+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m22ij said:
I can assure you they have not returned many of my friends applications, they send them a letter or an email saying make sure you pay the difference and send us the the confirmation that is it.
So again, they were processed under the new fees, despite the fact that their applications were done and signed before the actual cut off date.
This is my point. The date the applications arrives in CIC Sydney is the important one.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
m22ij said:
Lets just assume that it is the case that you backdated, signed it and submitted it, don't you print out something called online residence calculator which proves you have been in the country for so many days,, if you for example did that, this is called fraud my friend,, first you lied on a government application and you consented on it , 2nd your application will be returned. If you have completed your 1095 you have to sign your application the day after your eligible which would be in total 1096, in the residence calculator you have to show those days, and if you have went out of the country you have to list it, or else RQ would flag big time.

Thanks
you have option to send in the resident calculator by hand on paper as well. I am sure a lot of people would rather risk getting RQ under the old 3/4 rule than wait up to 2 years to qualify again under the new rule (those who use pre-pr days) as part of qualification, especially those that don't want to abide by the new "intend to reside" clause under the new rule too.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your disputing two different things here, that is not a law, that is just a fee, tomorrow they increase the fees no big deal, but when you are arguing about a law that will affect many people's decisions and situation thats something else. Assuming paying 630 will affect you financially work extra hours, work another job if possible, but to wait on something that you were told something else how is that fair.. by the way changing fees wasn't even mentioned in the bill LOL.

MUFC said:
So again, they were processed under the new fees, despite the fact that their applications were done and signed before the actual cut off date.
This is my point. The date the applications arrives in CIC Sydney is the important one.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You clearly haven't printed one yet, it prints the date that you have printed that date on BTW..

Well if it RQd you would have to wait longer time either way.. so do what you please.

screech339 said:
you have option to send in the resident calculator by hand on paper as well. I am sure a lot of people would rather risk getting RQ under the old 3/4 rule than wait up to 2 years to qualify again under the new rule (those who use pre-pr days) as part of qualification.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m22ij said:
Your disputing two different things here, that is not a law, that is just a fee, tomorrow they increase the fees no big deal, but when you are arguing about a law that will affect many people's decisions and situation thats something else. Assuming paying 630 will affect you financially work extra hours, work another job if possible, but to wait on something that you were told something else how is that fair.. by the way changing fees wasn't even mentioned in the bill LOL.
It shows how they consider an application before or after certain date. It is based as of when the application arrives in the CIC office.

And like you said imagine about a change in the Law.

We see how strict they are only for the fees.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If this rule passes I will be with the new rule patch, and if they told to stay in canada i will be like ok here is your citizenship, give me back my taxes, Canada freedom and rights charter clearly states reside wherever you want. I have signed this paper as well to get my PR and I moved where I want.. it is an intention you want to say but sorry I can't

They can never take your citizenship away from you, well unless you're a terrorist thats something else, which I don't think you are.

screech339 said:
you have option to send in the resident calculator by hand on paper as well. I am sure a lot of people would rather risk getting RQ under the old 3/4 rule than wait up to 2 years to qualify again under the new rule (those who use pre-pr days) as part of qualification, especially those that don't want to abide by the new "intend to reside" clause under the new rule too.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
m22ij said:
If this rule passes I will be with the new rule patch, and if they told to stay in canada i will be like ok here is your citizenship, give me back my taxes, Canada freedom and rights charter clearly states reside wherever you want. I have signed this paper as well to get my PR and I moved where I want.. it is an intention you want to say but sorry I can't

They can never take your citizenship away from you, well unless you're a terrorist thats something else, which I don't think you are.
I am not talking about being forced to stay in Canada once you have citizenship. I am talking about those who are forced to reside in Canada until they get citizenship. I am sure a lot of them that don't like the "intend to reside" clause are those that want to apply for citizenship on way to airport.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We all know how the government is looking to get money from anything lol,,

If they are strict about money it is only because they are trying to add the their elections budget.

I hope they just forget about it lol.

MUFC said:
It shows how they consider an application before or after certain date. It is based as of when the application arrives in the CIC office.

And like you said imagine about a change in the Law.

We see how strict they are only for the fees.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How is that even fair, to apply and leave.. at least wait until you get it and then you can do whatever you want.

screech339 said:
I am not talking about being forced to stay in Canada once you have citizenship. I am talking about those who are forced to reside in Canada until they get citizenship. I am sure a lot of them that don't like the "intend to reside" clause are those that want to apply for citizenship on way to airport.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
m22ij said:
here is your citizenship, give me back my taxes
Funny. But it doesn't work that way. They make the rules. Sometimes mid-game. Sometimes they change them retroactively (look up "access to information law"). You play by the rules. Don't like them: then vote!

m22ij said:
I have signed this paper as well to get my PR and I moved where I want..
You just admitted to misrepresenting your intent on the PR application as well. So for others who do this on the citizenship application, they risk getting their citizenship revoked but will become PR again. In your case, you also get the PR revoked at the same time, so straight to non-resident alien. Don't like being a second class citizen? Then vote!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
m22ij said:
How is that even fair, to apply and leave.. at least wait until you get it and then you can do whatever you want.
That is why the "intend to reside" was added. To prevent those who have applied in the past and then leave Canada only to return for test and oath.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many people are blaming this government, but in practise one of the biggest reasons for that law to happen are exactly those people who have had cheated the system by declaring physical presence in Canada during the eligibility period when actually they were outside of Canada for the same declared period.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
MUFC said:
Many people are blaming this government, but in practise one of the biggest reasons for that law to happen are exactly those people who have had cheated the system by declaring physical presence in Canada during the eligibility period when actually they were outside of Canada for the same declared period.
Is it legal under the current law to declare physical presence in Canada while you are outside of Canada?

It must be, if it took a change in the law to stop it. So I should just send my application right now then, since before the Conservatives introduced second class citizenship, one could declare anything.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now under the new rules is clarified that the residence should be only physical.

Practically now they measure the residence under the actual physical presence.

But before it wasn't specified that the residence should be physical.
Now it's too late for you to do that.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the province i am intending to live in doesnt give me what I want which is a good job and what not so why would I bother,, I came and signed it thinking that yes I will get a good job,, life is going to be amazing,, my dreams will come true, but when I landed my dreams were shattered.

If someone is lying to the other it is the government lying to immigrants lets just be honest, I am going to use my veto against them lol infront of the united nations JK. but serious talk if after you land and if you can't get a job they can't force i have asked the provincial government themselves,, they said we can't force anyone to do so.. because you're new to the country and you don't know the rules therefore they will use that against you.

anon123 said:
Funny. But it doesn't work that way. They make the rules. Sometimes mid-game. Sometimes they change them retroactively (look up "access to information law"). You play by the rules. Don't like them: then vote!

You just admitted to misrepresenting your intent on the PR application as well. So for others who do this on the citizenship application, they risk getting their citizenship revoked but will become PR again. In your case, you also get the PR revoked at the same time, so straight to non-resident alien. Don't like being a second class citizen? Then vote!