+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
None... it's nearly 13 weeks since the 'secondary review' email...The processing period for 'regular' renewal cases has considerably reduced, so let's hope there'll be staff available to work on cases like ours...???

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
toronto_man said:
there is no official information for second review - they say every case is different. My statement is based on my personal experience :)
Can u update if there is any change in your status like where u sent a letter/email to collect u r cards in local office.
I would like to know your timeline please as I am also a July applicant.

hussain13

Jun 27, 2013
No news from my side too, it is more than 2 months (70 days) since I received the email, also my online status just showing that we started processing on Jan'2015, it is not mentioned that we have sent you an email for 2ndary review.

systems

Nov 24, 2014
HI All,
I received the Secondary review email in first week of Feb.
No response after that.
Still waiting.

Thank you all who have updated their timeline.
Those who received the PR after secondary review recently please update your timelines so that we know
approx how long the process is taking these days.

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
I went to the local Windsor Office and was able to pick up renewed PR card - No major questions , Couple of questions like where do i work , how many times had i travelled to my home country etc - It was overall a simple process
Timeline

Applied for PR renewal (urgent) Dec 22, 2014

Case removed from urgent processing - Told it was sent to Secondary

Decision Made - March 16 ,2015

PR card pick up - March 23 ,2015

Best of luck to all applicants.

KrisR said:
All,

If this helps , my application status changed to Decision Made.

It reads - Your request for a PR card has been approved on March xx ,15. You will be mailed or if quality assurance is required, asked to pick up the card from the local CIC office.

The status got updated on March 14,2014.
I called the call center and it looks like my card has been sent to the local office. I will recieve a letter asking me to pick it up ( I guess with documentation submitted with the application)

systems

Nov 24, 2014
Hi KRIS R,
Thank you for your response.
I have a question for you.

You mentioned that you stay in Canada and commute to USA everyday to work.
When your PR Card was in process, was the first card expired or still valid.
If it was expired can we come back to Canada.

I am also thinking of going to USA but my PR has expired.
I am in secondary review and waiting for new PR to get approved.

Please advise.
Thank you.

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Yes you can -

i traveled across the Windsor -Detroit for close to 3 months with an expired PR card.

Make sure that you have the following with you -

1.) Expired PR card
2.) Passport -current and expired
3.) COPR ( original - I was never asked but just in case)
4.) Confirmation that you have applied for renewal - Important - This is the CC payment that i had done for the renewal application and they would want to see it

5.) I also had CBSA /US entries and exit records ( in case - But was never asked this).

systems said:
Hi KRIS R,
Thank you for your response.
I have a question for you.

You mentioned that you stay in Canada and commute to USA everyday to work.
When your PR Card was in process, was the first card expired or still valid.
If it was expired can we come back to Canada.

I am also thinking of going to USA but my PR has expired.
I am in secondary review and waiting for new PR to get approved.

Please advise.
Thank you.

ns_AB

Jan 5, 2015
No change on my case yet :(

My timeline
Application Received - 11-Aug-2014
Sent for Secondary Review - 5-Jan-2015

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
ns_AB said:
No change on my case yet :(

My timeline
Application Received - 11-Aug-2014
Sent for Secondary Review - 5-Jan-2015
Working for Canadian Employer from US

My Timeline

App Recvd :- Dec 10th
Process begin :- 7th March

I too haven't got any email or mail saying my case is in Secondary review I called CIC today and they said it is under further review processing, and no time line it could take any number of days upto 1 year :eek:

Thanks

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No Updates on my end either guys.

I got the "Secondary Review" email on Jan. 20, 2015.

So now 8 weeks are over and going to the 9th week and no updates.

Let's hope they start processing soon.

Good luck all..

Mar 24, 2015
8 weeks ? OMG, received that damn letters says will delay , plan to have my wedding back home, and honeymoon now everything is ruined.

urgent request was rejected last week.

anybody know what's the average time of processing ? 12 weeks ?

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinachan said:
Although I cancelled my PR card renewal due to my approval of citizenship, I still got my PR card renewed.

Let me give you my timeline just in case.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 29, 2014.

We started processing your application on January 31, 2015.

We sent you a letter on January 31, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on March 13, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

FYI,

My husband PR Card is still in process although Ecas show it's approved. He called CIC this morning. The Agent told him that he is getting by the end of April... So slow....

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nealwisinyyandel said:
8 weeks ? OMG, received that damn letters says will delay , plan to have my wedding back home, and honeymoon now everything is ruined.

urgent request was rejected last week.

anybody know what's the average time of processing ? 12 weeks ?
Nealwisinyyandel, at this point it's case by case and there is no way of knowing how long it will take. It really depends on the paperwork, who is processing the case, which CIC would like to confirm, whether they need further information etc.

Good luck- I hope you get your papers quickly.

torontonianguy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Hello

My application was sent for secondary review in November,2014 with a request for colored passport copy.After that I requested urgent processing in March,2015 for which after 2 days I got email that my request has been forwarded to PRC in Sydney.Today again I got another email from same email address saying that our records show your application sent for review by client service official and your urgent process request has been accepted and added to inventory.
Further,they have writen we het huge applications and we have to work through them in order they were received so we cannot provide you any time frame.

I just want to know what does this email mean...any idea...anyone with experience please help.
Thank you in advance!

Mar 24, 2015
EddyIT said:
Nealwisinyyandel, at this point it's case by case and there is no way of knowing how long it will take. It really depends on the paperwork, who is processing the case, which CIC would like to confirm, whether they need further information etc.

Good luck- I hope you get your papers quickly.
Thanks. EddyIT, guess the only way is to wait. I will post my update ,and after I got the card I think I should calculate my wait time along with other people's wait time to come up a rough number maybe helpful for other people.