+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer Reference Letter

Nothing_but_the_truth

Aug 13, 2018
Not sure about that. 2 out of 7 is too little IMO
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/noc-job-match-20-no-other-noc-remotely-matches-job-duties-approval-possibility.578061/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/petroleum-professionals-noc-engineers-technicians-gather-here.578243/

the issue is with this line of work - petroleum industry. it is a very broad field and no NOC matches perfectly with my duties. Not able to find any other information also that is why I am trying to figure out if I explain this and use one of the petroleum NOCs mentioned in the link above if it would work?
I know nobody can tell for sure but am a little worried on how to proceed.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/noc-job-match-20-no-other-noc-remotely-matches-job-duties-approval-possibility.578061/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/petroleum-professionals-noc-engineers-technicians-gather-here.578243/

the issue is with this line of work - petroleum industry. it is a very broad field and no NOC matches perfectly with my duties. Not able to find any other information also that is why I am trying to figure out if I explain this and use one of the petroleum NOCs mentioned in the link above if it would work?
I know nobody can tell for sure but am a little worried on how to proceed.
Note that my two jobs were under the same NOC despite being different in fields.

Nothing_but_the_truth

Aug 13, 2018
Note that my two jobs were under the same NOC despite being different in fields.
so lets say you worked as a technician in automobile which involves assemble, disassembly and servicing. and then you worked as a technician in HVAC (Air conditioning)
your NOCs would be the same in spite of them being two different fields ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
so lets say you worked as a technician in automobile which involves assemble, disassembly and servicing. and then you worked as a technician in HVAC (Air conditioning)
your NOCs would be the same in spite of them being two different fields ?
In a way yes. Try looking at other NOCs you may find more matching similarities

Nothing_but_the_truth

Aug 13, 2018
Good luck
Thank you so much @hamgha
I almost instantaneously found a perfect match for my job duties but it falls under a more generic term saying industrial tools technician.
Are you sure I can use that even though my industry was specifically oil & gas (Petroleum) because even my job title falls as petroleum technician but the job duties that i found under 2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics fits perfectly.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thank you so much @hamgha
I almost instantaneously found a perfect match for my job duties but it falls under a more generic term saying industrial tools technician.
Are you sure I can use that even though my industry was specifically oil & gas (Petroleum) because even my job title falls as petroleum technician but the job duties that i found under 2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics fits perfectly.
You can get confirmation from someone else if you want but the essential is that the job task matches the most out of the NOC description.
I remeber having sent an email to confirm my NOC with something related to the canadian government but can't find it anymore.

Nothing_but_the_truth

Aug 13, 2018
You can get confirmation from someone else if you want but the essential is that the job task matches the most out of the NOC description.
I remeber having sent an email to confirm my NOC with something related to the canadian government but can't find it anymore.
well regardless you have pointed me towards the right direction and I thank you for that. :)
just another doubt, I just found this "exclusions" part under the NOC 2243(at the bottom of all NOC pages), so what that typically means is that those positions do not fall under the mentioned NOC right ? just double checking. because one of the titles mentioned under this NOC 2243 was measurement oil and gas technician but it is also mentioned under exclusions and they've given a new link to that.
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2243

So now am only confused between which one to use. As the job duties fit perfectly with the link pasted above (2243) but the title I am looking for is mentioned under exclusion- and when I follow the link under the exclusion it just gives one generic point and that is under oil and gas section which also fits my job description overall.

Satish kumar vudukala

Oct 21, 2018
Kuwait
Category........
It is absolutely ludicrous to assume that anybody can answer your questions, especially when this particular forum is more tailored towards PR applicants helping out each other with processes of the application and not philosophical questions!

your questions can only be answered by personal perspective and your own research.

Thank you for wonderful suggestions you worked in petroleum don’t forget (mechanical )technician

Nothing_but_the_truth

Aug 13, 2018
It is absolutely ludicrous to assume that anybody can answer your questions, especially when this particular forum is more tailored towards PR applicants helping out each other with processes of the application and not philosophical questions!

your questions can only be answered by personal perspective and your own research.

Thank you for wonderful suggestions you worked in petroleum don’t forget (mechanical )technician
lol what are you trying to say ?