+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing Experience March 2019

ashrock

Jul 3, 2019
I got the COPR and am waiting for an appointment from last 10 weeks. Not sure whats wrong here. Agent says 6 weeks is wait time but now 10 weeks already passed.

nile_a

Jul 11, 2019
Landing appointment scheduled for Sep-27-2019.

(CEC-Inland; CPC-Edmonton)
PPR: Sep-06-2019
Date Passport Delivered at Ottawa: Sep-10-2019
Date Passport/COPR received: Sep-20-2019

Emailed to request landing at IRCC Etobicoke today. Got a response an hour later with my landing appointment scheduled for Sep-27-2019.

farooqm78

Dec 9, 2018
Good Afternoon Everyone,

So my mom did her landing interview this morning at Etobicoke IRCC Center. It was busy but the process was pretty smooth and without any issues. She became a permanent resident of Canada just in time for lunch!

Best of luck to everyone else in the process of getting their loved ones landed.

nile_a

Jul 11, 2019
Landing Interview done today.

Date Passport Sent to Ottawa: Sep-09-2019
Date Passport Delivered at Ottawa: Sep-10-2019
Date Application Approved: Sep-16-2019
Date Visa Printed On Passport: Sep-16-2019 (COPR Expiry: Mar-31-2020)
Return tracker activated date: Sep-19-2019
Date Passport/COPR received: Sep-20-2019
Landing Interview at IRCC Etobicoke: Sep-27-2019

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi,

I sent an email requesting an appt on Sept. 24, and they answered me on Sept. 27. They booked me on Oct. 3rd at 3pm.

I saw that the majority of people is booked at 11am and they get there early. What time do you guys suggest me to go there? I would like to go early in the morning..does anyone knows if there is any problem going at 9am and the appt is afternoon?

Thanks in advance =)

Reactions: inq_54

nile_a

Jul 11, 2019
Hi,

I sent an email requesting an appt on Sept. 24, and they answered me on Sept. 27. They booked me on Oct. 3rd at 3pm.

I saw that the majority of people is booked at 11am and they get there early. What time do you guys suggest me to go there? I would like to go early in the morning..does anyone knows if there is any problem going at 9am and the appt is afternoon?

Thanks in advance =)
@ladyday
My appointment was on Sep 27 at 3pm as well. I reached the office at 2:15pm and let them know at the visitor's desk that I was there for landing interview at 3pm. They immediately gave me a token and it showed up instantly on the display to go to the counter 8. So there was no waiting for me although there were atleast 25 people sitting and sitting for their token numbers to show up. Went to the counter at 2:20pm and the conversation and checking the documents started for me and my spouse. After those regular questions were asked and information she entered in the system, she congratulated you both became a PR at 2:38pm :)

So yes, everything was done even before my appointment at 3pm. The other people waiting were there for different reasons.

It gave me enough time to change my SIN at the Service Canada office beside IRCC. It closes at 4pm and I had to wait for 10mins for them to call me.

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
@ladyday
My appointment was on Sep 27 at 3pm as well. I reached the office at 2:15pm and let them know at the visitor's desk that I was there for landing interview at 3pm. They immediately gave me a token and it showed up instantly on the display to go to the counter 8. So there was no waiting for me although there were atleast 25 people sitting and sitting for their token numbers to show up. Went to the counter at 2:20pm and the conversation and checking the documents started for me and my spouse. After those regular questions were asked and information she entered in the system, she congratulated you both became a PR at 2:38pm :)

So yes, everything was done even before my appointment at 3pm. The other people waiting were there for different reasons.

It gave me enough time to change my SIN at the Service Canada office beside IRCC. It closes at 4pm and I had to wait for 10mins for them to call me.
Thank you so much for your help.

Congratulations and good luck =)

ashrock

Jul 3, 2019
Finally got an email for inland interview for this Saturday Oct 5 @ 11.30 am.

I have been waiting from 11 weeks. I sent an email on 16th July 2018.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Finally got an email for inland interview for this Saturday Oct 5 @ 11.30 am.

I have been waiting from 11 weeks. I sent an email on 16th July 2018.
Saturday! I didn't know they work Saturdays too...
Can i propose that my interview be scheduled for Saturday?

Last edited:

CeceParks

Jul 30, 2019
Update on my timeline

July 20th : request for interview (I specified in bold letters that my current temporary status was expired and that I was at the moment on implied status)
July 20th : automatic answer
July 26th : Confirmation of interview August 1st at the Etobicoke office
August 1st : Interview
August 16th: PR card received

My interview was scheduled at 1pm, I wanted to go earlier like everyone advised but I couldn't due to work, so I got there at 1pm on the dot!
I gave my information at the reception and then I was given a number.
I had to wait maybe 30 min before my number was called, and then the landing itself was less than 10 minutes: she asked if my entry dates were correct (they were not so she changed them and had me put my initials to sign the changes), and if i had committed a criminal offense in Canada. Then she asked if I was satisfied with the photos i had previously sent or if I wanted to replace them with the photos I brought that day. I told her the ones she got were fine, she congratulated me on my PR and I was off.

After that I went to Service Canada to get a new SIN, after lunch hours were so super busy, I think I waited an hour there...

Overall I think everything went pretty smoothly :D

Elyssa

Jun 7, 2019
Hi, i didn't wait for the interview anymore because it's been 3 months! and just crossed the border, do you have any idea if the interview will be automatically cancelled since i already landed, or do i have to inform them?

Another one, how many days to receive pr card? Thanks in advance !

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Quick Question: Is the expiry date on COPR same as what was shown in the CIC account when application was approved? I was planning to send the request for interview before i get the passports back..

Thanks a lot for your response in advance.

ashrock

Jul 3, 2019
Quick Question: Is the expiry date on COPR same as what was shown in the CIC account when application was approved? I was planning to send the request for interview before i get the passports back..

Thanks a lot for your response in advance.
Yes. If you application is approved online then refer to "Expiry date". that is same date as your COPR expiry date