+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer Reference Letter

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Hello All,

To prove that we actually have worked for the company/s we are claiming points for, do we have to get reference letters from all previous employers?

My case : (Total work experience 8 years)
Employer 1 : 1 year 2 months
Employer 2 : 5 year 11 months
Employer 3 : 0 year 2 months
Employer 4 : 0 year 8 months

The maximum foreign work experience one can claim in the last 10 years is 3 years. (or CRS points tops out at 3 years or more). In my case what if I get reference letter from only employer 2 and 4 (current) only? It is a real pain to get reference letters from previous employers in a specific format.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
nambaliya

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hello All,

To prove that we actually have worked for the company/s we are claiming points for, do we have to get reference letters from all previous employers?

The maximum foreign work experience one can claim in the last 10 years is 3 years. (or CRS points tops out at 3 years or more). In my case what if I get reference letter from only employer 2 and 4 (current) only? It is a real pain to get reference letters from previous employers in a specific format.

Thanks,
nambaliya
yep getting employer 2 and mentioning that NOC as primary in case employer 4 is of a different NOC would work perfectly! you'll be fine.you do not need all 4 employers reference letters.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hello All,

Thanks,
nambaliya
Yes. Keep things simple

Reactions: nambaliya

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Not only will it be fine for EE but u will also max out in fsw experience

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Employer 2 is enough, as long as it is during the last 10 years and in your primary NOC. All other employments should not be included in 'work history' section, but do include those in 'personal history' section.

Reactions: nambaliya

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello All,

Thanks,
nambaliya
Obtain and furnish documents related to the highlighted experience in Work Experience in red and move the rest of the activities to personal history/activities folder.
If reference letter is not as per the IRCC standards it goes into a "Review Required" black hole which takes on forever to have it reviewed by the case officer.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
If reference letter is not as per the IRCC standards it goes into a "Review Required" black hole which takes on forever to have it reviewed by the case officer.
I'm in trouble lol. none of my reference letters are in the perfect format and I am explaining why in the LOE. I have all the proof required including emails from HR saying they cant provide an update... yada yada but it seems like I am heading towards "Review Required BlackHole" :D :D :p

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I'm in trouble lol. none of my reference letters are in the perfect format and I am explaining why in the LOE. I have all the proof required including emails from HR saying they cant provide an update... yada yada but it seems like I am heading towards "Review Required BlackHole" :D :D :p
Provide as much additional proof as possible that would shoe remaining info. Get a colleague to notarize and write on paper the remainong info.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Provide as much additional proof as possible that would shoe remaining info. Get a colleague to notarize and write on paper the remainong info.
yep I got it all. Tried my best to have as many docs as I can to be thorough. I have my experience certificate (only dates worked and title mentioned) employment contract, salary slips, salary certificate, bank statements, email from HR basically asking me to F-O :p lol, my manager stating my duties signed along with his business card on a plain paper and thats it ! hopefully IRCC doesn't ask for more cuz I have nothing more to give. although my HR did state in the email that they'd be happy to verify any information if contacted via email or phone.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I agree with what @hamgha said above, alternate to the HR not providing the letter, have a previous manager/colleague provide the letter in the format
Check this link for a template: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-purpose-and-the-format-of-a-Reference-Letter-to-apply-for-a-Canada-PR-after-getting-the-invitation

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
I agree with what @hamgha said above, alternate to the HR not providing the letter, have a previous manager/colleague provide the letter in the format
Check this link for a template: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-purpose-and-the-format-of-a-Reference-Letter-to-apply-for-a-Canada-PR-after-getting-the-invitation
Thanks for the weblink @bimale4bipeople . It is not exactly in the format as shown in the weblink provided, but it does confirm all the details IRCC wishes to see in terms of title and NOC duties and hours equivalent of Full time in the letter that my manager provided. it has been signed by him along with his business card. as for the other stuff like salary and all I have attached my labor contract, offer letter, pay slips, salary certificate - basically anything I had related to my time at that company. I've also included a copy of my visa stamped as it shows both the profession and employer-dont know if it helps but just adding everything I got.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Thanks for the weblink @bimale4bipeople . It is not exactly in the format as shown in the weblink provided, but it does confirm all the details IRCC wishes to see in terms of title and NOC duties and hours equivalent of Full time in the letter that my manager provided. it has been signed by him along with his business card. as for the other stuff like salary and all I have attached my labor contract, offer letter, pay slips, salary certificate - basically anything I had related to my time at that company.
Should be good enough. Don't worry you are not the first one not to have secured letter from employer. As long backed by sufficient proof, it should be ok.

Reactions: viki1805

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
yep I got it all. Tried my best to have as many docs as I can to be thorough. I have my experience certificate (only dates worked and title mentioned) employment contract, salary slips, salary certificate, bank statements, email from HR basically asking me to F-O :p lol, my manager stating my duties signed along with his business card on a plain paper and thats it ! hopefully IRCC doesn't ask for more cuz I have nothing more to give. although my HR did state in the email that they'd be happy to verify any information if contacted via email or phone.
Then dont worry. You should be fine

Reactions: viki1805