+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email received to pick up passport with visa affixed but passport lost....

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Hello everyone,

I just received the email confirming the following:Dear Sir/Madam,

Your visa is now affixed on your passport and ready to be sent to you. Please arrange with the courier company to pick it up from the Immigration Section, Canadian Embassy, Damascus, Syria.

Please provide the courier company with your file number.

Regards,

Immigration Section (SND)

P.O.Box 3394

Tel.: (963-11) 611-6692

Fax: (963-11) 611-8034[/font]

Web site: http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/syria

E-mail: damascus-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Disclaimer: By supplying your e-mail address (in your inquiry or previously in your application), you are initiating an e-mail communication with CIC, and CIC is thereby authorized to use the e-mail address provided by you for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. When you supply your e-mail address to CIC, it is also understood that you are aware that this channel may not be a secure channel. CIC is not liable for the disclosure of personal information to a third party where CIC has taken reasonable means to ensure the identity of the party. CIC is also not liable for the misuse of this information by a third party.

The funny part my husband didn't receive anything.... They send it directly to my work.... I'm so happy!!!!!

Hope everyone else in this forum who is waiting will receive the same...

Good luck to all and thank you all for everything.....

Cheers from Ottawa!!!!

Marlena

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Email received to pick up passport with visa affixed from DAMASCUS

Congratulations Marlena! I'm so happy to hear that everything for you and your husband is finally over with now and the both of you can begin your future together.

Marlena, if you don't mind me asking, how many months did your application take to finalize? When your husband had his interview, how many months did you have to wait after the interview?

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Hi Sadgirl,

Application received at CIC-M April 3st, 2009
CIC-M approved sponsor April 16, 2009
Damascus received application April 29,2009
AOR from Damascus May 17,2009
Additional documents requested by Damascus June 14,2009
Damascus requested passport July 13,2009
Passport submitted July 18,2009
Letter received to pick up passport with Visa July 28,2009

Any news for your case???

Good luck!

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi Marlena,

I was able to get into contact with the person that my husband had his interview with, and unfortunately, he tells me that further background checks have been deemed necessary and that it is not possible at this point to say how long those checks will take. He also said that a new medical examination will likely be needed.

Unfortunately I just received this news this morning and now I am so depressed. My application has already taken twice as long as yours. You're one of the lucky ones, four months is not bad! I never thought that the London office would need to take this long. It just feels like they are discriminating because of my husband's background. I hope that this is not the case.

How does your husband feel about coming to Ottawa? I hope he likes it here in Canada! But the important thing is that he will finally be with his wife!

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Thank you sadgirl. I have to admit that I'm lucky it didn't take a long time to finalize the application. I know a lot of people who applied before me and still waiting which in my opinion I find it unfair especially when everything is submitted.. It doesn't matter where you are from. All applications should be treated equally without any exception but again your life is in the hand of an IO who doesn't analyze or feel the same way we do...
Since how long are you waiting????..and if you don't mind asking you what's the background of your husband.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008

CONGRATS again Marlena!!! You are on a roll :)

I am very envious that you applied after me and are already done, but congrats and all the best :).

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Rasha I really feel with you. I had mentioned in my previous thread to Sadgirl and referred mostly to your case. I truly believe you will receive a good news any time soon. You are very important to Canada and I'm sure IO will read between lines especially with your job qualification they shouldn't question your marriage to your husband.

Good luck to you and Boncuk from the bottom of my heart!!!

The only thing I can't figure out why they emailed me instead of my husband.

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

MARLENA said:
Thank you sadgirl. I have to admit that I'm lucky it didn't take a long time to finalize the application. I know a lot of people who applied before me and still waiting which in my opinion I find it unfair especially when everything is submitted.. It doesn't matter where you are from. All applications should be treated equally without any exception but again your life is in the hand of an IO who doesn't analyze or feel the same way we do...
Since how long are you waiting????..and if you don't mind asking you what's the background of your husband.
Marlena, my husband is from Iraq. However he is living in Sweden where he is a permanent resident there. We got married a year ago in Sweden.

Here's my timeline:

The application was received on October 8, 2008 at CPC Mississauga.
November 7, 2008 they started processing the application.
December 8, 2008 I was approved as a sponsor and the application was sent to London, England.
January 8, 2009 the CPC in London, England began processing the application.
March 26, 2009 an interview was requested.
March 30, 2009 addtional information regarding military services was requested. My husband filled out the forms that were sent to him the next day and sent them back through registered mail.

From March 26 until today we have not heard any new news, except that they are still undergoing background checks. And as I mentioned earlier, today I got news that further background checks have been deemed necessary and that it is not possible at this point to say how long those checks will take.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Did he passed the interview??? Background checks takes a long time before it's finalized but I'm sure you will receive some news by next month. If not you should start doing the medical before they expired.
Good luck!!!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009

Marlena, I am in a hury right now, but BIG CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSS...yalla prepare to see your husband soon, catch you later...
I am going to register in a driving school...

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009

Thank you Rorita--- I'm so happy. END :0)

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009

Marlena, you are done, it feels good, right...:))
hope your husband made the request in the DHL, so they will be able to pick it up tomorrow, cause Thursday they work half day in Damscus, and on Friday the amin 3am in Lebanon work till before noon, and they nag about...
Rasha, I feel that soon you will get a good news, it is like we are going in a queue, Boujasim, me, Marelna, I guess Boncuk and than you, hopefuly you will be done as soon as possible.
Sad Girl, as Marlena told you, they tend to make long background check, specialy for male coming from Middle East, and you have to take in consideration as well that the security authority in these country aren't that organized and not fast in delivering information, hope you will be done soon.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008

Well it's over Marlena congratulations!
Yes we are still waiting and probably won't be leaving here anytime soon! lol
My hubby and I both decided to let whatever happens happen.. enough stress about it .. it was beginning to effect our relationship!
I hope Rasha hears something soon! At least we have each other Rasha ;) Seems like everyone else got visa's and left us! lol :))

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009

Boncuk, we are here for you and Rasha, even that all we can do is the moral support, you were there for us, so now it is our turn,...
Isn't there any that you can know what is going on in the embassy and where they have reached in their background check?

s4ndy

Jun 17, 2009

congratulations marlena.......

wishing you happy married life....