+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

whisperedmeticulous

May 9, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html

Who can apply
To be eligible for this open work permit, you must meet the following 5 requirements:

1. Your post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
    1. expired on or after January 30, 2020, or
    2. will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work permit.
  2. You were in Canada as of January 27, 2021, when the public policy took effect, and have stayed in Canada since then.
  3. You either
    1. have a temporary resident status (this could be from having a valid PGWP, visitor record, or another permit that allows you to stay in Canada), or
    2. lost your temporary resident status, but you’ve already applied to restore it, or
    3. lost your temporary resident status, but you’ll apply to restore it at the same time as applying for this open work permit
  4. You include in your application that you’re applying for an open work permit under this public policy.
  5. You have a valid passport.
    1. The work permit will be issued for up to 18 months from the date of approval or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. For example, if your passport is valid for 6 months, then you will be issued an open work permit for 6 months.
    2. To maximize the duration of the open work permit, make sure your passport is valid for at least 18 months from the date of approval.

whisperedmeticulous

May 9, 2020
Work Permits (including extensions)
Fees$CAN
Work permit (including extensions) – per person155
Work permit (including extensions) – per group (3 or more performing artists)
Maximum fee for a group of 3 or more performing artists applying at the same time and place
Open work permit holder100
Restore your status as a worker
Restore your status ($200) and get a new work permit ($155)
Notes:
Work permit maximum group fee:
To qualify, you must be a group of three or more performing artists and their staff, and apply at the same time and place.
If you also need visitor visas (temporary resident visas), you still need to pay for them individually. For visitor visas, the group fee only applies to families.

nvgajera37@gmail.com

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Hi there,

I have confused to choose questions 3 in imm5710e form which is for PGWP extension.

My work permit will expired on March 2021 so which option should I have ti select?

1) An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer or 2) Restoration of your status as a worker.

Thanks in advance.

Soundarrajan

Oct 13, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Primary Ottawa , Secondary : Etobicoke
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-July-2020
AOR Received.
30-August-2020
I have closed WP till dec 2021 and i have also claimed 50 points for offer. My AOR is Aug30. Can i still apply for PGWP?

Ryne26

Jan 27, 2021
Can anyone please share LOR Format or what we soppose to include in that latter under public policy pgwp extension apply??
Thanks in advance.
Just write the line they asked
a letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holderer

Also, what options you get after completing the questionnaire:

Application IMM5710

Supporting documents
Passport
Digital Photo

Optional documents:
Schedule 1 (no need to fill)
Client information( this is where we need to upload the letter)

do you see any option or section other than this?
Also, I guess we need to put our PGWP copy combined with passport in one pdf file

Mrs. Patel

Jan 28, 2021
Hi,

I need assistance, I am trying to apply for WP restoration under new Public Policy. When I answer work permit eligibility question and expiry date as Sept 19, 2020, it say I am not eligible to extend as it has already passed over 90 days of work permit expiry. Please help.
I called CIC to inquire and agent mentioned I am eligible to apply but can't proceed.

Ryne26

Jan 27, 2021
Hi,

I need assistance, I am trying to apply for WP restoration under new Public Policy. When I answer work permit eligibility question and expiry date as Sept 19, 2020, it say I am not eligible to extend as it has already passed over 90 days of work permit expiry. Please help.
I called CIC to inquire and agent mentioned I am eligible to apply but can't proceed.
Use any date between 90 days window.

Reactions: Mrs. Patel

Mrs. Patel

Jan 28, 2021
OK, Thank you but that's wrong date how could I let them know (visa officer) about my original date and explain all situation ?