+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
EddyIT said:
Congrats Torontoianguy, I hope you get to enjoy your friend's wedding!

Based on your timeline we can make a high level assumption that they're starting to process November 2014 secondary review. So hopefully things move towards Dec/Jan reviews as the majority here are within that time-frame.

Best of luck to all
Hopefully you're right. I'm one of those whose application was sent for secondary review in January, 2015. But again, as goldjay pointed out, he requested urgent processing in March......

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Luckily I got a response from CIC today nothing shows on ECAS except that it says we received your application in Dec and started processing on March X date. I never got a secondary review mail or email until today asking for more doc, my case is tricky I work for a big Canadian employer from US so they asked me about my company trade\industry licence my position profile and few etc along with standard request like color passport pages and whole lot of BS which I already sent them with my initial application. I believe I wont be able to get couple of documents from my employer but I will try and it says respond in 30 days. I am hoping once I submit whatever I have they will give the decision soon or approval or denial....
Have any of guys saw a quick approval or denial after CIC receives the questionnaire\documents.

Thanks

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
dreamsz alone,

did u get the request from Sydney or local office? is it just a request or does it say it is a RQ (Residence investigation) - can you share more details?

thanks

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
It is from Local office I guess that's what the address says on the notice I guess Hamilton ON.
And most of the document they are asking me is redundant I already sent them I am believing they didn't even check the application just gave me the RQ and ask me to submit same documents over and over.
The form they are asking me is IM5511 and color pages of my passport and employer related stuff I work for big global company (8000 employees) and still they need stuff from them.

Do you guys know a trend once you submit the docs how much time it takes for the result?

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Anyone has tried URGENT PROCESSING while the application status is IN PROCESS and sent for SECONDARY REVIEW?
Kindly advise.

torontonianguy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Kuttykutty said:
Anyone has tried URGENT PROCESSING while the application status is IN PROCESS and sent for SECONDARY REVIEW?
Kindly advise.
[/quote

Follow the same steps to request to request urgent processing.All information is on CIC website about how to request urgent processing...you have to send/upload your proof of travel.

behsuz

Nov 3, 2012
I applied in August 2014, and got secondary review email in January 2015. Still in progress. I called CIC and asked about urgent processing. They said when your application is in secondary review you are not eligible for urgent processing. They said if you have to leave Canada, just leave and apply for travel document in Canadian embassy in that country.

Dudu2012

Mar 26, 2015
you can still apply urgent process. I applied in Oct 214, and got SR in February. I applied urgent process in March and received card in April.

behsuz said:
I applied in August 2014, and got secondary review email in January 2015. Still in progress. I called CIC and asked about urgent processing. They said when your application is in secondary review you are not eligible for urgent processing. They said if you have to leave Canada, just leave and apply for travel document in Canadian embassy in that country.

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EddyIT said:
PR Card Applied: September 8, 2014
Secondary Review email: January 20th, 2015
So far going on the 12th week and no updates
PR Card Applied: September 8, 2014
Secondary Review email: January 20th, 2015
Starting 14th week and no updates

hussain13

Jun 27, 2013
PR Card Applied: August , 2014
Secondary Review email: January, 2015
I didn't call CIC since I know there will be no use, they will update the status as available online.

harvardmpa

Mar 21, 2015
Dudu2012 said:
you can still apply urgent process. I applied in Oct 214, and got SR in February. I applied urgent process in March and received card in April.
Do you mind to show your timeline? Since my husband applied in Dec.2014,got SR in March and applied urgent processing at the end of March.

Apr 28, 2015
Application for PR renewal: early November 2014
Urgent Processing: early January 2015
Secondary Review: mid February 2015
no updates since then

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
application112 said:
Application for PR renewal: early November 2014
Urgent Processing: early January 2015
Secondary Review: mid February 2015
no updates since then
Any idea why your case is sent for secondary review? Do you have frequent travel or just right on 730 days?

alire_za

Nov 18, 2011
I guess if apply after expire date of PR and obtain 730 days after expire date ,the process goes for secondary review,