he applied for PGWP extension under the new policy and I applied for SOWP under him.
Applied: Jan 28,202
Approved: May 2, 2021

My husband got approved but I didn’t. They said I was refused because I couldn’t proved that my husband was a skilled worker. I don’t understand if he got approved why wouldn’t I. He applied and we applied for me under him. Can someone explain how that works.
Hi, dear
sorry to hear that. did you apply again??

Patelkomal

Feb 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-08-2020
AOR Received.
03-11-2020
Med's Done....
14-12-2020
Hi,

I am also in the same boat and My pgwp also expiring in June 07, 2021. Am i eligible to apply for new 18 months work permit extension? did the agent confirm?
Hi, dear
Good to hear that we can apply for SOWP. Can you tell me what documents we need to submit for Spouse Open work Permit?
your reply will be appreciate

Patelkomal

Feb 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-08-2020
AOR Received.
03-11-2020
Med's Done....
14-12-2020
I think you should've attached his letter of employment under your application. I myself just applied for our extension and forgot to attach the letter... so I had to send a webform on behalf of my wife with it attached. Maybe you can do the same and add a letter of explanation along with it?
Good luck...
Hi, I have similar situation I have not attach my employment letter under his client information. what should I do now. please Advice me

Patelkomal

Feb 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-08-2020
AOR Received.
03-11-2020
Med's Done....
14-12-2020
Not yet .. but I am planning to apply as soon as possible ..
Hi,
please share require documents for Spouse open Work permit

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
I have received the $100 and $85 for biometric. You shall get it soon, it might take some days
May I know whether the refund credited back to the account you used to pay for the application or a cheque to your address from IRCC? Also kindly let me know how many days it took for refund after approval email?

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
May I know whether the refund credited back to the account you used to pay for the application or a cheque to your address from IRCC? Also kindly let me know how many days it took for refund after approval email?
I used credit card, so it was refunded in the credit card. It took around 3-4 business days

Last edited:
Reactions: JJAiden

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
My applications for extension (of current valid permits) have just been approved on portal.
Applied: Mar 1
Approval: Mar 16
1 dependent

Last edited:
Reactions: Vinami