+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing Experience March 2019

Jerrysk3

Aug 13, 2019
Nice, I have mine on 27th
when did you send the email and when did you get the response? Will you please share the timeline and your date of expiry of temp status and copr? I am just tryin to estimate the amount of weeks I have to wait until I get the landing appointment.

Kelly7480

Aug 26, 2019
CEC Landing Interview at Etobicoke +

Aug 13th Emailed to request interview
Aug 20th Received reply
Aug 26th Landing Interview at 1pm

I read on the forums advising to arrive early, my appointment was scheduled for 1pm however I arrived at 11:35am. It was already fairly busy and slightly chaotic at the reception desk, a line wasn't established so people who just arrived just merged together.

Showed the receptionist my interview letter, she requested my passport, gave it back and then gave me a ticket number. Took a seat near a screen displaying the numbers and sussed out there were 12 people ahead of me.

Was glad I came in earlier than my scheduled time, probably would've been waiting a lot longer as more and more people came into the room.

After 1hr 30mins my number was shown on the screen, the appointment was very quick and easy. The immigration officer just requested my passport, interview letter and COPRs. He asked if I was happy with the photo on the COPR to be used for my PR card, I said yes. (Was quite glad he asked as the new ones I took for this interview were horrible!)

Questions asked: When my first entry to Canada was (work permit date), when and where were my last entry (went on holiday and came in through Pearson airport). He also asked if I have I ever committed an offence in Canada and if I had any children.

He then wrote the information onto my COPR and asked me to confirm everything on there was correct, told me to initial where he had input new info and sign the bottom. Congratulated me on my status as PR, gave me an info sheet and asked if I had any questions.

The next door Service Canada is where I went to afterwards, reported to the reception desk and was told to take a seat in the waiting area. Sat down for about 50 mins before I was called, the man who issued me my new SIN number was very friendly.

Took the subway to Islington for Service Ontario to apply for a health card. It's inside a mall-like area, again went to the front desk and was given a ticket and form to fill out. Waited about 40 mins to be called; gave them the form, my signed COPR, passport and Ontario driver's license. She input the info into her computer, took my photo and asked me to confirm my details were correct. And that's it! There's a 3 month waiting period for new immigrants before healthcare coverage can start (even though I've been present in Canada for 2 years on IEC), so will have to wait until November before receiving a health card in the mail.

And that's it! A fair bit of waiting today but obviously to be expected at these kind of places, just happy to have PR status, permanent SIN number and health card confirmed. Looking forward to receiving my PR card in the post the next few weeks!

Reactions: user.profile

Jerrysk3

Aug 13, 2019
CEC Landing Interview at Etobicoke +

Aug 13th Emailed to request interview
Aug 20th Received reply
Aug 26th Landing Interview at 1pm

I read on the forums advising to arrive early, my appointment was scheduled for 1pm however I arrived at 11:35am. It was already fairly busy and slightly chaotic at the reception desk, a line wasn't established so people who just arrived just merged together.

Showed the receptionist my interview letter, she requested my passport, gave it back and then gave me a ticket number. Took a seat near a screen displaying the numbers and sussed out there were 12 people ahead of me.

Was glad I came in earlier than my scheduled time, probably would've been waiting a lot longer as more and more people came into the room.

After 1hr 30mins my number was shown on the screen, the appointment was very quick and easy. The immigration officer just requested my passport, interview letter and COPRs. He asked if I was happy with the photo on the COPR to be used for my PR card, I said yes. (Was quite glad he asked as the new ones I took for this interview were horrible!)

Questions asked: When my first entry to Canada was (work permit date), when and where were my last entry (went on holiday and came in through Pearson airport). He also asked if I have I ever committed an offence in Canada and if I had any children.

He then wrote the information onto my COPR and asked me to confirm everything on there was correct, told me to initial where he had input new info and sign the bottom. Congratulated me on my status as PR, gave me an info sheet and asked if I had any questions.

The next door Service Canada is where I went to afterwards, reported to the reception desk and was told to take a seat in the waiting area. Sat down for about 50 mins before I was called, the man who issued me my new SIN number was very friendly.

