+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
m22ij said:
If the province i am intending to live in doesnt give me what I want which is a good job and what not so why would I bother,, I came and signed it thinking that yes I will get a good job,, life is going to be amazing,, my dreams will come true, but when I landed my dreams were shattered.
To be fair

You are free to move wherever you want as a PR. if you are able to find a better employment in a different province (And thus paying more taxes) I'm very happy for you.

However, it is clear that the province made a mistake with sponsoring you and it need to adjust the requirements for future newcomers. I believe this is also the intent of the new Express Entry program (for instance the province will sponsor only temporal working who already have employment there)

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
MUFC said:
Many people are blaming this government, but in practise one of the biggest reasons for that law to happen are exactly those people who have had cheated the system by declaring physical presence in Canada during the eligibility period when actually they were outside of Canada for the same declared period.

I don't blame this government for WHAT it does, but I sure blame them for HOW they do it

It is now almost June, and I still can't plan a summer vacation (after not being able to plan a winter vacation)

I'm eligible end of June and normally I would take the Canada day long weekend to go to Europe/US and maybe apply some time in Aug/September or even later
Now I need to wait for end of June, and a few weeks for "buffer" and even then I'm not sure that I will be able to apply without the CIC backdating the Effective date on me

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then apply at the end of June and make your summer vacation plans properly.
If you want to apply under the old rules just stay here until you are eligible and have a great summer.

The silence is playing only in your favour guys, Silence and lack of official news means only one thing ------> old rules are still valid

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
MUFC said:
Then apply at the end of June and make your summer vacation plans properly.
If you want to apply under the old rules just stay here until you are eligible and have a great summer.

The silence is playing only in your favour guys, Silence and lack of official news means only one thing ------> old rules are still valid
I don't want to get RQ, because I took many (short) vacations during the recent years. So waiting a few weeks seems prudent to me

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DND said:
I don't want to get RQ, because I took many (short) vacations during the recent years. So waiting a few weeks seems prudent to me
I understand you, because it looks like we are in the same boat. yesterday I came back from another short vacation close to midnight and I am sure that on the official records my entry will show today's date.
Just an example, you know what I mean.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
CIC has fairly broad discretion in deciding what fees are required and establishing the regulations governing them. The February 2014 fee increase procedure does not dictate how this transition will work.

As I noted, the example of how CIC implemented the February 2014 fee increase was probably part of why I initially (last year) concluded the 4/6 rule would be applied similarly . . . but in looking at the language of the statutes which have been adopted in the SCCA, it appears that the date that matters is the date the application is signed, so long as it was complete when signed . . . not the date it arrives at CIC.

Regardless of the approach CIC took regarding the fees . . . and regarding previous changes to required content in applications . . . the statutory language is controlling. CIC cannot adopt a policy inconsistent with the statute. I am not a Canadian lawyer, so I cannot conclusively interpret the statute. I see no one else posting here who can do so either.

So we canNOT derive a definitive inference from CIC's previous approach. We do not know.

Those who want to be safe will, of course, make a concerted effort to ship the application in time to be received by CIC at least one business day before the new law takes effect . . . assuming the date is known before the new law takes effect. But we do not know, not for sure, if a back-dated application received at CIC after the new law takes effect will be processed pursuant to the 3/4 rule or not.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When the date is officially announced and confirmed sometime in the second half of this year the people can try that option.

I don't want to put big hopes on that, because I think that their applications will be returned.

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
yesterday I came back from another short vacation close to midnight and I am sure that on the official records my entry will show today's date.
Why?

I ordered entry records from CBSA and all the entries contain the exact time - including hours, minutes and even seconds.
And comparing those records with Google's location history, it looks like those are the actual times when my passport/PR card was scanned.

Alias

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hi,

In the forum I have seen some of you ordering the CBSA report for your entry/exit information. As per the citizenship application form (section 9D) we should not contact CBSA to request history of our entries.

So are you collecting this to confirm your entry/exit dates on the residence calculator OR are you submitting the CBSA report along with your citizenship application.

Thanks,

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Alias said:
Hi,

In the forum I have seen some of you ordering the CBSA report for your entry/exit information. As per the citizenship application form (section 9D) we should not contact CBSA to request history of our entries.

So are you collecting this to confirm your entry/exit dates on the residence calculator OR are you submitting the CBSA report along with your citizenship application.

Thanks,
People who ordered CBSA travel records are only ordering them to get accurate travel records for their residency calculator. They don't submit the records with the application as CIC can get the same records from CBSA.

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
DND said:
I don't blame this government for WHAT it does, but I sure blame them for HOW they do it

It is now almost June, and I still can't plan a summer vacation (after not being able to plan a winter vacation)

I'm eligible end of June and normally I would take the Canada day long weekend to go to Europe/US and maybe apply some time in Aug/September or even later
Now I need to wait for end of June, and a few weeks for "buffer" and even then I'm not sure that I will be able to apply without the CIC backdating the Effective date on me
exactly! Nobody is saying do not change the law if necessary.If the CIC says hey on August 1st the residency law`ll be different.Then now people can say okay I`ll apply for citizenship 2 years later.I am gonna plan my future differently now.

It is extremely dumb how the CIC acts.

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Most of us know by now how the CIC works.
With BillC24,they are creating 2 different classes of citizens.The ones they`ll and can keep forever.And the others they can get rid of whenever they wish.
Even if the ones they want to get rid of will be stateless,they don`t care.They can kick you out and say we do not care where you go.This government is that sneaky.
They`ll plan ahead and change your future you built with sweat and tears here.The bill gives the government and the CIC infinite power they can use on citizens they do not "like".In order to keep their power they can do everything.The weakest target they can aim is immigrants.
They are taking 250,000 people in the country.Creating no jobs.No infrastructure.No adequate social system in the country.No improvement in education whatsoever.

Whereas the US has many more problems like Canada.But business and opportunities for work and education are better.I do not get why this country has no innovation going on.Okay I get it.China produces everything for less.But if Canadians have jobs,they can produce,then they have the money to buy stuff that are costlier in production in Canada.Just like in the good old days in the US.

Or is canada just a country to suck "some" people`s blood and feed "some" people with that ? I really would like to know.

I really encourage fellow immigrants to think of the future,10 years ahead.Brace yourselves.Do not let any sneaky organization to play with you.
Especially Middle Eastern immigrants are always better targets for sneaky organizations(then Asians come) because they cannot attack their own descent.They wish not to.They would not to.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
After long time confusion and waiting I started preparing my application. :)

I have a doubt regarding the citizenship application form.
Its given
Provide photocopies of all your official education records if you attended an educational institution in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application.

Does that mean if you studied before 4 years then you should not provide photocopy of education records?

I studied outside Canada and almost 10 years back.

Section 7 is so confusing.Should I check both (main box and sub box)

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Martin29 said:
After long time confusion and waiting I started preparing my application. :)

I have a doubt regarding the citizenship application form.
Its given
Provide photocopies of all your official education records if you attended an educational institution in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application.

Does that mean if you studied before 4 years then you should not provide photocopy of education records?

I studied outside Canada and almost 10 years back.

Section 7 is so confusing.Should I check both (main box and sub box)
In your case you don't have to provide photocopy, because your diploma is older than 4 years.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjakub said:
Why?

I ordered entry records from CBSA and all the entries contain the exact time - including hours, minutes and even seconds.
And comparing those records with Google's location history, it looks like those are the actual times when my passport/PR card was scanned.
Consider yourself lucky :)

In my situation with a total of 38 exits and entries I am sure that I will have some discrepancies, between my records and the official CBSA records.