email for secondary review 25 feb.
no update just in process

what should i do?i cannot go vacation

hbsk786

Apr 28, 2014
PR Card Application Received 10 September
Second review letter dated 21 January received on 28 January
No updated since than
'I Called ICI customer service unable to give any time frame they said it can take 9 month, one year cannot say

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Is it 9 months or one year from the date they received the application or from the date they sent the email or mail for secondary review?

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
torontonianguy said:
Finally I got my card this week.

It was in secondary review since Nov,2014. And applied for renewal in June,2014.

Congratulations. So it took about 10 months in all.

Dudu2012

Mar 26, 2015
Congratulations!!!

I still did not receive the second email like you.

torontonianguy said:

It was in secondary review since Nov,2014. And applied for renewal in June,2014.

hbsk786

Apr 28, 2014
Congrats Can you please share your experience did they ask any additional documents after second review letter, how they send by post or asked to pick.
Thanks

goldjay

Sep 6, 2013
torontonianguy said:

This is not a typical case. He required urgent processing in March.

Leechina

Mar 18, 2015
torontonianguy said:

Hi ToronTonianguy,
Can you please write how many days did you have in Canada and what all supporting documents dd you supply?It would be great help to others.

torontonianguy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Guys I had met residency obligation but the problem was that I didn't send my passport copies with my application that is why my case referred to secondary review.They asked my passport copies only for secondary review.I requested urgent processing as I have to travel for my friends marriage!

mom2chthjael

Mar 21, 2015
Dreamszalone said:
My Timeline

App Recvd :- Dec 10th
Process begin :- 7th March

I too haven't got any email or mail saying my case is in Secondary review I called CIC today and they said it is under further review processing, and no time line it could take any number of days upto 1 year :eek:

Thanks
I am in the same situation:

App received: January 30th
process begin: March 23rd

No email or mail about secondary review. I just called and my file is under further review and could take up to 1 year! ???

I am a PR for 19 years but did spend for the first time just under 3 years in France. For those wondering why I never replied for citizenship. My homecountry doesn't allow dualcitizenship with Canada and I did not want to lose my passport. Ofcourse I never thought to be in this situation. I have 3 Canadian children that I wanted to experience a European life as I am european and their father( my husband, canadian) passed away. So for that reason I needed to have my european passport. My kids are starting to miss their family and want to go home. They are still in europe finishing their schoolyear.

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonianguy said:

Congrats Torontoianguy, I hope you get to enjoy your friend's wedding!

Based on your timeline we can make a high level assumption that they're starting to process November 2014 secondary review. So hopefully things move towards Dec/Jan reviews as the majority here are within that time-frame.

Best of luck to all