Rima73

Dec 3, 2018
Yes they are overseas.
Application was March 2017
Started process on April 2018
Medical request in May 2018
Decision Made in November 23

Waiting for landing interview.

Does the decision means spouse and all children are accepted as depantants despite their age

Rima73

Dec 3, 2018
Are they overseas?? please your time line
Yes their are...
Application March 2017
Processing April 2017
Medical May 2018
Decision Made November 23

On the decision letter my spouse and dependants children were included

Waiting for landing appointment.
Does this mean my depantants children are accepted despite their age

GReaper

Aug 9, 2017
Hello all, I noticed some people asking about their passports or the RFPR fee and some confusion around it, I just received my appointmet letter a few days ago and it specifically says that you are not required to have your passport or pay that fee.

Appointment letter:
Dear client(s),

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for: XXXXXXXX

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passports at the landing interview, unless these have been seized by IRCC or CBSA. Seized documents will be requested by this office prior to the date of your interview. No action is required on your part.

You must attend the interview with the following:

Ø All of your dependants in Canada if they are included in this application

Ø Your own interpreter, if required

Ø Documents issued to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Ø If you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class

o Your sponsor must be present

o You must provide evidence of cohabitation

Ø Two (2) photos for each person on this application taken within the last 6 months

Ø Proof you have paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. This fee is not required for minors or Convention Refugees.

o If you have not yet paid this fee, you must do so on-line at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

IMPORTANT NOTE: Payments will not be accepted at local office on the day of your appointment. You MUST make this payment a minimum of 7 business days before your scheduled interview. You must also bring the receipt with you to the interview or this appointment will be re-scheduled.

Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed.

Hope this helps someone.

I'm not sure what you were trying to prove but your letter does state the complete opposite of what you said. "All applicants must provide their original valid passports at the landing interview, unless these have been seized by IRCC or CBSA. Seized documents will be requested by this office prior to the date of your interview. No action is required on your part." So a passport is required. Secondly you CANNOT get Permanent Residency if the RFPR has not been paid. You will be directed to pay it at a cashier at the interview if you did not pay this fee upfront when you initially submitted your application. Failure to do so will have your application denied and closed.

I got my interview letter today and it does state that I have to bring in a valid original passport as well as show proof that the RFPR fee was paid which I noticed my lawyer had also included in my email as an attachment to bring in. If people should follow your advice they will face having their applications denied and they may not get an interview that is rescheduled.

GReaper

Aug 9, 2017
So I finally got my Interview letter today. However, one of the things included on the letter is that my sponsor has to be present for the interview. They require that she shows photo identification and proof of address. The proof of address is not an issue. My concern is her surname on her driver's license is not the same as her surname at the time of application. Does anyone know if this will be an issue or a matter of Identity concern?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Yes their are...
Application March 2017
Processing April 2017
Medical May 2018
Decision Made November 23

On the decision letter my spouse and dependants children were included

Waiting for landing appointment.
Does this mean my depantants children are accepted despite their age
As long they were included so they’ll be contacted by abroad office and normally they’ll get visa after 3-4months from your landing interview

Rima73

Dec 3, 2018
As long they were included so they’ll be contacted by abroad office and normally they’ll get visa after 3-4months from your landing interview
Thank you for the information.

So it means if they included all deoendants on the first letter that details of information that has to be send to the office aboard they accept all of them.

cavad

Jul 31, 2017
My husband (inland) received DM in November and i got medical and police requests and send application and all wanted documents in November. It is my husbands interview on December 10. When i can get visa? Do i need additional 3 4 months? What stages are waiting us?

khansatariq

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
Hello there,

Does anyone have an email ID for the IRCC Etobicoke office? A generic one, not necessarily for landing. Would be grateful if anyone can share. Thanks!

GReaper

Aug 9, 2017
Please let us know how it goes.... Good luck
Hi guys. I just got home about an hour ago from my interview appointment in Etobicoke. I'm happy to say I am now a Permanent Resident of Canada as of December 17, 2018 :)
A little bit of my landing experience: After finding parking and heading inside, there was a bit of a queue outside waiting to have their invitation letters checked at the front desk and given a ticket number. We were 15 minutes early. The woman at the front desk asked for my invitation letter and gave us a ticket number. We were asked to sit and watch for our numbers. There were alot of people seated inside. a number of them could have been there for other reasons......especially with our number coming upt 20-25 minutes after we sat. We went to our window where I was asked to present the invitation letter again. I was also asked for my passport and my two permanent residence photos. She also asked my wife and sponsor for her photo ID and proof of address. I handed her our rental agreement and also a copy of our joint bank account. The address on my wife's driver's license is still in her previous address so the woman asked her why isn't your address the same as your current address? She explained to her that she didn't change her address due to auto insurance reasons which the woman said she understands. The officer proceeded to ask her if she had anything else that shows her current address? None of you have drivers license showing your current address? We said no. She then took up our rental agreement and flipped through the pages, looked at her computer for about a minute, got up and went to the back and came back in less than a minute with two printed copies of my Confirmation of Permanent Residence and gave me a copy and asked me to read it and make sure that the information on it was correct especially with the spellings of things like name and addresses which I did. She then stuck one photo to each sheet and said you are now a permanent resident of Canada. She asked me if I was convicted of any crime both in Canada or anywhere else. She also asked me if I had any dependents or kids that I didn't declare? The answers were no. She then asked me to initial both answers, sign at the bottom and and date on both sheets. She then read my rights and privileges as a permanent resident and gave me a leaflet to keep and read. She told me that my PR card will be sent to my address within 8-10 weeks and also told me to apply for OHIP. She also stated that I could now go and get my SIN changed by going to Service Canada just down the hall and this concludes my experience. I hope my experience will help someone be even more better prepared. In my oppinion a rental agreement should carry alot of weight. The address on a drivers license can easily be changed without proof and a revised copy sent to you in the mail but even with the rental agreement and joint back account statement she would have preferred that the address reflected her current address which I personally agree with but all went well in the end and everything else was simple and smooth. My advice is that whenever you go make sure whatever government issued photo ID and other supporting document that either you or your sponsor have to show or present that they all reflect your current address.