+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email received to pick up passport with visa affixed but passport lost....

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, I post a reply for you on this thread, but it vanich, I guess my laptop is acting crazy today...anyway, I don't know what to tell you, but it is like my nightmare has become true in your husband passport, that was my biggest fear when I sent my passport.
did they tell him if the passport is missing in the embassy or did they give it to someone else by mistake?
if in th embassy, I am sure they will find it soon and if they give it to someone else, that someone else when he open his envelop, and see your husband passport, he will be very made, then he will call the embassy and tell them that he got the wrong passport, he will have to re-send it to the embassy and wait for his own passport.
Don't panick, I am sure it will be solve soon, keep us posted

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Of course everything is going to vanish simply because my husband passport can't be found...
I told my husband perhaps because you didn't go in person that's why the passport decide to walk & deliver himself in person. He wants to leave Lebanon as soon his visa is affixed

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
this thread is acting strange, i can't see the reply....
what are you going to do

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Now I'm at the point if my husband talk to me we are going to argue so no point talking to him tonight because I'm taking my frustration out on him and i know if I say something I'm going to regret later. I better calm myself first and wait as they requested.
I just told him to prepare himself for a possibility of asking to submit another passport.... God I don't want even to think about it. I'm 100% sure they gave the passport to someone else. It's like when I received the email instead of him requesting to pick up the passport HELLO I'm the sponsor & not the applicant so i don't know what on earth they are drinking while they are doing the process.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
I still can't see the reply in a normal way, to see them I need to reply to see yout reply.
Anyway, as you said, it is best to calm down, because you personaly and your husband can't do anything, but keep your husband bugging them by phone, it is a big deal losing a passport, and let him ask for the worst case scenerio, witch must be a neww passport, let him gain time and ask amin 3am what shall he has to do, cause when there is a passport lost, the amin 3am make an investigation and might take time, so let him do some research to know if, God forbiden the passport doesn't show, he will know excatly what to do

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I'm positive they send it to someone else by mistake and the other person has no choice BUT return it back since he NEEDS his true passport right!!!!
Unless it has fallen between the walls I won't see it lost anywhere other than shipped to the wrong person...
I'm sure we will have some answers by Wednesday..
You know my husband should place it in a safety deposit once they retrieve it.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Marlena,

the fact that that could happen is grounds for suing, I am sure!! If you were in a doctor's office, and that office breached confidentiality and sent your medical records/information to the wrong person, you could sue! So why can't that be the case here.

In all honesty, you cannot be quiet about this, and need to follow your concern through to higher authorities.

As I said before, we are like rabid dogs biting for scraps...when we go one millimeter outside the line, it's game over. When they do it, it's acceptable??? AND that's ok??? I am sure there are some organizations who would love to get their hands on your story - they'd have a field day!!!

AND not to mention in this day and age of post 911 terrorist fear, they send it to someone else!????? OMG

Didn't this office just get audited too? All I can say is WTF!?? Those audits didn't do much if they are sending passports to the wrong clients. And I am human, I realize that mistakes happen - but there are just some mistakes which should NOT happen. And maybe this office needs to re-examine how they actually do their own due diligence with files in-house at the least!

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
Marlena! do not worry, there is like 95% chance that ur husband will get his passport back! if he doesnt its NO BIG DEAL, sure its gonna cost u a few time but its ok, what ur husband shud do INCASE the embassy confirm the lose fo the passport is ask them for a paper stating they lost the passport, take it to the general security and they will issue him a new passport and then he send his passport and get the visa.

they are human and they do mistake, my experince with them is that they are VERY human and understanding and they overlooked the fact that i was 1 meter away from the line in more than have the requierments, so if they do mistake its normal, its not like they are killing ppl

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Hello everyone,

Thank you for all your support. Boujasim you are right. If they don't find it by tomorrow they will provide him with a letter so he can take it to amin el 3am to declare it lost. Amin el 3am is already advised about the situation. He shouldn't have any problems issuing a new passport and I guess by the sound of it. They are making sure any cost or time associated with the situation that he will be rewarded. They had put deadline until tomorrow. I hope it can be found and avoiding to issue a new passport.
At least I have found some kind of comfort with their communication.
Thanks all for your support and wish to provide you the same when you needed.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, I am glade that you are feeling better today, hopefuly they will have good news for you tomorrow...
Boujasim, you know the only thing that we will miss and wish we have round here is the driving in lebanon...:))) God to many rules and laws...The teacher told me if I send my driving license to the lebanese consult in Ottawa and they traslated, I will be able to do the G test.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
look, if u get the G1, ull get the G2 in 8 months, and since u toke driving lessons u will pay less for insurance, i recomend u to go step by step, gain canadian experince, better for ur record, aslan u wont be able to get the G right away, with the leb drivers licence u might only get a G2 after a road test,and belive me unless u study the law here in ontario u would never pass the test.
the lebanese drivers licnece has no value ANYWHERE in the world, coz u buy it,u dont actually study for it, and we dont have any laws what so ever,atleast not enforced.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Re: PASSPORT FOUND FOUND FOUND.

Hi everyone,

The passport was found sitting on someone desk by mistake. They have no clue how it landed in different section and why it was there.... Perhaps decided to walk by it own. They will arrange to deliver it to my husband today so he can have it by tomorrow.
Thank god he didn't have to issue a new passport.
I already ordered wine to celebrate. Would you like to join me...:0)

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, I am very happy that the passport was found...I am sure they will do their own investigation to know what happened...but the important that it was found...yalla red wine and celebrate.
Boujasim, I am with you, I want to go step by step, aslan God knows if I will pass the test, it isn't easy at all, yesterday the teacher was talking for 5 hour non stop, except the lunch break, and we are still in the begining...waynak ya lebanon..:))) soon I will do the G1 written test, get an temporaly license, I will start driving with my husband until I feel really realy relaxed and sure of myself, then I will get the G2 or whatever.
About the lebanese driving license...hahahah, you are right, but in my case, my parent were strict about it, I went to a driving office, payed 300$ back then in 1996, can you believe it, and did the test in nef3a...I am always under the law...:)))

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
CONGRATULATIONS MARLENA!!! I'm so happy they found it! WHEW! At least you can forget that part ever happened now!! :)) Just focus on your hubby and you returning back to Canada safely!

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rorita my husband is concerned too for the driving test and he is not even here yet!!! lol. Actually he is more concerned the fact he wouldn't be able to drive for a while. Regarding G1 AND G2 god in my time, I didn't even have to go through that because when I applied I was 18 years old and they had a written test with a name 365. If you pass then you can do the road test and I guess I did after passing the written one. Now it seems very complicated almost not letting you drive by your own for a while. The funny part I'm going to Lebanon and my husband asked me if I want to drive while I'm there. I told him unless you want me dead I can't believe you are asking me this!!!! I don't want to take any chances and start driving because I'm sure as you mentioned if there is no laws to follow I would be so in rage against everyone who is on the road lol!!!
BTW I don't know if the same now they have a special book to study for your written exam which explains all the signs and rules and regulations!!!!