+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PETROLEUM professionals (NOC) - Engineers, Technicians - Gather here.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hello All,

This thread is dedicated to all the applicants in the petroleum field to advise or share their experiences.

As most Petroleum engineers must have already realized, NOC 2145 for petroleum engineers consists of duties covering a vast area which could possibly never be a perfect match for any petroleum engineer as they could be specialized in various roles which are part of NOC 2145 such as Well testing, Production, Logging, Wireline services, Reservoir engineering, Drilling etc.

From what I've researched I noticed that NOC 2145 Skill level A, NOC 8232 Skill level B & NOC 2212 Skill level B are the only ones that could work for the FSW applicants owing to the skills criteria.

Anybody who has successfully gotten their PR under one of the above mentioned skills, please leave a comment.

Last edited:

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
so to give a little bit of background about my case: I have a masters in petroleum engineering but the first job that I secured in this industry was at Weatherford as a LWD technician trainee ( a petroleum technician in other words) and my Job duties consist of a bunch of points all pointing out to one broader area which is servicing/maintenance of logging tools. This job would not fall under NOC 2145.
My job duties satisfies one to three points mentioned under either NOC 2212 or 8232. Is there anyone who has filed for their PR using one of these NOCs ?

Nothing_but_the_truth

Aug 13, 2018
so to give a little bit of background about my case: I have a masters in petroleum engineering but the first job that I secured in this industry was at Weatherford as a LWD technician trainee ( a petroleum technician in other words) and my Job duties consist of a bunch of points all pointing out to one broader area which is servicing/maintenance of logging tools. This job would not fall under NOC 2145.
My job duties satisfies one to three points mentioned under either NOC 2212 or 8232. Is there anyone who has filed for their PR using one of these NOCs ?
I worked as a petroleum technician too in maintenance and repair of tools. only 1 point under noc 2212 matches my entire description but I couldnt find anything else. any other petroleum professional out here ??

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
I worked as a petroleum technician too in maintenance and repair of tools. only 1 point under noc 2212 matches my entire description but I couldnt find anything else. any other petroleum professional out here ??
Hi I will be using NOC 8232. If anyone has prepared a reference letter under the same, please respond. Help appreciated

Reactions: Lift48

mhdataa

Oct 17, 2018
Hello,

I am post ITA, worked as MWD/LWD engineer for Schlumberger. is that Considered NOC 2145 or 8232??

in my EE profile I chose 2145.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Reactions: Lift48

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hello,

I am post ITA, worked as MWD/LWD engineer for Schlumberger. is that Considered NOC 2145 or 8232??

in my EE profile I chose 2145.

Please advise,

Thanks,
I think you're more 8232 (like me). Check out the example titles of both NOC. I think 8232 has more matching titles as well. However, the more important thing is to match responsibilities. Do you think that the responsibilities in 2145 can be more justified by you compared to 8232? Secondly, also note 2145 requires professional licensing prior to starting a job with that NOC.

mhdataa

Oct 17, 2018
Actually i've chosen 2145 when I saw in examples titles "logging engineer, oil wells" and "oil well logging engineer " but when looking at the main duties it is harder to justify or adjust to match exactly. 8232 close example titles are "logging and perforating operator - oil field services" "directional driller" "wireline operator" with duties that are closer to the real job. I feel the job is anyway still falls between the two NOCs.

what do you think would be better? Changing the NOC code to 8232 accompanied with LOE or stick with 2145 adjusting the employment reference letter.

mhdataa

Oct 17, 2018
Dear petroleum experts,

Do you have any examples for employment reference letter for oilfield services field engineer?

What would be the working hours mentioned? we usually work on 3-4weeks hitch for 12 hours/day shifts, and no official working hours will be available from company documents.

Thanks,

Reactions: ibtee

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hey Just seeing this thread. I applied with NOC 2145.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Dear petroleum experts,

Do you have any examples for employment reference letter for oilfield services field engineer?

What would be the working hours mentioned? we usually work on 3-4weeks hitch for 12 hours/day shifts, and no official working hours will be available from company documents.

Thanks,
I think you may need to ask your company to provide you with a letter that states you work full time, 12 hours a day and 60 hours a week. No need to mention your shift or time-off.
That's what I would have done if I had to.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Actually i've chosen 2145 when I saw in examples titles "logging engineer, oil wells" and "oil well logging engineer " but when looking at the main duties it is harder to justify or adjust to match exactly. 8232 close example titles are "logging and perforating operator - oil field services" "directional driller" "wireline operator" with duties that are closer to the real job. I feel the job is anyway still falls between the two NOCs.

what do you think would be better? Changing the NOC code to 8232 accompanied with LOE or stick with 2145 adjusting the employment reference letter.
What I understood after a lot of research is that you need to match (or somehow fit) around 80% of the duties mentioned in NOC to your actual ones. I would say that just count the number of duties in each NOC and find out how many of them can (somehow) fit your duties. The one with most matchs wins (regardless of the title). I would say 8232 has more leeway available to bend it since it mentions safety and personnel training as two points out of five.

And yeah share a reference letter if you find a good one for either NOC as I'm yet to see an oilfield reference letter for inspiration. :)

Reactions: tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hey tobs, if you don't mind, please share your reference letter with us (minus the personal details).
Hey Ibtee, It's more Production Technology & RE inclined and quite simple too. Hope it helps.
Date
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to confirm that Miss xxx is currently a staff of yyyy and was employed on the zzz. She joined the services of the company as a Petroleum Engineer within the Asset Development department of the company.

Miss xxx specializes in Production Engineering and works 45 hours a week, from 8am to 5pm from Monday through Friday and her core tasks and responsibilities include the following;

Ø Direct and monitor the completion and evaluation of wells, well testing and well surveys.

Ø Supervise field operations during any well re-entry operation.

Ø Develop specifications for and monitor and supervise well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil and gas recovery for yyy.

Ø Analyze reservoir rock and fluid data to design optimum recovery methods and to predict reservoir performance and reserves.

Ø Monitor and forecast oil and gas reservoir performance and recommend oil recovery techniques which extend the economic life of yyy's wells.

Ø Conduct feasibility assessment studies for any new oil and gas assets for the company.

Her Current earnings is aaaaa.

We confirm that her performance is satisfactory and her conduct excellent. Kindly accord her the necessary assistance as she may require.

Kindly contact the Human Resources Department, the undersigned for further enquiries.

Yours Faithfully
for yyy

Note: Then I included Payslips and that's it.

Reactions: ibtee