+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Dudu2012

Mar 26, 2015
Hello, when did you request urgent process. I requested last week, just got the first email that my request has been forward to Sydney.

Thank you.

torontonianguy said:
Hello

My application was sent for secondary review in November,2014 with a request for colored passport copy.After that I requested urgent processing in March,2015 for which after 2 days I got email that my request has been forwarded to PRC in Sydney.Today again I got another email from same email address saying that our records show your application sent for review by client service official and your urgent process request has been accepted and added to inventory.
Further,they have writen we het huge applications and we have to work through them in order they were received so we cannot provide you any time frame.

I just want to know what does this email mean...any idea...anyone with experience please help.
Thank you in advance!

robertonnj

Feb 9, 2015
Just want to share my update with everyone:
PR renewal application sent under urgent processing.
Feb 5th - application received
Feb 10th - in process and secondary review
March 25th - approval and sent to print

skippingrock

Feb 20, 2008
Hello, two questions, well four actually.

1. Does this quoted email mean the PRC renewal is in secondary review?

[quote author=CIC-email]Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Our records indicate that your renewal application for PR card has been received. Your application has been referred to a Client Services Officer for further review. You will receive a letter if additional information is required.

Due to the large volume of applications received, the Permanent Resident Card Centre has a significant number of requests to work through. These requests are dealt with in date order as received; therefore, we cannot give an exact timeframe for the issuance of the PR card.

We thank you for your patience.
[/quote]

2. Do you think that there is any point requesting an upgrade to urgent processing?

[quote author=CIC-status]Status: In progress
  • We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 9, 2014.
    We started processing your application on February 5, 2015.
[/quote]

3. Why have I not seen anyone going on their trip anyway and doing an Application for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad)?
Has anyone done this? How long does it take to get the Travel document to return?

[quote author=CIC-website]cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp[/quote]

4. What's to stop us from flying to and from our intended destination country from an airport in the US and returning to Canada by car from US after our trip abroad?
I assume nothing.

We don't need the PR Card to return into Canada from a visit to the US and we don't need a Visa to visit the US (Visa waiver country).
If we can't get urgent processing and we have wait for the review and if getting a Travel Document also takes time...

Bonus question!
Has anyone, after their PRC renewal completed, been provided with a reason for the application's delay?
It would be great to have a list here so that next time we can try to avoid having these issues.

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
all,

after so many months in second review, they sent me a RQ with more requests like coloured copies of passports, etc....so I guess this is gonna take a long time to review!

I still do not know what their criteria are for second review and RQ - but t seems more people are being invistigated nowadays as i read in the forum.

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KrisR said:
I went to the local Windsor Office and was able to pick up renewed PR card - No major questions , Couple of questions like where do i work , how many times had i travelled to my home country etc - It was overall a simple process
Timeline

Applied for PR renewal (urgent) Dec 22, 2014

Case removed from urgent processing - Told it was sent to Secondary

Decision Made - March 16 ,2015

PR card pick up - March 23 ,2015

Best of luck to all applicants.
Hi KrisR

I have a question for you.
I called CIC today and the agent told me that my renewed PR card was sent to the local office and I need to wait for local office to send me a pick up letter within 2-3 weeks.
In your letter, were you asked to pick up your card on appointed date? or Were you able to pick up any time?

Thank you

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
toronto_man said:
all,

after so many months in second review, they sent me a RQ with more requests like coloured copies of passports, etc....so I guess this is gonna take a long time to review!

I still do not know what their criteria are for second review and RQ - but t seems more people are being invistigated nowadays as i read in the forum.
So what documents they have asked you to provide other than colored copies of your passport?
Could you share your timeline?

hbsk786

Apr 28, 2014
I have submitted my PR renewal Application in September gone for second review in January 21st still no information, I will be greatly appreciated for updates if any one in the same period got the PR after second review

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
My situation is also very similar. Applies on 17th Sept 2014. Received in Sydney on 22nd Sept. E-Mail received on 28th Jan 2015 about the application sent for secondary review. No news since then. Called the Call Center. Advised me to wait. I have been waiting since then. Any advice on what should I do next? Many thanks..

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
hbsk786 said:
I have submitted my PR renewal Application in September gone for second review in January 21st still no information, I will be greatly appreciated for updates if any one in the same period got the PR after second review
I am July applicant still waiting......are there any July or August applicants received there PR ,please update if there is any change or any msg from call center agents why it is getting delayed.

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skippingrock said:
Hello, two questions, well four actually.

1. Does this quoted email mean the PRC renewal is in secondary review?

2. Do you think that there is any point requesting an upgrade to urgent processing?

3. Why have I not seen anyone going on their trip anyway and doing an Application for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad)?
Has anyone done this? How long does it take to get the Travel document to return?

4. What's to stop us from flying to and from our intended destination country from an airport in the US and returning to Canada by car from US after our trip abroad?
I assume nothing.

We don't need the PR Card to return into Canada from a visit to the US and we don't need a Visa to visit the US (Visa waiver country).
If we can't get urgent processing and we have wait for the review and if getting a Travel Document also takes time...

Bonus question!
Has anyone, after their PRC renewal completed, been provided with a reason for the application's delay?
It would be great to have a list here so that next time we can try to avoid having these issues.
Hi. I'm no expert but I'll give it a try to answer your questions based on what I've read in this forum and others and my own experience:

1. Probably yes, although the wording looks different than what I've received (and others)
2. It won't hurt to give it a shot but others have said when they called CIC to ask they said there is no Urgent Processing in secondary review
3. I have not . There is a risk involved from what I've read as there is no guarantee a Travel Document will be issued. I don't know of anyone that has done this before.
4. Nothing. However always expect the unexpected (my personal motto) so be careful. Without a PR card there is a chance you will be stuck outside Canada for a while.

Hope that helps! Good luck to all of us.

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kovil said:
I am July applicant still waiting......are there any July or August applicants received there PR ,please update if there is any change or any msg from call center agents why it is getting delayed.
Hi Kovil,

Wow so you've been waiting since July? Sorry to hear that bud. I've been waiting since mid-September and I thought it was a long time.

Looks like this will take longer than I anticipated.

Will keep everyone posted with the progress.

Thanks and good luck all

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
KrisR said:
Yes you can -

i traveled across the Windsor -Detroit for close to 3 months with an expired PR card.

Make sure that you have the following with you -

1.) Expired PR card
2.) Passport -current and expired
3.) COPR ( original - I was never asked but just in case)
4.) Confirmation that you have applied for renewal - Important - This is the CC payment that i had done for the renewal application and they would want to see it

5.) I also had CBSA /US entries and exit records ( in case - But was never asked this).
Dear KrisR,

1- Do CIC send the renewed PR by mail or ask the applicant to pick it from the local office ? As per my knowledge it supposed to be sent by mail unless quality assurance randomly picked up your application and asked you to pick it from the local office ..am I right?

2- Does the local office checked and compared all submitted documents in the application with original one at the time of picking the new PR? like checking passport copy with original passport page by page and check all stamps ?

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Just called the CIC and the response is the application is in PROCESS, exactly what is stated on their web site.
As I am having some urgency to travel to India (country of citizenship), to return, I must get a PRTD (PR Travel Document).
Anyone in this forum has ever done it? How difficult is that step? Any input from anyone with such experience will certainly help us a lot. Kindly advise. Many thanks in advance..