+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing Experience March 2019

Sully_McGregor

Feb 21, 2018
Hi Farooq,

I have sent the request for booking of appointment and get below response from them. I have given them this information in my request

Current Status: Visitor(Super Visa)
Expiry of authorized stay : xxx
Name: xxx
Date of Birth: xxx
UCI: xxx
Application Number: xxx
Address: xxx
COPR Expiry Date: xxx
Visit Visa Expiry Date: xxx

But got below response from them twice :
  • Your current valid status in Canada (visitor, student, worker),
  • The length of your authorized stay. It can be verified through:
    • the expiry date on your immigration document,
    • the handwritten date under the stamp in your passport, or
    • if there is no handwritten date under the stamp in your passport, your TR (supervisa) status will expire 2 years from the day you arrived in Canada, and
  • That you wish to confirm your PR status at your local office.
Can someone please tell me , what am I missing here ? Thanks !
Did you eventually get sorted out with an appointment?
I used farooqm suggested format exactly and got the same response from them as you so I would be interested to know what information you eventually provided to get the appointment

EllieTran

Oct 28, 2019
Did you eventually get sorted out with an appointment?
I used farooqm suggested format exactly and got the same response from them as you so I would be interested to know what information you eventually provided to get the appointment
Thanks U a lot for ur replying.
I signed on COPR document on 30 August at Etobicoke office. I got SIN right on 30 August - next door. I applied OHIP at Ontario Service on 30 August cos I had COPR document.

Now I am waiting for PR card from 30 August to now - nearly 3 months. Although I called 3 times . They said I have to wait for delivering in my add mail.

I am waiting for my OHIP . They said my OHIP ll send in my mail within 3 months. So I guess and I hope I can receive on time. Means 1 st of December 2019.

Can U tell me what I have to do now?. I feel really tired as calling many time to agent for asking. It s look like I m bothering them. Cos they said my PR card is ok. I have to wait for deliver in my mail.

rcanzy

Mar 28, 2019
I complete my landing at Etobicoke office on Oct, 5th. i waited for close to 3 months to get an appointment and want to share some learning.

As per the COPR document i called the IRCC number which instructed me to send an email for landing appointment. i did exactly what was instructed by automated helpline and I received automated reply which says that will get appointment in 30 days.

After 30 days when i followed up with agent over phone they asked me to wait for 6 weeks for Etobicoke appointment. Again i waited for 6 weeks

After 6 weeks when i followed up with agent they escalated the case and sent a note to office that 6 weeks are already passed and appointment is not yet set. Now agent asked me to wait for 30 days for office to take action on a note sent by agent.

It was around 20 days(+ 6 weeks) passed when no action was taken one of the agent told me that i can even follow up over web form. So i did the same and sent a Web form request. Within 5 days i received a response of webform that respective office has been notified and they will contact me soon.

And finally after 6 weeks + 21 days i got the appointment email.

From all above timelines and experience this is what i learnt,

Don't book an appointment over email. Instead call agent and asked them to setup an appointment. The reason I believe this is fast because 2 of my friends they booked an appointment through agent and did not send an email and got the appointment within 2 days. Even though their COPR expiry was very similar to mine.

Don't wait any longer after 6 weeks and raise web form. I am not sure but somehow i believe that my appointment was setup due to my followup over web form and not because followup of an agent.

Hope this helps and good luck to everyone waiting for their PR
Which combination of numbers did you used when calling IRCC in order to reach out to an agent?

ishap

Mar 26, 2019
Hi everyone,
I submitted my passport on 6th and it reached on the 8th. I still havent received my stamped passport and COPR. My work permit expires on 14th December. Is it possible to get an appointment with CIC before 14th? or corssing the border is only option left for me?

trihuynh

Jan 7, 2017
Thanks U a lot for ur replying.
I signed on COPR document on 30 August at Etobicoke office. I got SIN right on 30 August - next door. I applied OHIP at Ontario Service on 30 August cos I had COPR document.

Now I am waiting for PR card from 30 August to now - nearly 3 months. Although I called 3 times . They said I have to wait for delivering in my add mail.

I am waiting for my OHIP . They said my OHIP ll send in my mail within 3 months. So I guess and I hope I can receive on time. Means 1 st of December 2019.

