+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email received to pick up passport with visa affixed but passport lost....

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Re: Email received to pick up passport with visa affixed from DAMASCUS

we are so happy for you! congratulations from the very bottom of our hearts! :)

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Thank all for your good wishes.
Like Rorita said Rasha and Boncuk it's our turn to give you all the support and moral that you both had given us and help us through the entire process. We will keep in touch and won't leave your side until immigration is sick and tired of all our bitching and complaining. They have ears right lol!!
Rorita I almost broke the phone yesterday trying to call my husband to tell him the good news but of course he answered around 11:30 pm. For unknown reason he never received an email about the decision so thank god they send it directly to my work..... I don't know how they figured this one out because when they requested documents they sent him directly the email and cc me at work but didn't receive it. Anyways I shouldn't complaint because I'm so astonished with the process. It feels like I'm still dreaming.
Boncuk I know what you meant about it start effecting your relationship because it happened to me and my husband warned me about it.
Anyways I'm keeping an eye on everyone here especially you and Rasha.
Good luck to all of you and when you are at the end of the process you will sit and laugh for all the natsy that I had sent or didn't meant.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008

Thx Rorita and Marlena for the support :) Who knows how long we will have to wait.. I sent them a case specific enquiry and I got the general msg 5 days later that we are processing well within the timeline blah blah blah.. so annoying.. why can't they just say we are waiting on his background or something! I'm sure the MP will get the same response.. I'm so annoyed with this office I cant begin to tell you! Rasha is still waiting to hear anything! I hate the fact that they leave us in the dark this much.. it's hard to plan your life!

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Boncuk said:
Thx Rorita and Marlena for the support :) Who knows how long we will have to wait.. I sent them a case specific enquiry and I got the general msg 5 days later that we are processing well within the timeline blah blah blah.. so annoying.. why can't they just say we are waiting on his background or something! I'm sure the MP will get the same response.. I'm so annoyed with this office I cant begin to tell you! Rasha is still waiting to hear anything! I hate the fact that they leave us in the dark this much.. it's hard to plan your life!
Boncuk, I know how you feel!!! I too filled out a case specific enquiry last week and all they said was please be advised that we await the results of routine background enquiries. We will write to you when we are in a position to do so. I hate when they give such a general response and you have absolutely no clue what's going on. You know when they do that it just feels like they have the file sitting on the desk right next to them and they're doing nothing, or they're moving veeeeeeeeery slow. It definately is hard to plan your life! Right now for me, everything has just come to a stop. I have no clue what plans to make because no one gives us a timeline on how much longer our cases will take.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008

SadGirl:( said:
Boncuk said:
Boncuk, I know how you feel!!! I too filled out a case specific enquiry last week and all they said was please be advised that we await the results of routine background enquiries. We will write to you when we are in a position to do so. I hate when they give such a general response and you have absolutely no clue what's going on. You know when they do that it just feels like they have the file sitting on the desk right next to them and they're doing nothing, or they're moving veeeeeeeeery slow. It definately is hard to plan your life! Right now for me, everything has just come to a stop. I have no clue what plans to make because no one gives us a timeline on how much longer our cases will take.
At least you got an idea they are doing his background!! lol I didn't even get that.. we are just assuming that is where they are now :) It is hard and we have no choice but to get frustrated and go on with our lives.. but really is hard when we are seeing so many other couples from other places with visa's in their hands! How come we cant be this efficient.. What I dont understand about Cairo is if they have a total of 185,000 applications in the year WHY do they only have 5 officers? If people knew what was going on in all our Canadian Embassies there would be change I would think! But no one wants to rock the boat! Or just don't care and once they get the visa it's out of mind.. I had hoped we would be out of here at the latest beginning of August.. now it looks like we will be here till way after September even! Hard really..

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009

Boncuk...OMG 185.000 application...it is a scary number, does cairo do other application for other country, like damscus...???oufff
Did you MP send them an inquiry, usualy they are more specific with the MP, don't know why, but I have seen it over the forum. it is a good idea that you have decided to let it go in the right time, like Marlena said, I faced the same issue, there were a time when it started effecting my relation with my husband, thank God we were able to notice and take a turn over...cause it is really a distroying feeling.
Marlena, it is strange that they have sent you the email, not your husband, but at least you got it...

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Boncuk they should requesting transfering some files to Damascus especially yours and Rasha. I'm sure you both will receive Visa by next month. How far is it Cairo from Lebanon by land.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Rorita it's strange my husband didn't receive any email hopefully they didn't mix up between Applicant and Sponsor lol!!!!I wonder when we both arrive at the port of entry how they are going to treat us... I'm sure he is going to be pulled over like always.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008

MARLENA said:
Boncuk they should requesting transfering some files to Damascus especially yours and Rasha. I'm sure you both will receive Visa by next month. How far is it Cairo from Lebanon by land.
As neither of our husbands have lived in those countries it wouldn't work. nice idea tho.. how about they transfer more IO's to Cairo.. that would be lovely.. THey deal with refugee claims from gaza and sudan.. as well as family class applications.. There is always a line up at the embassy lol Well we decided that being too close to Ramadan even if we do get it around that time we wont leave till after our Eid.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Nchalla before Ramadan for both of you.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008

Inshallah :) That is really good about the job offer. It's a great start for the both of you!

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008

marlena!! ur husband got his passport yet???

btw i recived my PR card yesterday! its really beautiful and filled with state-of-the-art security!!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015

oh...congratulations! such a great news!

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Hi Boujasim,

How are you??? long time no see....Are u having a good time in Ottawa???
Regarding my husband passport hopefully tomorrow since there are closed Friday & Saturday but he sent the request today....
Are you planning to move or settle in Ottawa.... so the PR card doesn't take 6 weeks to arrive...I have to change my citizenship card since I'm start having trouble with it :0( hopefully it won't take a long time before I have a replacement.
Give us more input on your situation and also I'm going next month to Lebanon to you need anything???let me know...
Hope you are having a great time... take care and keep us in the loop....

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009

Boujasim, long time no see you here, how is everything in your side, do you like Ottawa? by the way where you able to get the OHIP, when I went they said they want mail that show my address and that I realy live here, I show them the envelop of the PR card, she said that she don't accept federal mail?????????????? she want a bank statement or driving lisence...strange right, I will try next week , we added my name to my husband account and to several bills
About the driving license, what did you did? next week I am going to a driving school, 25 hour in class and 10 hour on the road, and later on some training with my husband and then to the driving test, and hounik al bahdeleh...:)))) I guess I am suppose to get first the G1, then the G2 without waiting long time between the 2 since I have 8 years of drving in Lebanon...God sooooooooo many driving rules and signs....I miss driving in Lebanon...:))))), how is the weather in your side.
Marlena, did you start the count down for your trip to lebanon...they are saying that there is about 2 million tourist this summer in Lebanon...witch is a waouuuu for a 3.5 million population...
Yalla have a nice weekend...