+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing interview timeline.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi guys. I just got home about an hour ago from my interview appointment in Etobicoke. I'm happy to say I am now a Permanent Resident of Canada as of December 17, 2018 :)
A little bit of my landing experience: After finding parking and heading inside, there was a bit of a queue outside waiting to have their invitation letters checked at the front desk and given a ticket number. We were 15 minutes early. The woman at the front desk asked for my invitation letter and gave us a ticket number. We were asked to sit and watch for our numbers. There were alot of people seated inside. a number of them could have been there for other reasons......especially with our number coming upt 20-25 minutes after we sat. We went to our window where I was asked to present the invitation letter again. I was also asked for my passport and my two permanent residence photos. She also asked my wife and sponsor for her photo ID and proof of address. I handed her our rental agreement and also a copy of our joint bank account. The address on my wife's driver's license is still in her previous address so the woman asked her why isn't your address the same as your current address? She explained to her that she didn't change her address due to auto insurance reasons which the woman said she understands. The officer proceeded to ask her if she had anything else that shows her current address? None of you have drivers license showing your current address? We said no. She then took up our rental agreement and flipped through the pages, looked at her computer for about a minute, got up and went to the back and came back in less than a minute with two printed copies of my Confirmation of Permanent Residence and gave me a copy and asked me to read it and make sure that the information on it was correct especially with the spellings of things like name and addresses which I did. She then stuck one photo to each sheet and said you are now a permanent resident of Canada. She asked me if I was convicted of any crime both in Canada or anywhere else. She also asked me if I had any dependents or kids that I didn't declare? The answers were no. She then asked me to initial both answers, sign at the bottom and and date on both sheets. She then read my rights and privileges as a permanent resident and gave me a leaflet to keep and read. She told me that my PR card will be sent to my address within 8-10 weeks and also told me to apply for OHIP. She also stated that I could now go and get my SIN changed by going to Service Canada just down the hall and this concludes my experience. I hope my experience will help someone be even more better prepared. In my oppinion a rental agreement should carry alot of weight. The address on a drivers license can easily be changed without proof and a revised copy sent to you in the mail but even with the rental agreement and joint back account statement she would have preferred that the address reflected her current address which I personally agree with but all went well in the end and everything else was simple and smooth. My advice is that whenever you go make sure whatever government issued photo ID and other supporting document that either you or your sponsor have to show or present that they all reflect your current address.
Thank you for mentioned all these details,it’s really helpful. Best of luck to the rest of us , hope we get it soon

Reactions: GReaper

aliali334

Oct 3, 2017
Hi

How many photo IDs we have to provide? And if spouse is oversease will they ask for her ID, Photos or something?

Hi guys. I just got home about an hour ago from my interview appointment in Etobicoke. I'm happy to say I am now a Permanent Resident of Canada as of December 17, 2018 :)
A little bit of my landing experience: After finding parking and heading inside, there was a bit of a queue outside waiting to have their invitation letters checked at the front desk and given a ticket number. We were 15 minutes early. The woman at the front desk asked for my invitation letter and gave us a ticket number. We were asked to sit and watch for our numbers. There were alot of people seated inside. a number of them could have been there for other reasons......especially with our number coming upt 20-25 minutes after we sat. We went to our window where I was asked to present the invitation letter again. I was also asked for my passport and my two permanent residence photos. She also asked my wife and sponsor for her photo ID and proof of address. I handed her our rental agreement and also a copy of our joint bank account. The address on my wife's driver's license is still in her previous address so the woman asked her why isn't your address the same as your current address? She explained to her that she didn't change her address due to auto insurance reasons which the woman said she understands. The officer proceeded to ask her if she had anything else that shows her current address? None of you have drivers license showing your current address? We said no. She then took up our rental agreement and flipped through the pages, looked at her computer for about a minute, got up and went to the back and came back in less than a minute with two printed copies of my Confirmation of Permanent Residence and gave me a copy and asked me to read it and make sure that the information on it was correct especially with the spellings of things like name and addresses which I did. She then stuck one photo to each sheet and said you are now a permanent resident of Canada. She asked me if I was convicted of any crime both in Canada or anywhere else. She also asked me if I had any dependents or kids that I didn't declare? The answers were no. She then asked me to initial both answers, sign at the bottom and and date on both sheets. She then read my rights and privileges as a permanent resident and gave me a leaflet to keep and read. She told me that my PR card will be sent to my address within 8-10 weeks and also told me to apply for OHIP. She also stated that I could now go and get my SIN changed by going to Service Canada just down the hall and this concludes my experience. I hope my experience will help someone be even more better prepared. In my oppinion a rental agreement should carry alot of weight. The address on a drivers license can easily be changed without proof and a revised copy sent to you in the mail but even with the rental agreement and joint back account statement she would have preferred that the address reflected her current address which I personally agree with but all went well in the end and everything else was simple and smooth. My advice is that whenever you go make sure whatever government issued photo ID and other supporting document that either you or your sponsor have to show or present that they all reflect your current address.

