+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hussain13 said:
My case went for secondary review in mid of January & as of now no further email. I think, CIC just aside the cases without looking at them in order to improve the processing time because now you could notice that the processing time is reduced to 130 days which was last month reached to 175 days. May be later some time, they would start processing 2ndary review cases but I think they are not in hurry since they don't give any time frame on their web site.
I believe so too. My application started processing on Jan 31 and on the same day they sent letter for notice of delay.
I think as soon as the officer find out the application is not simple, they just put aside for further review.

rawinmigrant

Feb 17, 2015
I think the idea is correct, they process faster the easier cases and put the harder ones into a secondary review pile, but they have to give information about this in the website and also some timelines for the secondary revision process, how long it will take to process that secondary pile of cases. This is very important since people waiting for a PR card could feel really limited for example if they need to travel, go for vacations etc. I applied in late august and got the letter for the secondary process in mid January, so far nothing.

ns_AB

Jan 5, 2015
Nothing yet. My application was received on Aug-11-2014 and sent for secondary review on Jan-05-2015. No update since then.

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
toronto_man said:
secondary review can take up to 6 months and may end up transferring the whole case to the local office....
Thanks for the information. Is this information available on CIC website?

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
there is no official information for second review - they say every case is different. My statement is based on my personal experience :)

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be in my country for two months and my PR card renewal is under second review.

I am going to apply for Travel document for returning to Canada.

Is there any possibility that my application for Travel document will be disapproved because of the delay of my processing...???

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
toronto_man said:
there is no official information for second review - they say every case is different. My statement is based on my personal experience :)
Can u clear if six months from date of application or from date of secondary review status. What was u r interview experience....can u share plz.

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
toronto_man said:
Did you received your PR Card?

Fanta_Nov

Jan 6, 2015
chinachan said:
I will be in my country for two months and my PR card renewal is under second review.

I am going to apply for Travel document for returning to Canada.

Is there any possibility that my application for Travel document will be disapproved because of the delay of my processing...???
Chinachan,

You got oath invite and why you want to apply TD to enter back?? Once you are citizen you are no more a PR of Canada !

thx

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, "I "means "my husband".

I got oath for citizenship so I canceled my PR card renewal but not my husband. He didn't apply for citizenship so his renewal application is still under review...

hussain13

Jun 27, 2013
toronto_man said:
It means you receive your PR card after 6 months?
Could anybody advise me how they send the PR card by mail, by Canada Post or other courier like FedEx.

systems

Nov 24, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Here are my PR Renewal time lines.
PR RENEWAL APPLIED : SEPT 2014
SECONDARY REVIEW EMAIL : FEB 10 2015
Case appeared on website after 4 days.
No updates since then.

Please update your timeline and especially if some got the PR renewed recently after the secondary review please share.
From this group and others it looks like secondary review can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 1 year ?

Thx