+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exact reason for ineligibility

sujitha

Apr 29, 2015
I have created an EE profile it shows a status that I am ineligible. Got a message in the profile. The following are the details in new message.

Reasons you would not be eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds

I would like to know the exact reason for ineligibility. The following are ma details -
(1)I have done IELTS on 02/Oct/2014, Test result date - 27/10/2014, My scores - Listening - 7.0, Reading - 8.0, Writing - 6.5, Speaking - 7.5, Ma Overall Band Score is - 7.5
(2)ECA report date - Oct 30, 2014, ECA # 2610125IMM
(a) I have done Bachelor of Business Administration the canadian equivalency for the same is Bachelor's Degree ( three years).
(b) I have done Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Management (specialization - Finance & Strategic Managemnt).
The canadian equivalency for the same is Executive Master of Business Administration.
(3) Work History
- Working as Finance Manger from Oct 2012 - till date (2+ years) ( NOC - 0111)
- Worked as assistant manager from Jan 2007 - Aug 2012( 5+ years) ( NOC - 1212)
- Worked as processing officer from Apr 2006 - Dec 2006 9 (0.8)( NOC - 1434)
- Worked as processing officer from Aug 2004 - May 2005 (0.9)( NOC - 1434)
(4) Funds - Number of Family Members (1) Funds available (in Canadian dollars) $20,000.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I find all the parameters relevant and there is no point to make your profile ineligible. Just check if you have entered the dates correctly.

DHM

Apr 17, 2015
This is reflective of a trend: well qualified potential applicants finding themselves ineligible and it being traced to the 67 point FSW requirement. There's clearly an absence of good guidance from CIC on those criteria if so many people are asking the question. It seems to be applicants who are close to the 67 points that are affected most - which suggests to me that in fact and in practice, the requirement might be higher than 67. I also understand that people who entered the pool based on their Canadian work experience are being given ITAs under FSW - even though they would be ineligible for FSW itself. More signs that eligibility is weighted in favour of CEC - which is Canada's prerogative, but just don't try to kid people otherwise.

1984.suman

Apr 9, 2011
sujitha said:
I have created an EE profile it shows a status that I am ineligible. Got a message in the profile. The following are the details in new message.

Reasons you would not be eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds

I would like to know the exact reason for ineligibility. The following are ma details -
(1)I have done IELTS on 02/Oct/2014, Test result date - 27/10/2014, My scores - Listening - 7.0, Reading - 8.0, Writing - 6.5, Speaking - 7.5, Ma Overall Band Score is - 7.5
(2)ECA report date - Oct 30, 2014, ECA # 2610125IMM
(a) I have done Bachelor of Business Administration the canadian equivalency for the same is Bachelor's Degree ( three years).
(b) I have done Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Management (specialization - Finance & Strategic Managemnt).
The canadian equivalency for the same is Executive Master of Business Administration.
(3) Work History
- Working as Finance Manger from Oct 2012 - till date (2+ years) ( NOC - 0111)
- Worked as assistant manager from Jan 2007 - Aug 2012( 5+ years) ( NOC - 1212)
- Worked as processing officer from Apr 2006 - Dec 2006 9 (0.8)( NOC - 1434)
- Worked as processing officer from Aug 2004 - May 2005 (0.9)( NOC - 1434)
(4) Funds - Number of Family Members (1) Funds available (in Canadian dollars) $20,000.
I faced the same problem and found the fix. The system only counts the experience in one NOC for eligibility - the NOC you mentioned as your primary occupation. Please check that you have enough experience in your primary occupation NOC added in your profile.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DHM said:
This is reflective of a trend: well qualified potential applicants finding themselves ineligible and it being traced to the 67 point FSW requirement. There's clearly an absence of good guidance from CIC on those criteria if so many people are asking the question. It seems to be applicants who are close to the 67 points that are affected most - which suggests to me that in fact and in practice, the requirement might be higher than 67. I also understand that people who entered the pool based on their Canadian work experience are being given ITAs under FSW - even though they would be ineligible for FSW itself. More signs that eligibility is weighted in favour of CEC - which is Canada's prerogative, but just don't try to kid people otherwise.
It's true that people who qualify for both FSW and CEC are given FSW invitations - and I am an example of that. But we do have to qualify under FSW!