+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

Mrigyagupta

Mar 16, 2021
Hi, anyone here who was issued with 8-months of PGWP and meets all the requirements? How is the processing of your application for the extension of the open work permit?

I was issued with 8-months PGWP and it expired last July 2020. I meet all the requirements listed in the new public policy. I am just wondering if you have any trouble getting approval for the extension of the PGWP under the new public policy. I feel lucky and at the same time anxious I might get disapproved because I only held an 8-month PGWP.

What documents did you submit? Did you still submit your previous PGWP and Study permit?

Please let me know guys your insights. Thank you.
Has anyone with ONE YEAR PGWP received their extension under the PUBLIC POLICY yet?

If yes, please reply it is urgent! Also, if yes, for how long was it extended?

Reactions: harsh41291

Mr J

Mar 16, 2021
Hi i am on PGWP expiring on june 19 2021
Applied for extension on Feb 20 2021
biometric is done got extension for 4 days till june 22 2021
but still waiting for approval for 18months and i need to travel to India for emergency .
Can i travel ? i do have TRV till June

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Hi i am on PGWP expiring on june 19 2021
Applied for extension on Feb 20 2021
biometric is done got extension for 4 days till june 22 2021
but still waiting for approval for 18months and i need to travel to India for emergency .
Can i travel ? i do have TRV till June
You have an offer letter? I would not travel because they might not allow you in without it and your new work permit. Your old work permit is expiring soon, alone they might not accept you

Reactions: Mr J

Mr J

Mar 16, 2021
You have an offer letter? I would not travel because they might not allow you in without it and your new work permit. Your old work permit is expiring soon, alone they might not accept you
yes i am working right now i can show employement letter and i do have valid pgwp till june. can i travel ?

JessicaSouza

Mar 16, 2021
Hey guys, what have you put under employment information? I am a self-employed, paying taxes, holder of PGWP to expire next month. Should I leave it blank?

Thank for all your answers so far, helped me a lot! The letter of explanation was a life saver!

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Hey guys, what have you put under employment information? I am a self-employed, paying taxes, holder of PGWP to expire next month. Should I leave it blank?

Thank for all your answers so far, helped me a lot! The letter of explanation was a life saver!
Leave blank, it is an open work permit so you dont have to give an employer details

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Thank you!!! Do you think it may affect their decision on my husband's application? I will submit both application together.
If you husband is your dependent, you need to be working in a NOC 0, A or B role in order for him to het his OPW extended. However, depending on the officer, he can get the extension without this requirement. I've seen both cases in treads.