Can U tell me what I have to do now?. I feel really tired as calling many time to agent for asking. It s look like I m bothering them. Cos they said my PR card is ok. I have to wait for deliver in my mail.
Happened to me before. My landing at Etobicoke was before yours 2 days, then it took about 2 weeks before I received notification on myCIC account that my card was mailed out. Never received that in my mailbox, so I had to contact CIC to check on this issue. The agent told me to wait for 6 weeks from the date the card was mailed out before I could file a solemn of declaration so that they could reissue me a new one. I did file the solemn at end of Oct and just got my card last Friday. It takes time, especially toward Christmas as people realize they have to renew their card before holiday travel.

Reactions: EllieTran

EllieTran

Oct 28, 2019
Happened to me before. My landing at Etobicoke was before yours 2 days, then it took about 2 weeks before I received notification on myCIC account that my card was mailed out. Never received that in my mailbox, so I had to contact CIC to check on this issue. The agent told me to wait for 6 weeks from the date the card was mailed out before I could file a solemn of declaration so that they could reissue me a new one. I did file the solemn at end of Oct and just got my card last Friday. It takes time, especially toward Christmas as people realize they have to renew their card before holiday travel.
Yes, someone told the same like U, “ especially Christmas “.

Finally, after my application from submited to approved at last Saturday. Today is Friday, after checked mail box and I got my PR card and health care at 2pm on today. I’m so happy.
I HOPE EVERYONE LL RECIECE
CARD ASAP
BEST THINGS TO ALL❤❤

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Sent interview request on nov 26. No reply yet
Hi it will take atleast 10 days for the reply... In their return acknowledgement (no reply) mail it very clearly says they will revert within 30 days... I have sent a request on 1st Dec :)

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hi everyone,
I submitted my passport on 6th and it reached on the 8th. I still havent received my stamped passport and COPR. My work permit expires on 14th December. Is it possible to get an appointment with CIC before 14th? or corssing the border is only option left for me?
Has your CIC account got updated as APPROVED, that's the first step... from there on within 4 working days you will get it

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Completed my Landing at Etobicoke office yesterday.... Wait time was a bit longer. Perhaps my appointment was at 1:00PM and the wait was spilling from lunch time. When I reached, it was only one window for Landing but after 1:20 there were 4-5 windows and the queue was running much faster.

Just a suggestion to people who are yet to do the landing: If you find any mistakes in your COPR, it is easier if you put a post-it on the COPR and write the correction details on the Post-it. That ways your work will be fast and Agent's work will be easier! I saw a couple before me they were searching for the dates in passport stamps and then the stamp did not have "Day" printed clearly but Month and year was clear...

NOTE: DO NOT write anything on COPR. Just make note of changes on a note or Post-it and keep it with COPR.

I had done that and Agent was very pleased and said I can wait for 5 minutes while she corrects changes to COPR for us(3 people=6 COPRS)..After that it was quick for us..just 2 questions, initials and sign.

Get SIN updated next door at Service Canada!

Remember to update your Employer and Banks with new permanent SIN. Though CRA is updated with New SIN, you should always call them and verify in a week's time after you get the SIN.

Parents with Children: You can get SIN for your child as well while at Service Canada. They just need child's COPR and Passport. If child is born in Canada, they need Birth Certificate. This would save you another trip to Service Canada.
Hey
where did you send the email and with what information ? we have received the passports and COPR. Want to make sure we go the faster route.

Do I call them to book an appointment with the agent or just send an email ?>

Thanks,

bubai

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Hi everyone,
i have submitted the request for Landing interview at (ON) on 26th NOV, no response yet. They normally say to expect a response by 30 days, howeveer what is the realistic time to get a intervirew date.

SlicedBread

Jun 16, 2015
Hi everyone,
i have submitted the request for Landing interview at (ON) on 26th NOV, no response yet. They normally say to expect a response by 30 days, howeveer what is the realistic time to get a intervirew date.
I submitted my request on November 4 and still no response as yet if that helps ...

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
just a quick question. We are the application of two people (my spouse)

Let's say I receive a COPR back but I need to go air travel by myself...when i come back to Canada, can I use my work permit to enter Canada without landing? *Cuz my spouse is not with me" ....we will go landing together in a future date