+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing Experience March 2019

hakweye

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Any one who completed landing in last week of August has received PR card ? Please publish your timeline. Thanks.

Eduardo F

Aug 21, 2019
Hi
I received the LMIA positive letter. My visitor visa ( extended) expires at December 30.
I just have some questions, It will be great if someone help me.
I planning to go to boarder at Niagara next week.
How can I know if I need a medical exam? If yes, I have to do before or after pole flagging?
Does they ask any documents beyond the approved LMIA letter, job offer contract and passport?
I’m afraid that they ask me to proof of funds as I almost don’t have more money.

Thanks, guys!

farooqm78

Dec 9, 2018
Afternoon All,

I just sent a request for appointment for my Mom's COPR Validation. I got the automated confirmation that they will respond back within 30 days. I just have a question of how long people have been waiting for the appointment confirmation? We live in Mississauga and is it only the Etobicoke Office that does the validation for the COPR in the GTA region.

My Mom is here on a Parent Super Visa and both her COPR and Temporary Resident Visa expire in September 2020. Will this long time until expiry affect the time they make us wait for the appointment?

Any insights on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Just got confirmation of interview appointment at IRCC Etobicoke for September 23, 2019. So about two weeks from when we requested the interview appointment. The process has been very smooth so far.

mfarooq

Mar 28, 2014
Just got confirmation of interview appointment at IRCC Etobicoke for September 23, 2019. So about two weeks from when we requested the interview appointment. The process has been very smooth so far.
Hi Farooq,

I have sent the request for booking of appointment and get below response from them. I have given them this information in my request

Current Status: Visitor(Super Visa)
Expiry of authorized stay : xxx
Name: xxx
Date of Birth: xxx
UCI: xxx
Application Number: xxx
Address: xxx
COPR Expiry Date: xxx
Visit Visa Expiry Date: xxx

But got below response from them twice :
  • Your current valid status in Canada (visitor, student, worker),
  • The length of your authorized stay. It can be verified through:
    • the expiry date on your immigration document,
    • the handwritten date under the stamp in your passport, or
    • if there is no handwritten date under the stamp in your passport, your TR (supervisa) status will expire 2 years from the day you arrived in Canada, and
  • That you wish to confirm your PR status at your local office.
Can someone please tell me , what am I missing here ? Thanks !

farooqm78

Dec 9, 2018
Hi Farooq,

I have sent the request for booking of appointment and get below response from them. I have given them this information in my request

• if there is no handwritten date under the stamp in your passport, your TR (supervisa) status will expire 2 years from the day you arrived in Canada, and

I am at work at the moment. I will reply once I am back home later tonight.

farooqm78

Dec 9, 2018
Hi Farooq,

OK here is the text of the e-mail I sent to them (see below) and like I mentioned before, I sent the email requesting an appointment on Sept. 9th and got a reply from them on Sept. 16th with a letter confirming the appointment for Sept. 23rd. May be send them the e-mail in this format. I hope this helps.

--------
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have just received my Confirmation of Permanent Residence from the case processing center in Ottawa. As per the instructions enclosed I am contacting IRCC to get an appointment for validating my Confirmation of Permanent Residence, as I am already in Canada on a Parent/Grand Parent Super Visa. Please find below the details requested:

Name: XXXX, XXX
Date of Birth: XXXX-XX-XX
UCI: XXXX-XXXX
Application No.: XXXXXXXXXX
Residential Address: XXXXXXXX, XXXX, ON, XXX XXX
Expiry Date of Confirmation of Permanent Residence: XXXX-XX-XX
Expiry Date of Temporary Resident Status in Canada: XXXX-XX-XX

I would like to humbly request that you give me the earliest possible appointment date to validate my Confirmation of Permanent Residence. I thank you for your assistance in this regards.

Sincerely,
XXXX
---------

Reactions: inq_54 and mfarooq

Kelly7480

Aug 26, 2019
Any one who completed landing in last week of August has received PR card ? Please publish your timeline. Thanks.
Had interview on August 26th and still waiting for PR card in the mail. Slightly disappointing as CIC website said processing time for first PR card was 12 days. Will update (hopefully soon!)

aaeahmed

Sep 6, 2018
Had interview on August 26th and still waiting for PR card in the mail. Slightly disappointing as CIC website said processing time for first PR card was 12 days. Will update (hopefully soon!)
same for me a landing interview on Aug 30th and no news after that. even I linked my online account and still shows submitted and not processed.

farooqm78

Dec 9, 2018
In my experience the PR Card can take up to a month or so to arrive. I just went on the IRCC website and the processing time is showing as 14 days as of today. Which mean 14 working days and not counting weekends. Also the cards are processed in Sydney, Nova Scotia, so you will have to account for a couple of days transit in the mail if you live in another province.

Reactions: Kelly7480

Kelly7480

Aug 26, 2019
So just received my PR card in the mail today! Just took over 3 weeks from my landing interview.
@farooqm78 Thanks for your reply, I didn't take into consideration business days so that makes a lot of sense. Also didn't realise they were processed in Nova Scotia!

Reactions: EllieTran

vamsi450

Jun 18, 2012
hey !!! i didnt get copr... but i have landing interview at etobicoke.. what does this mean.. please reply
I didnt get COPR either I received a letter saying corresponding landing office will contact you shortly. This is my 9th week still waiting for an appointment from Etobicoke office. Did you requested for appointment or they sent you direct appointment for Landing?

Can you please share your experience?

vamsi450

Jun 18, 2012
Hey i have appointment at etobicoke on sept 6... I didn’t receive any copr but one mail suggesting that I have landing appobtment and i should bring print out and photograph... what does this means and what they will ask me over there
Hello,
Did you requested appointment or they just sent appointment directly? How long did it take to get the appointment after approval?

vamsi450

Jun 18, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I got a letter saying Etobicoke office will contact regarding Landing appointment on July 29, 2019 till now I did not received any email from them. I called CIC 3 times they said I need to wait process takes 6 weeks now I am on 9th week. CIC agent told me he sent email to Etobicoke office.

I also sent email and raised webform no response from them.

Anyone on same page like me? Please reply back with your experiences does it usually takes this long? Any suggestions.

vamsi450

Jun 18, 2012
I called IRCC today and told them that my temporary status will expire at the end of this month. He said there is nothing that he could do to get me an appointment quickly at IRCC Etobicoke. I honestly do not understand why it would take them 6 weeks to get back to us.
Hello,

I am on 9th week waiting for an appointment. Did you received your appointment or still waiting?

vamsi450

Jun 18, 2012
I didn't know they do landing appointments on saturday as well. I am also close to Etobicoke and the agent told me today that my file is in queue for appointment and it takes upto 6 weeks to get a response. So, I am guessing I will be waiting for 2 months and over too.
Hello,

Did you received appointment yet? I am still waiting this is my 9th week