GReaper

Aug 9, 2017
Thank you for mentioned all these details,it’s really helpful. Best of luck to the rest of us , hope we get it soon
You're welcome. You have to remember that everybody's case and circumstance are a bit different and not the same and the officers are not the same either and they will assess things differently. So you have to go fully prepared and sorted out so whichever officer you end up going to it's a straight PR.
Hi

How many photo IDs we have to provide? And if spouse is oversease will they ask for her ID, Photos or something?
The process is a bit different from applican't that applied inland vs applicants who applied outland. I will be better able to answer you if I knew whether your spouse is the applicant or the sponsor.

aliali334

Oct 3, 2017
You're welcome. You have to remember that everybody's case and circumstance are a bit different and not the same and the officers are not the same either and they will assess things differently. So you have to go fully prepared and sorted out so whichever officer you end up going to it's a straight PR.

The process is a bit different from applican't that applied inland vs applicants who applied outland. I will be better able to answer you if I knew whether your spouse is the applicant or the sponsor.
I am inland applicant and my spouse is oversease.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
okay thanks, why i want to know is i got a DM on october 19th so far i havent gottten an interview that why ?
She was applied for Provincial Nominee Program from outside Canada as I understand from her messages , usually it takes one month to get letter for landing date but it depends on the office if it’s busy also we are in the end of the year christmas and new year holidays start so don’t worry , by next month you’ll get it , keep it up

barcelona10

Apr 6, 2017
Hi Guys,
Got my DM on November 6th, and still waiting for landing interview letter; it is almost 8 weeks
Any explanation or guidance why it takes that long?

Juk11

Star Member
May 22, 2018
I have requested for landing interview on 20th dec 18 and waiting.
Anyone got appointment recently? Please share timelines.

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Hi,
Can somebody who already received the landing appointment letter tell me what are all the documents mentioned in the letter?
documents / proofs to get on the day of landing?
Thank you very much in advance.

Dhejy25

Dec 23, 2017
Hello guys, I am pleased to inform all that as of yesterday 09/01/2019, I am officially a permanent resident of Canada. I got my DM on the 7th of December 2018 and landing interview update on the 19th of December 2018. Had my interview on 09/01/2019 and became PR holder at exactly 11:32am. The whole process was approximately 20 minutes. I wish everyone still waiting for DM or interview update all the very best. Do not lose hope as it could be frustrating at times. Patience is virtue.

barcelona10

Apr 6, 2017
Hi Guys,
I had me landing interview this morning and everything went on smoothly
DM: November 06 2018
Landing : January 16 2019

Note: I didn't receive landing interview email. my advise is if you don't receive an email about your landing interview schedule for 4 weeks, you need to call CIC.
CIC lady told my that my 1st interview date was for December 4th and then it is scheduled from January 16(even for this date, no email has been sent)

wish you all the best