Took the subway to Islington for Service Ontario to apply for a health card. It's inside a mall-like area, again went to the front desk and was given a ticket and form to fill out. Waited about 40 mins to be called; gave them the form, my signed COPR, passport and Ontario driver's license. She input the info into her computer, took my photo and asked me to confirm my details were correct. And that's it! There's a 3 month waiting period for new immigrants before healthcare coverage can start (even though I've been present in Canada for 2 years on IEC), so will have to wait until November before receiving a health card in the mail.

And that's it! A fair bit of waiting today but obviously to be expected at these kind of places, just happy to have PR status, permanent SIN number and health card confirmed. Looking forward to receiving my PR card in the post the next few weeks!
That's Amazing!!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience. Was your CoPR validity or temporary status validity expiring soon? I sent an email on 6th August and no response but the automated reply mail.

Kelly7480

Aug 26, 2019
That's Amazing!!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience. Was your CoPR validity or temporary status validity expiring soon? I sent an email on 6th August and no response but the automated reply mail.
Thank you! Originally on IEC work permit which expired in July 2019 and had applied for BOWP so I was on implied status. Hopefully you’ll receive a reply soon! All the best :)

hakweye

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
when did you send the email and when did you get the response? Will you please share the timeline and your date of expiry of temp status and copr? I am just tryin to estimate the amount of weeks I have to wait until I get the landing appointment.
I sent email on Aug 6th, got interview confirmation on Aug 22nd for 27th interview

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello All , I am an Inland Applicant FSW Express Entry
I completed my Landing at Etobicoke on Saturday 24 August 2019 and have received COPR
But when I login in my CIC portal application profile it still says processing decision is not updated in it can you plz suggest when will it change and get update. How much time does it usually take. Thank you

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
I completed my Landing at Etobicoke on Saturday 24 August 2019 and have received COPR
But when I login in my CIC portal application profile it still says processing decision is not updated in it can you plz suggest when will it change and get update. How much time does it usually take.
Another question I have is that when I got my COPR at etobicoke nothing is updated on my passport i mean no immigrant sticker or stamp (maybe in system they have update something) neither i got Passport request before in mail. Just took passport to landing interview but nothing new added to it. Is this normal for inland applicants .
Though i got my COPR so means PR right?

Jerrysk3

Aug 13, 2019
But when I login in my CIC portal application profile it still says processing decision is not updated in it can you plz suggest when will it change and get update. How much time does it usually take.
Another question I have is that when I got my COPR at etobicoke nothing is updated on my passport i mean no immigrant sticker or stamp (maybe in system they have update something) neither i got Passport request before in mail. Just took passport to landing interview but nothing new added to it. Is this normal for inland applicants .
Though i got my COPR so means PR right?
If you got your COPR signed and finished your landing means you have the PR. Just the few things to do after that would be to apply for SIN and PR card and health card. Maybe they will update your account or you can try and calling them to ask about the status update on the cic account...Congrats!!

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
If you got your COPR signed and finished your landing means you have the PR. Just the few things to do after that would be to apply for SIN and PR card and health card. Maybe they will update your account or you can try and calling them to ask about the status update on the cic account...Congrats!!
Thank you for your reply ... yeah i think everything is done now .. they might have updated in system

AshlynJ

Mar 11, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-04-2019
Passport Req..
02-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2019
LANDED..........
12-10-2019
Hello,
I sent a request on July 22. But I decided to validate my pr at Pearson airport in mid October. I sent another email to reverse my request and heard nothing back though

FYI, I only recommend a landing interview at a local office unless you are in hurry. Most of you would get piss off waiting for it too long.

jayvk39

Aug 20, 2019
Hey everyone. hope y'all doing Great :)

Its been over 6 weeks since i sent an email to ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca requesting to book for an appointment as i have to get my inland landing done but still haven't received any response yet.

i tried the helpline but they keep on asking me to wait
Should i wait? or Should i do a flagpole at any nearest border? - i don't have US VISA and i am wondering if that could cause a problem when i apply for US VISA or everytime i enter US?

Btw, just wanted to understand the average timeline that would take to complete inland landing

Thanks for your help!
Have a great day