+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
staralihaider said:
Dual citizens and people who have immigrated to Canada can have their citizenship taken away, according to a new bill.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/899400/dual-citizens-immigrants-could-lose-canadian-citizenship-under-new-bill/
Thank God it can be taken away. If you want to cheat the system or get involved in terrorrist acts, you don't have a place in Canada.

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For all of us if we are living in canada we have to fair with this country. This country giving you each and everything. So always thanks to God.

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wd1 said:
It would be kind of you if you post on forums couple of names or address's.
I know 4 to 6 people around me but i cannot complain. This is same like there are so many people in canada that are living illegal in canada same like UK but you cant find them and cant complain.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
staralihaider said:
For all of us if we are living in canada we have to fair with this country. This country giving you each and everything. So always thanks to God.
Don't forget that this new Law is reality now, because of all those cheaters in the past. Don't blame the government.

Blame the people with the F*cked up minds.

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
Don't forget that this new Law is reality now, because of all those cheaters in the past. Don't blame the government.

Blame the people with the F*cked up minds.
Yes this law is good. Be fair with your country.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The new Law will Fix a lot of problems. Only those who were not genuine applicants have reasons to complain.

We don't want cheaters and criminals.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
MUFC said:
The new Law will Fix a lot of problems. Only those who were not genuine applicants have reasons to complain.

We don't want cheaters and criminals.
People move to Canada originally with the intention to settle and remain here, however the reality is the job market sucks. Even for those already employed in Canada in professional jobs they can still find better pay and better chances to grow in a healthier economy. So the new rule won't stop them from leaving and working abroad, it will just delay them 1 more year.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
ITS TOUGH FRIENDS. I REALLY FEEL
BAD FOR PEOPLE WHO WILL FALL IN NEW
RULES. NUMBER 1 ITS SO DIFFICULT TO FIND
JOBS IN CANADA AND THEN ONE WOULD HAVE TO
REMAIN COMMITTED TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN
CANADA WHICH CAN TAKE CLOSE TO 5 YRS (4 YEARS RULE
PLUS TRIPS BACK HOME-SICK PARENT, FAMILY EMERGENCY PLUS CIC PROCESSING TIMES)
IT CAN HURT ONES PLAN OF HIGHER STUDIES, OR FORIEGN TRIPS
DUE TO EMPLOYMENT

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
Hello,

In a recent link on gc.ca, a comparison is given between new and old rules:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=985219

Regarding the time as a non-permanent resident (non-PR), It says "Eliminates use of time spent in Canada as a non-permanent resident (non-PR) for most applicants". My question is about word "most". I think it is something new. Does anyone know if there are any exemptions?

Thanks

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadimo said:
Hello,

In a recent link on gc.ca, a comparison is given between new and old rules:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=985219

Regarding the time as a non-permanent resident (non-PR), It says "Eliminates use of time spent in Canada as a non-permanent resident (non-PR) for most applicants". My question is about word "most". I think it is something new. Does anyone know if there are any exemptions?

Thanks
As always, if you're in the army, working for the government, etc. Anyways, forget it, you are not in these exceptions....

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
godhelp said:
ITS TOUGH FRIENDS. I REALLY FEEL
BAD FOR PEOPLE WHO WILL FALL IN NEW
RULES. NUMBER 1 ITS SO DIFFICULT TO FIND
JOBS IN CANADA AND THEN ONE WOULD HAVE TO
REMAIN COMMITTED TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN
CANADA WHICH CAN TAKE CLOSE TO 5 YRS (4 YEARS RULE
PLUS TRIPS BACK HOME-SICK PARENT, FAMILY EMERGENCY PLUS CIC PROCESSING TIMES)
IT CAN HURT ONES PLAN OF HIGHER STUDIES, OR FORIEGN TRIPS
DUE TO EMPLOYMENT
The old rules were horrible for people who travel a lot. Thanks to The administrative changes due to the new Law now it is unlikely an application to be on a pile without being opened for years due to the backlog.
The overall time from applying to the actual grant of citizenship will be almost the same compared to now.

Nobody likes to be in the backlog, the new system will fix all the mess from the old rules.

ArvindXBhatia

Nov 11, 2010
I sent my package today to stay in the old rules. I became eligible (1095 days) on 7th June. Under the new rules, I would be eligible in August 2017 due to pre-PR time not counting.

Am I sure to get an RQ ? And do you guys think I will save some time by applying under the old rules ?

Thanks !