+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The main difference between the old and the new rules is that the people will be processed faster without all that old school mess delivered only from the current old rules.

The final citizenship will be absolutely the same, but it will be obtained faster.

What is that rush to apply under this slow old system of rules I don't understand when the end goal of everyone is to get their passports faster?

Old rules = Slow

New rules = Fast

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
MUFC said:
I think a huge reason for that a little bit early date was to stop the overwhelming huge volume of frantic rushing people, because there is a big possibility of another slow moving batch Aril May and June in addition with the old backlog is really a big problem for proper fast processing.

Not sure about that. there may be a possibility for slower processing time to April-June applicants, but why would this government care about this?

If anything they have extra year to deal with these as well as older application in the backlog

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DND said:
Not sure about that. there may be a possibility for slower processing time to April-June applicants, but why would this government care about this?

If anything they have extra year to deal with these as well as older application in the backlog
The total volume of applications from the last 100 days most probably equals the total number from the last 300 days. Most probably CIC has ring the bell to stop the traffic ASAP.

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
MUFC said:
The total volume of applications from the last 100 days most probably equals the total number from the last 300 days. Most probably CIC has ring the bell to stop the traffic ASAP.
Why? what changed? Suddenly lots of PRs decided to act on "no news" from the CIC and go straight into the 4+ year RQ waiting line?

Also this assumption required a massive amount of applicants who will loose much from the rule. I.e. it should be:
- Applicants who will wait extra 2 years because of pre PR days do not count
- Applicants who need the PR (to presumably pursue opportunities elsewhere)

It doesn't make lot of sense, since this type of these applicants already spent many years in Canada before becoming a PR, remember that per old rules you can apply for a PR after 2 years of (temporal) working experience in Canada, in some cases after obtaining advanced degree here

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
MUFC said:
The main difference between the old and the new rules is that the people will be processed faster without all that old school mess delivered only from the current old rules.

The final citizenship will be absolutely the same, but it will be obtained faster.

What is that rush to apply under this slow old system of rules I don't understand when the end goal of everyone is to get their passports faster?

Old rules = Slow

New rules = Fast
After
•Changes citizenship grant to a single-step process for most applications that reduces duplication and improves processing times (in effect since August 2014)

Faster processing is effective since august 2014. Not now.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinpguy said:
After
•Changes citizenship grant to a single-step process for most applications that reduces duplication and improves processing times (in effect since August 2014)

Faster processing is effective since august 2014. Not now.
From this week they will have direct inter-institutional business channels to share information. This will for sure make the process faster.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DND said:
Why? what changed? Suddenly lots of PRs decided to act on "no news" from the CIC and go straight into the 4+ year RQ waiting line?

Also this assumption required a massive amount of applicants who will loose much from the rule. I.e. it should be:
- Applicants who will wait extra 2 years because of pre PR days do not count
- Applicants who need the PR (to presumably pursue opportunities elsewhere)

It doesn't make lot of sense, since this type of these applicants already spent many years in Canada before becoming a PR, remember that per old rules you can apply for a PR after 2 years of (temporal) working experience in Canada, in some cases after obtaining advanced degree here
The paranoia have started from April that they cold implement the new rules any day. Ever since that period you can see how many people have started to rush for no reason submitting applications with minimal days requirement.

I am sure that CIC is tracking how many applications they receive on a daily or weekly basis.
The paranoia from the people created all that mess

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
MUFC said:
The paranoia have started from April that they cold implement the new rules any day. Ever since that period you can see how many people have started to rush for no reason submitting applications with minimal days requirement.

I am sure that CIC is tracking how many applications they receive on a daily or weekly basis.
The paranoia from the people created all that mess
I agree with you that the amount of applications increased, maybe even significantly.
But why would CIC/anybody else care?

CIC already proved the ability to serve application out of order (for instance recent applications in GTA completed in less then 1 year, while some RQs still waiting for almost 4 years)

From the perspective of this government it would be even better to hand RQ to such applicant, as if somebody is in a rush and submits application with just 1095 (or even fewer) days, maybe it is better to delay/check them as much as possible

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DND said:
I agree with you that the amount of applications increased, maybe even significantly.
But why would CIC/anybody else care?

CIC already proved the ability to serve application out of order (for instance recent applications in GTA completed in less then 1 year, while some RQs still waiting for almost 4 years)

From the perspective of this government it would be even better to hand RQ to such applicant, as if somebody is in a rush and submits application with just 1095 (or even fewer) days, maybe it is better to delay/check them as much as possible
It seems that CIC has a goal-line how much applications can be processed in a period of time.
The Non-routine applications create backlog.
The higher amount of applications also create backlog.

There will be for sure an increased rate of issued RQs for the last months applicants, also a big potential of extra backlog.

And the logical decision from CIC to the government is STOP THE TRAFFIC, BECAUSE IS GETTING FAR TOO MUCH.

CIC doesn't want extra backlog anymore and the current situation creates more and more backlog.

neonblue

May 7, 2015
MUFC said:

Old rules = Slow

New rules = Fast
Seems like our situation is quite similar. Under the new rule I wouldn't be eligible until end of July, but under the new rule I can apply on June 12th with more than 100 buffer days. But seems like right now CIC is inundated with many rushed applications, if I apply as soon as the new rule becomes effective, would that hurt my application that it may get into the middle of all that pile.

Or is it necessary to wait a little more until July?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neonblue said:
Seems like our situation is quite similar. Under the new rule I wouldn't be eligible until end of July, but under the new rule I can apply on June 12th with more than 100 buffer days. But seems like right now CIC is inundated with many rushed applications, if I apply as soon as the new rule becomes effective, would that hurt my application that it may get into the middle of all that pile.

Or is it necessary to wait a little more until July?
I would not rush to apply under the new rules right away, because i don't want my application to be in one pile with huge amount of problematic applications around me.

I would wait a little longer before i submit my application.

Right now the situation at CIC is a big mess.

I will submit later to get my passport faster.

neonblue

May 7, 2015
MUFC said:
I would not rush to apply under the new rules right away, because i don't want my application to be in one pile with huge amount of problematic applications around me.

I would wait a little longer before i submit my application.

Right now the situation at CIC is a big mess.

I will submit later to get my passport faster.
Thanks, I was feeling uneasy about applying right away. When do you think would be a good time though, would early July be a good idea?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neonblue said:
Thanks, I was feeling uneasy about applying right away. When do you think would be a good time though, would early July be a good idea?
It depends whether you are in a rush.

In my case I am not in rush for the Canadian citizenship, because I have already a passport which gives me the same benefits like the Canadian.
I would wait until the people from the last months stop complaining from getting the upcoming RQs for them. That means that their applications will be in a separate location collecting dust, after this for me it is clear indication that I would not be surrounded with bad applications around me and I would apply after that on the clean CIC officers desks.

I am not rushing.

wd1

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
neonblue said:
Late 2020 would be better time than July.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
After June 11, there will be a sharp drop in applications since majority, 99% of them apply when they meet 3 years. There will still be a few applications being submitted after June 11 by those who already has 4 years or more in. From june 11, 2015 to june 11, 2016 cic will be able to handle backlog of the 3/4 application better.