+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing interview timeline.

rockydirt

Feb 2, 2018
Hi
what is the meaning of this email?

Dear Client,
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that is scheduled for . Your interview will be conducted at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke) (Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs) 5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5 Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West
Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:
 Your passport
o You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status.
o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.
 Two photographs for your permanent resident card
o Permanent resident card photograph specifications are listed on the following page.
o We will not process photographs that do not meet our specifications.
 Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.
 Your in-Canada dependent(s), only if you have included them in your permanent residence application
o Your dependent(s) must also bring their passport and photographs, as well as their SIN if in possession of one.
 Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class
o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.
 Your own interpreter, only if you require one as necessary
o Please note that we only provide service in English and French.
Instructions for Convention refugees, their dependents and other individuals with seized documents
 You must also provide the certified copies of all seized documents and your Notice of Seizure form. If you are unable to provide those documents, you may present any 2 of the following items, which must be issued by the government of your country of citizenship, nationality or last permanent residence:
o passport or travel document, national identification card, driver’s license, birth certificate/family record book, voter ID card/military ID card, Statutory Declaration (if accepted).
Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) Payment
 The Right of Permanent Resident Fee is $490.00. Please note that only Convention refugees do not have to pay this fee.
 We do not accept payments at our office. Please make your payment online at https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do
 If you have not already paid the fee, please ensure you do so at least 72 hours prior to the interview.
 Please bring your payment receipt to the interview. We will need to confirm your fee payment to finalize your application.

Hi, I got similar request today, can you tell what kind of questions they asked you?

John_Play

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
For anyone who is waiting for etobicoke email. Honestly i am so shocked! Here is my experience. Got pr approval email on july 31. Then email than etobicoke will contact me. Okay. Waiting for 2 weeks i got fed up, i emailed etobicoke landing yesterday and today i got an email that I MISSED MY LANDING APPOINTMENT ON AUG 3RD. APPARENTLY THEY CALLED AND SCHEDULED BUT I NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING. SO FRUSTRATED. SO THEY EMAILED ME THAT I got rescheduled for aug 23 8 am. I guess this happens often and they rescheduled right away. Plz if you are waiting for more than a week, do yourself a favor and email landing etobicoke email and they will tell you whats happening! Good luck
It has been a week since my spouse has received Passport request. However am yet to schedule for a landing appointment

John_Play

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
My interview at Etobicoke was scheduled for today. I am happy to inform all that I finally got my PR. :)
Although the mail mentioned it as an interview, but it was nothing like one. It was landing actually. I am not sure why did I did not get the typical 'passport request' email for PPR and was directly called for Landing by IRCC Etobicoke.

But here is my new concern. I really hope that somebody from this forum would be able to help me out for this. :(

Usually people get the passport request email and passports are submitted for all the applicants (including dependents not in Canada right now).However, as mentioned I did not get this email and was directly called for landing interview.
How is my spouse who is in India currently going to get his Visa to enter Canada?
I do not have any PPR email based on which my spouse can submit his passport.

I called the IRCC helpline and inquired for same. However the lady did not seem to be too sure herself. She said you 'might' get it soon. She did not seem to be clear about this whole new process thing,

Please help!! Will I get a separate passport request mail for my spouse? Is there anything that I can do to followup?

Thanks in advance.
Exactly similar case as yours!! However for me, my dependent applicant has got Passport request first. On the next day, I received an email from IRCC Winnipeg "Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada, Etobicoke, will be contacting you with the day you are to attend their office for your final interview to become a permanent resident of Canada. As your dependent is overseas she will be required to send in her passport into the required visa office in order for IRCC to issue her confirmation of permanent resident document and visa".

Am yet to schedule for a landing appointment. Do I need to follow up for landing appointment?

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
It has been a week since my spouse has received Passport request. However am yet to schedule for a landing appointment
Sorry I have a question, as a refugee, they have took our passports when we first claimed refugee protection, so what are we supposed to give them when they request a passport during the PR process?

Sameerabutt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Exactly similar case as yours!! However for me, my dependent applicant has got Passport request first. On the next day, I received an email from IRCC Winnipeg "Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada, Etobicoke, will be contacting you with the day you are to attend their office for your final interview to become a permanent resident of Canada. As your dependent is overseas she will be required to send in her passport into the required visa office in order for IRCC to issue her confirmation of permanent resident document and visa".

Am yet to schedule for a landing appointment. Do I need to follow up for landing appointment?
Can you send me email address for Etobicoke ??? I mean after getting dm where we have to contact for landing interview??? Let me know email address n ph ???

John_Play

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Can you send me email address for Etobicoke ??? I mean after getting dm where we have to contact for landing interview??? Let me know email address n ph ???
Actually I don't have. I have received email from IRCC Winnipeg. May I know how do you confirm DM in general?

Sameerabutt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
No
Actually I don't have. I have received email from IRCC Winnipeg. May I know how do you confirm DM in general?
experience. I m waiting for DM. Received 2nd medical by IRCC in June 2018. I m waiting for the DM n schedule appointment for landing papers

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
hi guys,i just apply for refugee and i will have the first interview on 3th oct,do you know what kind of questions they will ask in the first interview(its not hearing just interview which they will give me ID)

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
hi guys,i just apply for refugee and i will have the first interview on 3th oct,do you know what kind of questions they will ask in the first interview(its not hearing just interview which they will give me ID)
When did you arrive Canada? When did you make your claim?

Reactions: hamasi

seeking light

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi
I got DM( approval in principle) on 4 July 2018. I haven't received any email for landing interview yet from Edmonton office. Any idea how long it will take? I see on forum it take 1-2 weeks in Etobicoke office. Please share and advise