+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbguru said:
My situation is the same as yours, CIC received my urgent application on Jan 8,2015 and started processing it on Jan 9,2015.I also have not got a secondary review letter to my email or by regular post. The only option is to wait...
Did you find about secondary review by calling to CIC?

I sent regular application in end of Sept and I expect my renewal card coming this month but went for secondary review.
I have to leave Canada for a week in next month so I still sent urgent request last week and they replied me that they informed processing center about my request... but I don't expect something good.
I guess my request will not help my processing faster. sigh....

I am pretty sad.
Being a PR resident from 2009 and I have only 470 days absent out of 5 years.
My kids go to school and we decided to live here most of our life.
I just want to visit my best friend wedding party for a week but I cannot stay there for a month for travel document since I am mother of three children.
All I want is PR card to come back here but I do not have freedom to do so :-[

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
reza5576 said:
Thanks so much CANAVAN003,

One question, Is it possible that CIC asks for additional information by regular mail instead of e-mail? I have provided e-mail address and I received my first letter from CIC by e-mail.

Yes, CIC can send you the letter through regular mail. I have provided my email address but I received my secondary review letter by regular mail.

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
hussain13 said:
My time line is:
They received my application on August 4'2014
Started processing on Jan 14'2015
I received an email from them on Jan 14th that application is forwarded to review team for secondary review.
I am expecting that it will take at least 2-3 months till they made the decision, appreciate if friends could share their experience & what kind of additional documents they may asked.
Regards,

Can u update if any change in u r status plz.

rawinmigrant

Feb 17, 2015
Same situation as the rest, sent the application late August, got a letter January saying my application needs a secondary review. One month after I haven't got anything from them.
What bothers me really is the fact that it is written in the webpage that processing times are 138 calendar days. So my understanding of this is that maximum it will take 138 days to process my application, there is nothing written about a secondary revision or so, the information provided is then that the secondary review should be part of the processing times, otherwise it should be specified, "138 calendar days if there is no secondary revision needed".
I called and they said that there is no time limit on the secondary revision, it could be 4 days, 4 month or a year, there is nothing saying this revision should take maximum 3 months or so. Not having the PR for so long is limiting my freedom for traveling etc, this should be unacceptable. I understand it takes time to process, but just the answer can not be there is no time limit, there should be a time limit. The 138 calendar days looks like the limit in the webpage.

goldjay

Sep 6, 2013
It looks like 127 days is only for applications without 2nd review.
They put aside the 2nd review application files for the time being.

dbguru

Feb 3, 2015
goldjay said:
It looks like 127 days is only for applications without 2nd review.
They put aside the 2nd review application files for the time being.
I think so. Currently, all the 2nd review application files have not been processes by CIC.

torontonianguy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
I applied June,2014....CIC started processing in Nov,14 got email in Dec,2014 to send colored copies of my passport..I did that n delivered on 12 Dec,2014.I called call centre they said they got it on 23 Dec,2014.I called them again this week they said still waiting for secondary review by an officer.

PUJA

Apr 19, 2012
Hi Guys,

We applied for PR card renewal on Sept. 24,got an email from CIC on Jan 31 that the file has gone for secondary processing and that they need my the coloured copy of passport for my son.
They received the documents on Feb 12.
The thing is My husband has completed 800+days in Canada,My son has completed 760 days in Canada but I am on 745 days on the date of application which was sept 16,2014.
We still are in Canada and our cards are expiring on March 15.
Do you think,there would be any problem due to less time in Canada for me 745 days?
I am totally worried.Any opinions??

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
PUJA said:
Hi Guys,

We applied for PR card renewal on Sept. 24,got an email from CIC on Jan 31 that the file has gone for secondary processing and that they need my the coloured copy of passport for my son.
They received the documents on Feb 12.
The thing is My husband has completed 800+days in Canada,My son has completed 760 days in Canada but I am on 745 days on the date of application which was sept 16,2014.
We still are in Canada and our cards are expiring on March 15.
Do you think,there would be any problem due to less time in Canada for me 745 days?
I am totally worried.Any opinions??
I guess no as you have lived in Canada for more than 730 days.

hbsk786

Apr 28, 2014
Hi Guys,
I have applied for PR card renewal and sent application in September, gone for Second review but my E case has not showing any status. Any one has received PR card after Second review. If Yes after how many day. Your reply will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
hbsk786 said:
Hi Guys,
I have applied for PR card renewal and sent application in September, gone for Second review but my E case has not showing any status. Any one has received PR card after Second review. If Yes after how many day. Your reply will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Same situation with me. Application gone for secondary review. ECAS is not updated.

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
PUJA said:
Any updates from anyone whose secondary review process is completed???
Still no change in august 15th application which is in secondary review. Any July applications with update in secondary review?

hussain13

Jun 27, 2013
My case went for secondary review in mid of January & as of now no further email. I think, CIC just aside the cases without looking at them in order to improve the processing time because now you could notice that the processing time is reduced to 130 days which was last month reached to 175 days. May be later some time, they would start processing 2ndary review cases but I think they are not in hurry since they don't give any time frame on their web site.