+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
All,

If this helps , my application status changed to Decision Made.

It reads - Your request for a PR card has been approved on March xx ,15. You will be mailed or if quality assurance is required, asked to pick up the card from the local CIC office.

The status got updated on March 14,2014.
I called the call center and it looks like my card has been sent to the local office. I will recieve a letter asking me to pick it up ( I guess with documentation submitted with the application)

KrisR said:
I applied on Dec 22 ,2014 via Urgent Processing for PR renewal.
On the day that i applied, I had about 795 days of presence in Canada.
It should be noted that i live in Windsor , ON and commute to work in Detroit on H1B visa- Go in the morning and Come back in the evening ( Per PR regulations ,that counts as a single day).
I was also told by CIC call center that my application needs additional Verification ( I am presuming secondary review) and no timeline has been provided.

My ECAS shows that my application status is in 'In Process' as of Jan 5,2015. I have not got a secondary review letter to my email or by regular post.
I sent a huge application with daily US entries, CBSA entries, mortage stmts, credit/bank stmts, family's PR status , insurance (home/vehicle), utilitie bills ,Doc visits etc.

Waiting to hear back on my application ..

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although I cancelled my PR card renewal due to my approval of citizenship, I still got my PR card renewed.

Let me give you my timeline just in case.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 29, 2014.

We started processing your application on January 31, 2015.

We sent you a letter on January 31, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on March 13, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm also in the same situation-seems like CIC is increasing the number of cases sent to secondary review.

I sent the application to renew the PR card on September 8th, 2014. Got an email on January 20th, 2015 that my application was referred to a secondary review (I have over 745 days of residency in the last 5 years and my card has expired).

It's been almost 2 months and I haven't heard any feedback since then. For a month almost I couldn't see the status of my application online but about 3 weeks ago the status appeared once again as "In Process". I guess during that time the file was put aside.

Will keep everyone posted.

Good luck to everyone...

Mar 9, 2015
Thank you KrisR and China chan for updating the status.
Please keep us posted when you receive an email to pick up your card from the office or when you receive it.
Thanks .

Mar 9, 2015
chinachan said:
Although I cancelled my PR card renewal due to my approval of citizenship, I still got my PR card renewed.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter on January 31, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on March 13, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
Is the status same for your husband too Chinachan?Did he get a separate email or this status applies to whole family?

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
chinachan said:

Congratulations:)

Thank you for sharing your timeline.

I have sent my application on September 10, 2014 and received a secondary review letter on January 21, 2015. Still no response from CIC.

robertonnj

Feb 9, 2015
I sent my application for urgent processing.
Application in process as of Feb 10th. No email or letter received, but when I called I was informed it's in secondary review.
Waiting...

jala25

Jun 19, 2012
robertonnj said:
Application in process as of Feb 10th. No email or letter received, but when I called I was informed it's in secondary review.
Waiting...
[/quote
hi
every one
my question is that how can i get PR RENEWAL PACKAGEforms and guide from

Mar 9, 2015
robertonnj said:
Waiting...
How many days did you have on Canada when you applied?

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1234567 said:
Is the status same for your husband too Chinachan?Did he get a separate email or this status applies to whole family?
We received separate letters (each of us has different client ID) for processing delay and also
Ecas status for all of us (two adults and two children) updated in same day.

I called CIC today and the officer told me our cards are printing and hasn't mailed yet.

I believe now CIC is started to focus on processing for secondary review.

So yours also coming soon, just like ours.

Good luck!!!

Mar 9, 2015
chinachan said:
We received separate letters (each of us has different client ID) for processing delay and also
Ecas status for all of us (two adults and two children) updated in same day.

I called CIC today and the officer told me our cards are printing and hasn't mailed yet.

I believe now CIC is started to focus on processing for secondary review.

So yours also coming soon, just like ours.

Good luck!!!
Thanks for the wishes and Congratulations! to you and your family.
I was just curious Chinachan ,did your husband have the same no .of days in Canada as you or did you guys have different days?

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1234567 said:
Thanks for the wishes and Congratulations! to you and your family.
I was just curious Chinachan ,did your husband have the same no .of days in Canada as you or did you guys have different days?
Thanks,

My husband had more days in Canada. I travel a lot outside of Canada with kids during summer vacation.

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Are there any updates in this week's progress among applicants in this topic, very anxiously waiting for some to receive there cards....so that we willbe followed.

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Kovil said:
Are there any updates in this week's progress among applicants in this topic, very anxiously waiting for some to receive there cards....so that we willbe followed.
No update. Its been over 2 months now.