+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

dbguru

Feb 3, 2015
My urgent application for renewal of PR CARD was also sent to another unit for second-level review on Jan 9,2015.

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question much like the other recent ones here.

I applied for PR renewal Aug 1st, 2014, got a request from CIC Mid January for color copies of my passport, and all entry and exit documents. I called CIC and the officer I talked to said I should send any other supporting documents that I have to back up my physical presence. I send everything I had including apartments leases, rent receipts, T4's, etc. I got back to them within 3 days (signed and received). I am still waiting for the card or any update (Feb 2, 2015).

Is that the request for additional information unusual? Also how long does it usually take for the new PR card after that? I am concerned that the request for more information is unusual or something I should be concerned about.

I am also about a week or two away from mailing in my citizenship application. Maybe I should wait to mail that until I have my new card?
(Current card expires April 15, 2015)

Thanks

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbguru said:
My urgent application for renewal of PR CARD was also sent to another unit for second-level review on Jan 9,2015.

Oh no, that's sad.
Any update after that?

Since my renewal application is in process, I e-mailed them with air tickets etc yesterday and I got the reply.
I believe it's just standard e-mail that they received my request. I will see how it will go and I will post here once I found out.

reza5576

Feb 5, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have the same situation. I sent my request on Aug. 2014. At the time of signing the application I had 765 days physical presence in Canada during past 5 year. On 28th Jan. 2015 I received an e-mail from CIC indicating the prelaminary review of my application has been completed and it has been reffered to SECONDARY REVIEW.

When I checked my online status I found that they started working on my application on 28th Jan. (the same day that I received the e-mail for secondary review)

This is the last status in my online file (in CIC status check):

In process

"We sent you a letter on January 28, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

- Does it means that I will receive another letter by mail or this letter is the same e-mail taht I received on 28th Jan.?

- In the e-mail that I received there was no request for additional information. It was only announce of delay in processing time because of reffering to secondary review. Why they have mention about "sending the additional information as soon as possible" when there was no information request in the e-mail?

Has anyone the similar experinces?

Thanks

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
reza5576 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have the same situation. I sent my request on Aug. 2014. At the time of signing the application I had 765 days physical presence in Canada during past 5 year. On 28th Jan. 2015 I received an e-mail from CIC indicating the prelaminary review of my application has been completed and it has been reffered to SECONDARY REVIEW.

When I checked my online status I found that they started working on my application on 28th Jan. (the same day that I received the e-mail for secondary review)

This is the last status in my online file (in CIC status check):

In process

"We sent you a letter on January 28, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

- Does it means that I will receive another letter by mail or this letter is the same e-mail taht I received on 28th Jan.?

- In the e-mail that I received there was no request for additional information. It was only announce of delay in processing time because of reffering to secondary review. Why they have mention about "sending the additional information as soon as possible" when there was no information request in the e-mail?

Has anyone the similar experinces?

Thanks
Hi reza5576

Everybody is going through the same process. The letter/email you received from CIC about additional delay is just to inform you that you will have to wait more and they will try to process your application at earliest. However, while processing your application if they need some additional document regarding your residency proof they will send you another letter/email. If they ask you to provide additional documents, send them as soon as you can in order to get your card without further delay. They may ask you to collect the card in person or they will mail your card to your address.

KITTI

May 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello dear friends
I would like to take your professional opinion concerning a friend of mine.
She landed in July 2010, and until this date all she spent in Canada is about 3months total. She was taking care of her mum back home because she was sick. Now her mum passed away and she wants go back to Canada and stay permanently. Her PR is still valid till August 2015. Can she travel back or will she face a problem in the airport. She knows that if she applies for a PR card renewal they will refuse it because she did not meet the RO but once she enters she will stay there for 5 consecutive years. But again the big question will they let her in?

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KITTI said:
Hello dear friends
I would like to take your professional opinion concerning a friend of mine.
She landed in July 2010, and until this date all she spent in Canada is about 3months total. She was taking care of her mum back home because she was sick. Now her mum passed away and she wants go back to Canada and stay permanently. Her PR is still valid till August 2015. Can she travel back or will she face a problem in the airport. She knows that if she applies for a PR card renewal they will refuse it because she did not meet the RO but once she enters she will stay there for 5 consecutive years. But again the big question will they let her in?
Hi,

as long as PR car is not expired, your friend will not have any problem when she return to Canada.

Yes, she may when she renew, so stay Canada long enough days in order to apply PR card.
Now maybe she can prepare some supporting documents explains her reason out of Canada for so long for her PR renewal in the future.

KITTI

May 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinachan said:
Hi,

as long as PR car is not expired, your friend will not have any problem when she return to Canada.

Yes, she may when she renew, so stay Canada long enough days in order to apply PR card.
Now maybe she can prepare some supporting documents explains her reason out of Canada for so long for her PR renewal in the future.
thank you chinachan for your response.

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
saman_ra said:
Hi Paul,

I received the similar letter for "secondary review".
Do you have any update about the status of your file?
I contacted CIC but it seems there is no information available on the file

When was your application sent initially saman_ra.."...just to calculate how long it took to complete the process
Thank you

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
toronto_man said:
congrat - so did they cmplete processing your parents application which went through the second review?
Can you update if any changes in your status toronto_man.
Thank you

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Any one from this forum can you please update any information if you have as to how far they have come.
Thank you

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Kovil said:
Any one from this forum can you please update any information if you have as to how far they have come.
Thank you
Mine still shows 'in process'.

reza5576

Feb 5, 2015
Thanks so much CANAVAN003,

One question, Is it possible that CIC asks for additional information by regular mail instead of e-mail? I have provided e-mail address and I received my first letter from CIC by e-mail.

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
I applied on Dec 22 ,2014 via Urgent Processing for PR renewal.
On the day that i applied, I had about 795 days of presence in Canada.
It should be noted that i live in Windsor , ON and commute to work in Detroit on H1B visa- Go in the morning and Come back in the evening ( Per PR regulations ,that counts as a single day).
I was also told by CIC call center that my application needs additional Verification ( I am presuming secondary review) and no timeline has been provided.

My ECAS shows that my application status is in 'In Process' as of Jan 5,2015. I have not got a secondary review letter to my email or by regular post.
I sent a huge application with daily US entries, CBSA entries, mortage stmts, credit/bank stmts, family's PR status , insurance (home/vehicle), utilitie bills ,Doc visits etc.

Waiting to hear back on my application ..

dbguru

Feb 3, 2015
KrisR said:
I applied on Dec 22 ,2014 via Urgent Processing for PR renewal.
On the day that i applied, I had about 795 days of presence in Canada.
It should be noted that i live in Windsor , ON and commute to work in Detroit on H1B visa- Go in the morning and Come back in the evening ( Per PR regulations ,that counts as a single day).
I was also told by CIC call center that my application needs additional Verification ( I am presuming secondary review) and no timeline has been provided.

My ECAS shows that my application status is in 'In Process' as of Jan 5,2015. I have not got a secondary review letter to my email or by regular post.
I sent a huge application with daily US entries, CBSA entries, mortage stmts, credit/bank stmts, family's PR status , insurance (home/vehicle), utilitie bills ,Doc visits etc.

Waiting to hear back on my application ..
My situation is the same as yours, CIC received my urgent application on Jan 8,2015 and started processing it on Jan 9,2015.I also have not got a secondary review letter to my email or by regular post. The only option is to wait...